Poll: As a Horde player, would you rather side with the Darkspear Rebellion or Warchief?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How so? He secured more land for the Horde and ensured they had enough food and resources to survive. How is that incompetent? Oh, you probably mean his actions in the Twilight's Highlands intro? Yeah, he doesn't always think everything through but instead takes action immediately. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

The opposite can be said about thinking everything through a million times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't work for Thrall who continued to try diplomacy while his people starved.
    I'm beginning to feel that the only reason he has gotten anywhere is all due to the competent of his generals.

And where is it stated that the Orcs were starving under Thrall. There is plenty of game in the barrens and the ocean is right next to Org. The Tauran who are nearly twice their size aren't starving.

His actions are not about "saving the Orcs", but about ambition, power and greed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How so? He secured more land for the Horde and ensured they had enough food and resources to survive.
    Was it for his people, or was he doing it for gratification?

Where exactly does his show zero respect for the other leaders? Calling Sylvanas a bitch? That was completely called for. At least Garrosh had the balls to say it, while Thrall probably thought the same way. Assassinating Vol'jin? Remember that Vol'jin also showed no respect to Garrosh, who is his superior.

Abuses Goblins? They even abuse themselves so who cares? I don't see a Goblin raid going after Gallywix either.

And the whole Orc supremacist card is getting old. It's completely made up. Please show me proof that Garrosh only cares about Orcs and nobody else.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:14 AM ----------

Are you forgetting TBC and Cataclysm?
    He views other races as weak or merely tools to be used. He segregated people in Orgrimmar. Go look up the lore a little rather than put some blinders on. The guy views his Orcs reigning supreme.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly does his show zero respect for the other leaders? Calling Sylvanas a bitch? That was completely called for. At least Garrosh had the balls to say it, while Thrall probably thought the same way. Assassinating Vol'jin? Remember that Vol'jin also showed no respect to Garrosh, who is his superior.

Abuses Goblins? They even abuse themselves so who cares? I don't see a Goblin raid going after Gallywix either.

And the whole Orc supremacist card is getting old. It's completely made up. Please show me proof that Garrosh only cares about Orcs and nobody else.
    You didn't do the Dominance Offensive quest line did you ...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    And where is it stated that the Orcs were starving under Thrall. There is plenty of game in the barrens and the ocean is right next to Org. The Tauran who are nearly twice their size aren't starving..
    Its in the Shattering book, and even mentioned in the Orc intro vid
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Doesn't matter. He helped his people, end of story. A Warchief is not suppose to care about the enemy (Alliance scum). Killing them is not a bad thing whatsoever.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    can it not be for both?
    People usually have multiple reasons and motivations for doing things
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I'm beginning to feel that the only reason he has gotten anywhere is all due to the competent of his generals.

And where is it stated that the Orcs were starving under Thrall. There is plenty of game in the barrens and the ocean is right next to Org. The Tauran who are nearly twice their size aren't starving.

His actions are not about "saving the Orcs", but about ambition, power and greed.
    It was mentioned in heart of war and especially in the shattering that the orcs were suffering in Durotar.

However it was also shown in the Shattering that the Orcs relish the challenges of living in a hard land and celebrate it, as anything less would make them soft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall side with Warchief Garrosh. The alliance are on the run from the horde, be it ashenvale, Hillsbrad, theramore or pandaria. But hey according to vol'jin it's a perfect time to hold a revolutions in order to cut the horde strength in half 0o

And i hope you all know thats not really Garrosh doing all this....

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother. Garrosh fans are kind of a breed onto themselves, convinced because the character does a couple of brooding things that counts towards great leadership, well purposely ignoring every major bad thing he does.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Its in the Shattering book, and even mentioned in the Orc intro vid
    Yeh the shattering caused some major issues with Orc food supplies and I think goblins also poisoned another water source because of the operations they are running as well? This made garry go out and get the tauren to help with their water supplies (if they could create rivers like they did for the quillbore why the fuck didnt they do this for durotar in the first bloody place?)

Deleted
    I don't like the guy. Just the way he treats other members of the horde...

But if he decided to attack the alliance head-on in an epic battle, I'd still follow him. Aside from he being an asshole, he's still a really good warlord who's achieved a lot of things. He's just too aggressive to stay warchief. He's splitting the horde, rather than keeping it together like Thrall did.

Quote Originally Posted by Giledhel View Post
    And i hope you all know thats not really Garrosh doing all this....
    It's Blizzard's awful writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I shall side with Warchief Garrosh. The alliance are on the run from the horde, be it ashenvale, Hillsbrad, theramore or pandaria. But hey according to vol'jin it's a perfect time to hold a revolutions in order to cut the horde strength in half 0o
    HAHAHA! funny man.
    Have you seen 5.3? Not only are the alliance not on the run from the horde, they are now at the gates of orgrimmar ready to kill garrosh.
    Again like my above statement.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's Blizzard's awful writers.
    nope, its just your inability to accept whats happening.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    I don't like the guy. Just the way he treats other members of the horde...

But if he decided to attack the alliance head-on in an epic battle, I'd still follow him. Aside from he being an asshole, he's still a really good warlord who's achieved a lot of things. He's just too aggressive to stay warchief. He's splitting the horde, rather than keeping it together like Thrall did.
    Garrosh did say he was a warlord not a warchief. Truest words he has ever spoken. He is someone to put in charge of fighting not someone to lead the whole horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHA! funny man.
    Have you seen 5.3? Not only are the alliance not on the run from the horde, they are now at the gates of orgrimmar ready to kill garrosh.
    Again like my above statement.
    Because of said traitors.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    can it not be for both?
    People usually have multiple reasons and motivations for doing things
    It can be, and I hope it is.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    (if they could create rivers like they did for the quillbore why the fuck didnt they do this for durotar in the first bloody place?)
    because magic can only work at certain times of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I consider it lazy writing, ruining a once great character and so on, but let's leave that for a moment.
    Let's not.

When was Garrosh a great character? There only ever seems to be two examples - and both happened due to his incompetence as a commander! He was always shown to be a meatheaded gasbag with an ego.

The writing is completely consistant.