Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    If you're in Scania, you wouldn't happen to be in Malmö I suppose?
    Lund, actually, so I'm more civilized than your average Scanian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I'm

not

DANISH

Godammit!
    I kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    If you're in Scania, you wouldn't happen to be in Malmö I suppose?
    I think he is in Lund, it's an old University town 20km or so north of Malmö, like 1000 years old, also the battleground for one of the bloodiest battles against our lovely danish brotheren.

Malmö is hosting the eurovision song contest atm btw(since Sweden won last year), Final tomorrow!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest
    The contest has been broadcast every year since its inauguration in 1956 and is one of the longest-running television programmes in the world. It is also one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world, with audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally. Eurovision has also been broadcast outside Europe to such places as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay and Venezuela despite the fact that they do not compete

Not that I care
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Anyways, as some have mentioned I think we've out grown "world" wars, not just due to technology, just the fact were in a mind frame 100 times better than 50 years ago
    You know, that's exactly what people thought after WW1. A century of peace would follow because the mentality of war had been outgrown and the nations are too intertwined economically for another world war to ever start again. 21 years later it did.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The one thing the USA dominates completely in is Logistics and support, possibly the most important area of all.
    And number of nukes.

I honestly believe a 2nd American Civil War would happen before World War III.

...and by a "2nd American Civil War" I mean "A month of very serious (and very embarrassing) civil disturbances that amount to nothing".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going as extreme as a third world war is something I can't see coming in many decades if ever. Countries are too dependent on each other economically.

The threat of mutual assured destruction makes a WWIII unlikely, although all it takes could be a single rogue state that doesn't give a shit to set it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You know, that's exactly what people thought after WW1. A century of peace would follow because the mentality of war had been outgrown and the nations are too intertwined economically for another world war to ever start again. 21 years later it did.

And number of nukes.
    Number of nukes mean jack shit nowadays as long as you have a few. 200 or 200,000, does it make a difference? Anyway, Russia has more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by phenox View Post
    Honestly US VS NK
    Hardly a match. Like putting a 500 lb gorilla up against a mouse.

China, Russia, N.K.(possibly S.K.), Iran vs. U.S.
    EU will try to stay uninvolved (as will the rest of the UN, which is fitting because they can't be anymore UN)
    U.S. gets trampled.
    I could go into details as to why, but I would likely get infracted for "nation bashing".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    Hardly a match. Like putting a 500 lb gorilla up against a mouse.

China, Russia, N.K.(possibly S.K.), Iran vs. U.S.
    EU will try to stay uninvolved (as will the rest of the UN, which is fitting because they can't be anymore UN)
    U.S. gets trampled.
    I could go into details as to why, but I would likely get infracted for "nation bashing".
    China and the US allying against Russia is more likely than Russia and China allying against the US. China most likely wouldn't directly support NK in an all-out war at this point. A lot of EU countries are bound to the US through NATO, so they have to intervene (not implying they wouldn't join even if we weren't in agreement). I can see Russia and Iran allying but that's it.

Doubt WWIII would happen. This is why the UN was founded after WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    Just like The League of Nations after WWI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    The UN are a joke, have you seen the average UN peace keeper?

I doubt we're headed for WWW3 anytime soon. Escalation in the Middle East though...

The UN are a joke, have you seen the average UN peace keeper?
    "The UN is a useless organization with a ridiculous army. Robin’s egg blue helmets? Great camouflage … if you’re invading an Easter egg hunt!"

Last edited by Olo; 2013-05-17 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Next World War will be Sweden vs Denmark. It's time to settle this once and for all.
    Sweden won 4:2 it's settled
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    In response to the question when will it happen the answer is never.
    In response to your question who will be involved, no one. And if it did happen, the fact you say WORLD WAR..well you get it right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    "The UN is a useless organization with a ridiculous army. Robin’s egg blue helmets? Great camouflage … if you’re invading an Easter egg hunt!"

The idea is not to blend in, but to be a visible deterrent, why do you think they use white armoured vehicles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I honestly believe a 2nd American Civil War would happen before World War III.

...and by a "2nd American Civil War" I mean "A month of very serious (and very embarrassing) civil disturbances that amount to nothing".
    I think you are probably the closest in here with that prediction.
    While I wouldn't call it a civil war, really.. Those few hundred thousand (gutsy guess) nutcases who believe that it's time for a revolution now, to overthrow the tyrannical government may very well create some smoke and wreak some havoc. But all in all, they are so hopelessly outnumbered, that such revolution is over very fast.

There's a small little piece in me, who would actually like to see it happen, for one reason only...
    To show how stupid that mindset actually is, and to end that tendency for good.
    And I am curious whether guys like LaPierre or Ted Nugent would storm to the front row... Something tells me, that they'd both hide far far away from the trouble.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Number of nukes mean jack shit nowadays as long as you have a few. 200 or 200,000, does it make a difference? Anyway, Russia has more of them.
    Depends where you store them. For example UK, all their nukes are on submarines if I remember right. That makes sure that if someone fires and wipes the UK out from first strike, you can still strike back. On the other hand... I never understood why Russia and USA need the thousands of nukes they have, even in the case of a nuclear war in the Cold War, you wouldn't get time to launch even 1/3 before the other guy's nukes hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is very little to gain (money wise) from another WW so it wont happen, if it does im sure the US will be swift to deliver some democracy to who ever striked first
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s