This show just keeps throwing in the awesome.

Well that episode certainly connected a lot of dots, some expected, some not so expected. Also, I think Wards brother is alive somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that chick was the one from The 100? Anya?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Well that episode certainly connected a lot of dots, some expected, some not so expected. Also, I think Wards brother is alive somewhere.
    Regardless of whether or not they currently have plans to include Ward's brother in the future, I do think they intentionally left that option open by not showing his death.

On another note, I'm definitely getting the feeling that Skye is indeed a relatively well-known character from the comics and that we'll find out at the mid-season finale. Her father has made it very clear that Skye isn't her real name and that's a point of contention for him. In addition they've only ever referred to her father as "the Doctor" which means knowing even her last name would give it away.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, she looked really familiar when I saw her in the 100, but I've not seen her in anything else... Which is strange, because she has a fairly unique face.

HOLY shit that was a great episode... Although I have to say from the moment Anya stepped on screen, I thought to myself "I BET that's Skye's mum!". Glad to know that Skye'd dad is actually playing double agent... The question IS... Is his beef with Coulson real, or just a coverstory he gave Whitehall?

Putting my money down now, Skye's dad is the High Evolutionary. Then in the midseason finale he's going to help S.H.I.E.L.D. take out Whitehall, but then go bonkers mental and either abduct Skye, or something equally insane, setting himself up at the big bad for this season.

Also, laying more money down that there's a Terrigen Crystal inside the Diviner.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Putting my money down now, Skye's dad is the High Evolutionary. Then in the midseason finale he's going to help S.H.I.E.L.D. take out Whitehall, but then go bonkers mental and either abduct Skye, or something equally insane, setting himself up at the big bad for this season.
    Keep in mind that the mid-season break will have the Agent Carter series too, I'd figure they'd tie it in somehow to the season arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Keep in mind that the mid-season break will have the Agent Carter series too, I'd figure they'd tie it in somehow to the season arc.
    Of course, But there's many ways they could do that. I figure it'll link in with the stuff they've shown so far in Flashbacks.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I wonder if Whitehall will make appearances in Agent Carter. I mean we've already had several flashback scenes with them. It would be great to tie it in and see more of past Whitehall.

By the way, if Skyemum and Skyedad can live so long, does that mean Skye will also not grow old?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    I wonder if Whitehall will make appearances in Agent Carter. I mean we've already had several flashback scenes with them. It would be great to tie it in and see more of past Whitehall.

By the way, if Skyemum and Skyedad can live so long, does that mean Skye will also not grow old?
    Unless I missed something, nothing shows Skye's dad doesn't age. The scene where the mom dies is 44 years after the Whitewall was captured, shortly after Skye was born. He was simply young in the scene where she dies and middle aged in present time.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Unless I missed something, nothing shows Skye's dad doesn't age. The scene where the mom dies is 44 years after the Whitewall was captured, shortly after Skye was born. He was simply young in the scene where she dies and middle aged in present time.
    Ah, right okay - but maybe Skye doesn't age herself anyway due to the mothers genes?

They could go before he's imprisoned, but that seems unlikely, so I doubt it'll be anything that direct. It's a shame they probably won't get Strucker or someone though.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, right okay - but maybe Skye doesn't age herself anyway due to the mothers genes?
    It's possible, but I guess well just have to find out. My guess is she doesn't have those same powers, but maybe something different? She aged from a baby to an adult, so those powers would have to stop the aging at some point, which I guess could be possible considering we don't know if her mother stopped aging at a certain point or was granted those powers in her adult years.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    It's possible, but I guess well just have to find out. My guess is she doesn't have those same powers, but maybe something different? She aged from a baby to an adult, so those powers would have to stop the aging at some point, which I guess could be possible considering we don't know if her mother stopped aging at a certain point or was granted those powers in her adult years.
    If she was an Inhuman, then her powers would not have manifested until her exposure to Terrigen Mist, which usually doesn't happen until adulthood. If she was a 'miracle' (i.e. a mutant in all but name), then her powers would not have manifested until puberty. Both of these allow someone with an 'unaging' power to get past childhood before it kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    If she was an Inhuman, then her powers would not have manifested until her exposure to Terrigen Mist, which usually doesn't happen until adulthood. If she was a 'miracle' (i.e. a mutant in all but name), then her powers would not have manifested until puberty. Both of these allow someone with an 'unaging' power to get past childhood before it kicks in.
    I'm wondering if the Diviner might be a stand-in for the Terrigen Mists in the MCU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm wondering if the Diviner might be a stand-in for the Terrigen Mists in the MCU.
    Don't forget, there's something INSIDE the Diviner. My guess is Skyedad will crack it open, revealing a Terrigen crystal, which gives him and Skye their powers.

The Doctor dad is pretty vehement about proclaiming that Skye is "not her real name" whenever it's mentioned to him. However, Skye is the name she chose for herself. I wonder if that's going to be yet another wedge between her and daddy dearest - not only is he a maniac and a murderer, he also wants to impose his own definition onto her about who she is, rather than accepting who she has chosen to become.

Especially since we'll learn in a surprise twist that her birth name was Go'el.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    The Doctor dad is pretty vehement about proclaiming that Skye is "not her real name" whenever it's mentioned to him. However, Skye is the name she chose for herself. I wonder if that's going to be yet another wedge between her and daddy dearest - not only is he a maniac and a murderer, he also wants to impose his own definition onto her about who she is, rather than accepting who she has chosen to become.

Especially since we'll learn in a surprise twist that her birth name was Go'el.
    Either Go'el, Kal-El or Kakarot

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Was going to say....maybe he turned into splinter, but given the family history it would have to be shredder

Joking aside I think the scene is set for Thor to pop into the show to claim the city's power source.

Deleted
    Skyemum was Sierra on Dollhouse, a Joss Whedon creation. I knew I recognized her from somewhere but couldn't figure it out before googling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah, Joss Whedon has a stable of actors that he tends to bring out from time to time (Deathlok was another). Wouldn't surprise me if we see more as the seasons go on.

Speaking of Deathlok, but going rather off-topic for a moment, if anyone wants to see J. August Richards playing a board game with Wil Wheaton, he's in the first episode of Season 3 of Tabletop.