Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In my opinion it's just a fraction of how humanity in general is going down, I am not running and saying heroic modes or even Lei Shen normal but many haven't even cleared half the instance yet on normal and it's been a while, those who do raid of course. It's not lack of time since they do raid like twice a week or so, that's plenty of time to clear at least half normal mode since 5.2 came out. Just seems that people become either lazy researching how to play their class/gear up properly and expect to kill raid bosses like they kill trash in the open world or people become less smart as time moves on or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    In my opinion it's just a fraction of how humanity in general is going down, I am not running and saying heroic modes or even Lei Shen normal but many haven't even cleared half the instance yet on normal and it's been a while, those who do raid of course. It's not lack of time since they do raid like twice a week or so, that's plenty of time to clear at least half normal mode since 5.2 came out. Just seems that people become either lazy researching how to play their class/gear up properly and expect to kill raid bosses like they kill trash in the open world or people become less smart as time moves on or both.
    Or people are becoming tired of dying to the same boss over and over because the tuning and mechanics makes it so that you have to die repeatedly to learn how to do it. Very few people actually have the patience to die 250-300 times just to learn the entire raid. I stopped raiding 1 1/2 months ago because of this, took a month break and now I have stopped again simply because raiding in this game is basically about throwing yourself at the boss until your brain automates most of the process and you can focus on the few things you need to in order to kill it. I am tired of that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You're saying that it sounds unreasonable to have just 1 of your 25 players be able to understand english?

There are a few threads which give a bit of information about hc Lei Shen, but the rest you'll have to find out from trying it and watching videos. Videos where you do not even have to understand what they are saying, in order to gain the information you want!
    You are wrong if you think if the raid leader can read professional guides in English then the raid group will be ok. It's important for every raider to know the mechanics of the fight because the RL is not likely to be able to cover all the details. Once in a while the RL makes mistakes too. The RL does not play 10 classes, and got only limited knowledge of the classes he does not play, so the raiders must learn the advanced techniques by themselves, which they have no access to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    You are wrong if you think if the raid leader can read professional guides in English then the raid group will be ok. It's important for every raider to know the mechanics of the fight because the RL is not likely to be able to cover all the details. Once in a while the RL makes mistakes too. The RL does not play 10 classes, and got only limited knowledge of the classes he does not play, so the raiders must learn the advanced techniques by themselves, which they have no access to.
    You completely missed my post. There exist no guides for hc Lei Shen yet. Few difficult mechanics are covered in the threads which have popped up (you need exactly one person to read that). Class specific stuff you need to gather by watching videos (where language doesn't matter).

Half the raid not being able to really understand english is more of a minor annoyance as of right now. It is not the reason that only two guilds have killed him, as the information isn't available yet anyways.
    I do bet it that a low average understanding of english will make it harder for the less hardcore guilds (those who will clear it much later) once guides and information is out though.