Deleted

coming out stories

Hello internet,
    I'm writing a novel about a young man discovering he's gay, and ultimately his coming out.
    I only have my own coming out experience to draw from, and my coming out went very, very well (I'm Dutch).
    my idea for my main character isn't that it goes so well for him, so I'm looking for some more coming out stories. Good, bad: all are welcome and much appreciated.
    also things like, how did you find out you're gay, how did it change you etc. Will be immensely helpful.

I look foreward to hear your stories

kind regards,
    Derek.
    p.s if you don't feel comfortable posting it on the internet quite this openly, but still want to help, feel free to send me a private message.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm bisexual so that might be a little different. I didn't realise it for a long time, I basically thought: I'm into girls so I can't be gay. Bisexuality never really occurred to me until the first time I "experimented".

My coming out was good. I kept to to myself for maybe a year and sat down with my parents to talk about it and they had zero problems, which was what I was expecting. My mother asked me if I was really homosexual and was just sugarcoating it for them by still having the possibility of going out with girls.

None of them expected it, but relationships haven't really changed since then. Same with the few people in my workplace that know about it.

I make it a point in my live to never lie about it, but I don't walk around with a sign either. But unless I'm consciously making an effort I still talk about a girlfriend when I mean partner/significant other. It's just too much of a habit.

Hope that helps you, although there's not much interesting in there. Good luck with your novel either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    While your idea is interesting and I wish you all the luck in the world with your novel, threads based on sexuality are not permitted here as per the general off-topic rules and guidelines.

Closing.