Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I have to say, the acting in the last two episodes is really great. Especially on Fitz's part. That moment when he said it's Simmons for him and Aida went dafuq. Wouldn't want to be him even without her having crazy powers.

Huh, looks that this RIDICULOUSLY convoluted thing that made Aida testing on the Inhumans not a random act of being evil for evil's sake was actually true.

And so was this. I wonder what crevice of a dimension Ghost Rider will drag her to. Or why he suddenly returned. Did he sense Aida through the portal still at SHIELD's base? Either way, quite neat how they are going to weave all the arcs of this season's together.

So when Daisy plugged in and took over Skye's body in there she merged their souls, put that soul in some quantum box or what?
    Ya last episode was perfect, from Coulson's Cap shield but better. To human Aida, almost thought they were going to make her good for a second but Fitz misjudged Aida's level understanding and turned her into a psychotic murder bitch. Question is now does she just want to kill him or keep him prisoner and "build a life" with him. Being held prisoner by a psychotic murder bitch who rapes you daily and wants to have your rape babies has got to be fun. That's my fetish

And Ya Aida strait up admitted the framework is just a simulation, an illusion, and she wouldn't lie to Fitz. Looks like the whole Mac thing was just a set up for a Yo-Yo arc to save is ass.

Is it just me or is AoS one of the few shows that has gotten increasingly better with age?

I don't think the framework can be just a simulation. I guess it's possible for Aida to have done enough research and read people's minds to know (for example) that someone somewhere regretted Ward being recruited by Garrett and would have preferred him to be recruited by Hand, and from there extrapolate how a person she never met would develop.

However it's now been revealed that Aida was researching Inhumans in the other world to discover how their powers work so she could have them in her new body. If the Framework was just a simulation how would it be able to simulate powers in a way that could be replicated in the real world?

Besides, the Darkhold built the Framework, the Darkhold is magic and we know from Doctor Strange that magic in the MCU works through tapping into the Multiverse, I think the Framework is as much a new universe as any of the "What If..." realities explored in the comics.

Also, did anyone notice the Russian describing his drone body as Designed Only for Killing (about 20 minutes in when Aida is losing her shit?) Do you think at some point he'll evolve into a Mental/Mechanised/Mobile Organism?

Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing....Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Also, did anyone notice the Russian describing his drone body as Designed Only for Killing (about 20 minutes in when Aida is losing her shit?) Do you think at some point he'll evolve into a Mental/Mechanised/Mobile Organism?
    If you're gonna do MODOK, you need to go full-on-angry-head-with-legs MODOK. Don't cheese out and just have it be angry LMD guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're gonna do MODOK, you need to go full-on-angry-head-with-legs MODOK. Don't cheese out and just have it be angry LMD guy.

But we don't know where his head is, do we?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    But we don't know where his head is, do we?
    No. I'm just saying, if we get an army of robo-clones and no flying-head-with-tiny-limbs, I'll be annoyed that they wasted MODOK. Yes, it looks ridiculous. That's half the point of MODOK. He's like the Daleks in Doctor Who; he's frightening BECAUSE he's ridiculous, and yet still annihilates things on the regular despite that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't think the framework can be just a simulation. I guess it's possible for Aida to have done enough research and read people's minds to know (for example) that someone somewhere regretted Ward being recruited by Garrett and would have preferred him to be recruited by Hand, and from there extrapolate how a person she never met would develop.

However it's now been revealed that Aida was researching Inhumans in the other world to discover how their powers work so she could have them in her new body. If the Framework was just a simulation how would it be able to simulate powers in a way that could be replicated in the real world?

Besides, the Darkhold built the Framework, the Darkhold is magic and we know from Doctor Strange that magic in the MCU works through tapping into the Multiverse, I think the Framework is as much a new universe as any of the "What If..." realities explored in the comics.

I mean it was from Aida's own lips telling the man she loved, and im pretty sure she had access to the shield database multiple times. Which would have everything Ward and Inhuman related, not to mention May's and everyone else's memory's. Teleportation, regeneration, electricity, strength, all inhuman powers they have seen, hell have had on video, with multiple samples and tests before. Not to mention having the Darkholds help. Despite the darkhold's help the framework is still tech, super advanced tech run all over the world sure, but cut the power, and the simulation ends, we even saw the code starting to defrag. Not to mention the whole soul boondoggle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mallory Jansen is a great actor, wow.

Agent's is getting better. I used to kind of dread watching it each week, but now it is a great watch(while I somewhat am dreading to watching Flash/Arrow).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    The acting prowess/depth in the show is clearly being carried by everything that's revolving around Fitz, or Iain De Caestecker, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I mean it was from Aida's own lips telling the man she loved, and im pretty sure she had access to the shield database multiple times. Which would have everything Ward and Inhuman related, not to mention May's and everyone else's memory's. Teleportation, regeneration, electricity, strength, all inhuman powers they have seen, hell have had on video, with multiple samples and tests before. Not to mention having the Darkholds help. Despite the darkhold's help the framework is still tech, super advanced tech run all over the world sure, but cut the power, and the simulation ends, we even saw the code starting to defrag. Not to mention the whole soul boondoggle.
    One thing she doesn't have; hellfire.
    I think it's fair to say we may see Ghost Rider making an appearance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think it's fair to say we may see Ghost Rider making an appearance
    Spoiler from the latest episode;

We already did. Ghostie came back through the S.H.I.E.L.D. portal at the very end of the episode. Wouldn't make much sense if he wasn't back on the show now.

Got renewed. Ratings really need to pick up or I would be surprised if next season wraps it up. Especially if Inhumans does well.

Pretty predictable return of Ghost Rider. I had hoped they'd use 'Aida' in a clever way, maybe even redeem her/drain her powers. But the rejection jealousy rage into cliche "let's destroy the world" is just disappointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I had hoped they'd use 'Aida' in a clever way, maybe even redeem her/drain her powers. But the rejection jealousy rage into cliche "let's destroy the world" is just disappointing.
    Well, I mean...

Heaven has no rage, like love to hatred turned,
    Nor hell a fury, like a woman Aida scorned.

But seriously though, what TV and movies need are female characters who are flawed, crazy, "evil", selfish, unlikable and so on. That's how you get to equality in depiction of genders and equality in roles given. If you think about sleazy, conniving, two-faced, weak, selfish, whining, annoying, and also in all different ways bad and "evil" characters, they're almost always men. For decades and decades now it's been quite fine to portray men with all these horrible traits. Women have been troped, for sure, no doubt about that...but men have been made into everything disgusting imaginable. The way out from the trope hell is to diversify character roles. Think Charlize Theron in Monster.

Also, the way they handled Aida's situation felt quite realistic and logical to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Also, the way they handled Aida's situation felt quite realistic and logical to me.
    We should also remember that she's had real emotions for, like, a couple days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We should also remember that she's had real emotions for, like, a couple days.
    Aye, that's what I was going for; a bit like a baby or a toddler reacting to new emotions and situations, not being able to control the emotions and emotional responses yet. That's why I think it seemed plausible to me that she might as well react that way.

Great actor though... Another Australian showing how it's done!

10+ Year Old Account
    There we go. AoS has been renewed for a fifth season.

Showrunner / executive producer just tweeted the following:

Season Five. Go team. #AgentsofSHIELD

— Maurissa Tancharoen (@MoTancharoen) May 11, 2017

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think that Aida got the superpowers from various individuals from the alt universe at all?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Anyone else think that Aida got the superpowers from various individuals from the alt universe at all?
    She had access to shield files on all the various in humans, those inhuman's are recreated in the framework Aida finds them, already knows all their weaknesses/gets them before they have become inhuman runs the experiments plugs all that shit into her framework genetic code and out pops a super powerful inhuman.

All her powers are things shield has seen before , Lincon electricity, Gordon teleport, Lash healing/durability ect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, I mean...

Heaven has no rage, like love to hatred turned,
    Nor hell a fury, like a woman Aida scorned.

But seriously though, what TV and movies need are female characters who are flawed, crazy, "evil", selfish, unlikable and so on. That's how you get to equality in depiction of genders and equality in roles given. If you think about sleazy, conniving, two-faced, weak, selfish, whining, annoying, and also in all different ways bad and "evil" characters, they're almost always men. For decades and decades now it's been quite fine to portray men with all these horrible traits. Women have been troped, for sure, no doubt about that...but men have been made into everything disgusting imaginable. The way out from the trope hell is to diversify character roles. Think Charlize Theron in Monster.

Ya It was really the only way to handle the situation, Ophelia had emotions for what hours? Rejection sucks, even as an adult who can mostly deal with it, what happened was the equivalent of breaking up with a superpowered toddler/baby. Fitz knows she manipulated his memory's and put him into the framework in the first place he was never going to pick her