Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Depends... do you like doing forced dailies? (rep, gear) do you like having a small pool of dungeons to do while leveling up? (fucking what was there? like 4?)
    I actually stopped playing like 2 months ago... after playing the game for 8 years. Had nothing to do with being burned out of WoW, it was being forced into stupid crap that I don't enjoy doing (ex: dailies... you even HAVE to do them if you only just want to raid)
    Don't listen to this. Dailies are completely optional at this point. My monk has not done dailies at all and is now 510 ilvl and 11/12 normal ToT. My warrior did all the dailies because I mained him in 5.0, but none of his current gear is from dailies. He is 525 and 1/13H. Dungeons I will admit are sparse, but that only matters if you consider dungeons an integral part of your end game experience.

ToT is incredible, hands down better than all of Cata and the 5.0 raids, about on par with Ulduar in terms of atmosphere, scale, and mechanics. However, it is difficult if you're not in a dedicated raiding guild. PuGs have a hard time on the second boss especially. I would recommend that if you come back you find a nice 2 day a week 25 man guild that fits any free time you have. There are plenty of guilds like this that are clearing normal at a decent rate. As for servers dying, this is an issue, but only if you're on a low pop server. My server has 20 active 25 man guilds and many 10 man guilds on addition to a large PvP community.

Am I the only person who has enjoyed the stuff like the pet battles and the challenge modes?

These days I keep myself busy with raiding and RBGs. And I find both of those things enjoyable. For me personally the only major missteps in MoP have been the following:

1) The constant need for lesser charms of good fortune.
    2) Scenarios. What an absolute bore these turned out to be.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Don't listen to this. Dailies are completely optional at this point.
    Not optional if you want to bring buff food to raids (or you can spend gold on buying said items)
    Not optional if you want extra chances of loot from bosses

15+ Year Old Account
    Not optional if you want to bring buff food to raids (or you can spend gold on buying said items)
    It feels like they lowered the drop chance for loot and then added the runes of power to increase it back to the regular drop chance, giving the illusion that you'll have better odds at loot.
    ie: Item X
    Cataclysm drop chance: 50% MoP drop chance without rune: 30%, drop chance with rune used: 50%

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but since nobody knows for sure it's entirely plausible they did this.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Yes. There's a ton of content in this xpac out of the box, and each of the 3 major patches has added a large chunk to that. The biggest change from wrath to MoP i'd say is a smaller focus on LFG dungeons and a larger focus on scenarios and LFRaid as a time sink. All of the world content is great though, and I love me some LFR slot machine stuff. The story in this patch is also the most present, so you'll have a solid understanding of what's going on.

Let's join the titanic folks

Still optional for both of these.

Food is super cheap and you get almost all the lesser charms you need doing the Barrens weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    Let's join the titanic folks
    Pure and utter melodramatic nonsense.

no, very bad time. you should wait for a few more expanions before you come back.

Panda Island is pretty terrible. I feel stupid for buying it and playing it.

The dark mystery, the gloom atmosphere, the story is just not there anymore.

Gameplay is fine I suppose. It's just a terribly childish and stupid expansion, focusing on pet battles, farmville, scenarios, and now spectating pet battles.

No new dungeons though.

If you like raiding and things to do MoP is the right expansion for you. But as with the latest patches all the community feel is gone. They keep adding bugged phasing, xrealm and LFR. Just things douchebags probably enjoy. But I know many ppl that dont like free epics or the getting to see raids without any effort and playing with total strangers in HC/BG/Brawl. Blizzard keeps making changes that removes the mystery from the game. Xrealm is probably the largest contribution to this. If I could chose I would probably remove LFR. there's no enjoyment running raids with retards without morale, just because thats what you need to do nowdays. Even if I wasnt in a raiding guild I would prefer not to see any of ToT at last until ive done some PuG with ppl from my own realm. Now you can just see everything with minimal effort. Not fun and no accomplishment. A game like wow should have alot of mystery and be less stressful in general. everything doesnt need to be "epic" for everyone all the time.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2013-05-22 at 11:46 PM.

Don't even bother playing, the pvp system is 100% BROKEN, i just cannot exaggerate how broken it is.... just don't even bother playing.

Unless your interested in pveing, its looking pretty decent.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-05-22 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Panda Island is pretty terrible. I feel stupid for buying it and playing it.

The dark mystery, the gloom atmosphere, the story is just not there anymore.

Gameplay is fine I suppose. It's just a terribly childish and stupid expansion, focusing on pet battles, farmville, scenarios, and now spectating pet battles.

No new dungeons though.
    You're either blind or haven't been paying attention at all if that's what you think the expansion is about.