Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My former roommate/GM told me patch 5.4 "modernizes" vanilla raids?

Hi MMOC.

on Saturday I saw my old friend and roommate who originally got me into WoW back in vanilla. I don't play WoW anymore (sort of), but I do have a former roommate that told me 5.4 will modernize older raids, meaning updated loot by giving the zones some type of "heroic" option upon entering, which basically changes it from a level 60 to level 90 or whatever the current level is in WoW. Has this been announced or hinted at? He was some type of GM at Blizzard years back that did behind-the-scenes work on customer service issues, idk the title for that... He has friends that still work there and he told me GMs aren't given a lot of info but this was the "feature" for that patch.

Has this been announced yet or has anything similar been announced?
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Let's make a false and foolish assumption that there is any reason to believe you - your friend just lost his job.

And even if, why should Blizzard waste their resources on recycling old content in such an unpleasant way?

Deleted
    Sounds like a load of rubbish.

Deleted
    Fail troll is fail.

1/10

Hint: Make a new account next time. Your posting history kind of gave it away.

Hey, I am all for this. Make WOW like GW2 and make all content relevant and not useless after 4-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Let's make a false and foolish assumption that there is any reason to believe you - your friend just lost his job.

And even if, why should Blizzard waste their resources on recycling old content in such an unpleasant way?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. He doesn't work there any longer and hasn't been an employee for going on 2 years. He didn't get fired nor has a grudge, he loves blizzard and their games! He makes a lot more working for an IT company now.

I would take this as a troll- if it wasn't wasn't already hinted at by Tom Chilton that "players were asking to do older content" for the new feature.

This might actually have some merit, though it was already guessed by some people already.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Sounds like a load of rubbish.
    Sounds like they stole more features from GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I would take this as a troll- if it wasn't wasn't already hinted at by Tom Chilton that "players were asking to do older content" for the new feature.

This might actually have some merit, though it was already guessed by some people already.
    Hah I actually saw part of that on Twitch this morning but I don't even remember that mentioned, go figure.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Front page or it isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. He doesn't work there any longer and hasn't been an employee for going on 2 years. He didn't get fired nor has a grudge, he loves blizzard and their games! He makes a lot more working for an IT company now.
    How would someone who hasn't worked there for 2 years know what they plan to release in 5.4?

Deleted
    GM's have no part in development and would have no idea what 5.4 would bring to the game besides what is already announced.

But good try.

My buddy's brother's shoeshine is the janitor at Blizzard and he said the same thing.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    How would someone who hasn't worked there for 2 years know what they plan to release in 5.4?
    He has a ton of friends that work there still, I actually met a few in the past. He wouldn't just make up random crap to tell me lol. And 5.4 is soon and his friends get to (alpha?) test certain things, not EVERYTHING is as discrete as you think.

Look, I am not here to prove anything nor claim a big announcement, I was just asking if this has been announced or if they are keeping all their secrets till Blizzcon or something.. Actually BLizzcon is probably too far away now that I think about it. Wouldnt they have to announce something very very soon anyways?
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-05-20 at 11:19 PM.

I get the feeling that at school you were the guy who says "My dad works for Nintendo and he says there is a real Mewthree"

I can confirm this information. My friend Gary also told me this. Gary says that this is the feature that GC alluded to a while back. My friend Gary not only didnt use to work at Blizzard, but will actually work at Blizzard in the future; the distant future. You see, my friend Gary is a time traveling alien from the future! He has also told me that SoO will have a special, surprise ending, in which Garrosh will be redeemed by the ghost of his father! Also, the burning legion will actually make an appearance during this raid! According to Gary the next expansion will indeed be burning legion focused. My friend Gary (the time traveling alien from the future) can tell me this, because all this stuff had already happened before he signed his NDA, so he will not get fired because he is telling me stuff that has already happened in his time/space continuum.

Mods you can lock this, I didn't realize the feedback would be filled with jerks. I wasn't here to claim an announcement.

Enjoy your game.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Mods you can lock this, I didn't realize the feedback would be filled with jerks. I wasn't here to claim an announcement.

Enjoy your game.
    Don't tell them what to do. You aren't Boub.

Edit: Free to play is evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I happened to have diarrhea one day at the blizzard office, made it too the toilet in time, i over heard the cleaner talking too another cleaner about the next expansion, and its going to be....
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

i'd be fine with blizz recycling all old raids to current max level - even if they didn't have gear upgrades, i'd be happy with transmog gear, the mounts that used to drop and failbags.

people have been asking for retro raids for years, but always suggesting downscaling - makes me wonder if upscaling old raids to current levels would actually be more technically possible and provide extra end game options
    <insert witty signature here>