Hasnt this been cancelled yet lol. What a load of old shit

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We should at least be happy they're decent flicks, rather than shovelware they just put out to retain the rights.
    there something alright but i wouldnt call them decent thats for sure.

anyways i finally got around to watching all the episodes.

until tonights episode i had basically accepted that simmons was douche of the year but as soon as i saw her in the opening of tonight i knew she was undercover so im glad that happened.

also is it just me or is this season like REALLY GOOD so far? i know the show really turned around after winter soldier last season but this season its like theyre firing on all cylinders and it really stands on its own.

fitz is still the best damn character on the show, i didnt see the reveal at the end of episode 1 coming though. that genuinely shocked me. i also really loved the way he treated ward although i kind of wish he didnt know simmons was undercover, i think it wouldve had a stronger impact if he found that out first hand by simmons herself. also al is awesome i really dig the chemistry and relationship he has with fitz

also i really like the way skye has been a bit toned down this season. she feels like a much more likable and realistic character so far.

may and fitz best characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huntermikelson View Post
    Hasnt this been cancelled yet lol. What a load of old shit
    pretty much guaranteed to be renewed, has really good ratings.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

"pretty much guaranteed to be renewed, has really good ratings."

Has modest ratings, at this very early point in the television season I would not call it safe by any means, nor is it in any imminent danger of being cancelled.

In fact this weeks ratings hit a series low. I would not by any means assume a season 3 at this point
    Last edited by Wyattbw09; 2014-10-08 at 04:23 PM.

I liked ep 1 and 2 of this season, even if I had nits to pick with them. This one, just felt a little flat. Fitz was good enough, but Ward still just feels out of place. Simmons is just meh. May and Coulson are still solid, and while Skye has been fun enough I think, but they seem to have just discarded season 1 Skye entirely.

Not like every episode can be high-energy like the first couple, but hopefully the rest of the season picks things up more.

I've watched the whole 1st season and it's quite mediocre, both story and acting. You would imagine there are fantastic stories to be told in the Marvel universe but this show proves you wrong. It's pretentious and full of well known cliches. I'd rate it a 5 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    "pretty much guaranteed to be renewed, has really good ratings."

Has modest ratings, at this very early point in the television season I would not call it safe by any means, nor is it in any imminent danger of being cancelled.

In fact this weeks ratings hit a series low. I would not by any means assume a season 3 at this point
    its got pretty good ratings considering ratings have been down for ALL the major networks (fox mostly but theyve all had a big hit to their ratings this year)

it would have to take a really big nose dive to get cancelled
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Good episode overall.

Liked that they immediately showed that Simmons is a double agent (Nice branding Hydra was there even a logo in the ship? It was so quick, I am not 100% sure). I am not that excited about the whole "comply brainwashing" thing though, it's just not that interesting to me. I also liked the scene with Fitz and Ward. Poor Fitz, can't catch a break. Hope they don't hold information about Skye's family for too long but my bet is that she will escape with Wards and this probably needs some more episodes. Next week more about Coulson's painting, hope we get some information. We need answers

The branding of Hydra made me think of COBRA, it just seems a bit silly for a covert organization. Made them seem like a typical "evil corporation" or something.

Deleted
    Maybe the Marketing department spent too much on Hydra merchandise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The branding of Hydra made me think of COBRA, it just seems a bit silly for a covert organization. Made them seem like a typical "evil corporation" or something.
    Well, it dates back to the '60s-era Marvel. Which wasn't known for being subtle. This is the same era where James Bond kept being a superspy despite telling literally anyone who asked that he was James Bond.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Fitz did kill Ward.

just saying.
    Hi

Ward didn't seem to have any adverse affects to the oxygen draw. I guess Fitz bottled it before any damage was done.

Regarding Hydra branding:

Now that Hydra has been exposed, maybe they're positioning themselves more publicly. I mean, there are probably a significant number of people who don't trust SHIELD (cf the discussion between Hawkeye and the Professor in Avengers) and that number has probably gone up with the release of the files in Cap 2. And I'm sure the files didn't say "Hydra has given four million dollars to Garry Shandling to harass Stark Industries".

They're probably just the MCU's version of an evil Haliburton (save the joke, I already made it) now.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I was disappointed. I wanted Simmons to really be bad. I'm hoping she gets brainwashed and does end up killing a core team member (no, not Nick Blood, Mack or Trip)... maybe even Fitz. That'd be delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I was disappointed. I wanted Simmons to really be bad. I'm hoping she gets brainwashed and does end up killing a core team member (no, not Nick Blood, Mack or Trip)... maybe even Fitz. That'd be delicious.
    With the revelation of the "compliance" brainwashing this early and this heavily, I will be absolutely amazed if at least 2 major team members have not already been brainwashed with the compliance protocol. One is practically a given; there's no reason to introduce that kind of feature unless it's something the protagonists will need to deal with internally. Two steps it up a notch, because it's always fun trying to find the brainwashed mole, not realizing there's two.

And by "major", I mean, like, Simmons (because she's the obvious one) and May. Only because Coulson would be a step too far, for a bunch of reasons (in particular, I think he's the only one that could take May out.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because COBRA is basically Hydra (and post-1982 GI Joe is SHIELD). Or at least, that's what they started as: from Wikipedia:

Prior to G.I. Joe's relaunch in 1982, Larry Hama was developing an idea for a new comic book called Fury Force, which he was hoping would be an ongoing series for Marvel Comics. The original premise had the son of S.H.I.E.L.D director Nick Fury assembling a team of elite commandos to battle neo-Nazi terrorists HYDRA. Shooter approached Hama about the Joe project due to Hama's military background, and the Fury concept was adapted for the project.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And by "major", I mean, like, Simmons (because she's the obvious one) and May. Only because Coulson would be a step too far, for a bunch of reasons (in particular, I think he's the only one that could take May out.)
    May makes sense in that her and Ward already hooked up, and she's usually so emotionless.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Now that Hydra has been exposed, maybe they're positioning themselves more publicly.
    Except that the US military is hunting them (if inefficiently) and so are other agencies.
    Meanwhile, the NSA just needs to look for their giant symbols on crates and buildings and such...

And as I mentioned before, the Cap2 Hydra Reveal really feels completely different to me than the SHIELD show made it out to be. A small cabal of individuals working within other agencies to fulfill their aims vs a bunch of cartoon villains that almost outnumbered the real members of SHIELD.

They're probably just the MCU's version of an evil Haliburton (save the joke, I already made it) now.
    Actually I was thinking Umbrella Corp, but in any case it's once again treading into cartoon "why the fuck would anybody work for these people" land.

Actually I was thinking Umbrella Corp, but in any case it's once again treading into cartoon "why the fuck would anybody work for these people" land.
    As a fervent student of fire's impact on the pine tree lifecycle, the sequoia analogy really spoke to me.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Oh man that would be so much win... Simmons get's brainwashed and kills Fitz.

I could see Whedon pulling shit like that .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30