Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question about Raiding with Leashes II: Attunement Edition

For everybody on the PTR have they made any changes to Chess Event ? I always fumble it up and my king dies because Medivh cheats like a cheating bastard he is. Thaaaaaanks !!!!
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    another question (if you don't mind posting in your thread) which is about the same topic:

can you solo lady vashji? I tried it at 85 and died because those tainted elementals respawned too quickly before I could get to them and was always feared and didn't even know where the elementals spawned. I ran around in circles watching the stairs and water but those elementels were horrible.

I think you can solo Vashj. There are some classes that have no problem with her like DK's and Pala's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIP11n5goLQ
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    another question (if you don't mind posting in your thread) which is about the same topic:

can you solo lady vashji? I tried it at 85 and died because those tainted elementals respawned too quickly before I could get to them and was always feared and didn't even know where the elementals spawned. I ran around in circles watching the stairs and water but those elementels were horrible.
    At 90 Vashj is a non-issue for engineers, warriors or anyone with a decent ranged attack. A previous patch already moved the root while holding core effect and the 5.3 changes will increase the cast time and cooldown on the striders' fear ability.

I didnt notice any changes to Chess event, but I only did it once on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    I didnt notice any changes to Chess event, but I only did it once on the PTR.
    Only changes I can see being made are either a decrease in debuff duration for trying to switch chess pieces and being able to move your pieces faster.

Chess isn't bad

Get into king to start, hero.
    Then start moving the pawn in front of King forward.
    Get into towers so they can poke warchief
    Get into queen and control.

Every so often get into King and move him around, hero, etc. Just make sure that he has a vertical and horizontal escape route to avoid fire.

Deleted

Check the patch notes, they have altered the fight a bit to make it easier to solo.

I soloed Vashj at 90 on my warlock and it was close, but definitely doable. Running to get the tainted cores is the biggest problem.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to hear about the changes to Vashj. When I saw the news for this achievement I was confused because I missed where they announced adding pets to all these bosses. Common sense tells me they added pets to all these bosses. Confirm with link to pets if possible?

There's such a wall of news these days I frequently miss juicy bits like this.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's good to hear about the changes to Vashj. When I saw the news for this achievement I was confused because I missed where they announced adding pets to all these bosses. Common sense tells me they added pets to all these bosses. Confirm with link to pets if possible?

There's such a wall of news these days I frequently miss juicy bits like this.
    Not all of the bosses have them. Theres 3 from each of the 25 mans, and 4 from Kara. First 3 in TK drop pets, and SSC has the water elemental, giant, and Lady Vasjh dropping some. Kara has drops from last boss, Curator, optional demon guy boss, and from Big Bad Wolf fight (probably not from the other 2, so Big Bad will be sellable for a good while)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Not all of the bosses have them. Theres 3 from each of the 25 mans, and 4 from Kara. First 3 in TK drop pets, and SSC has the water elemental, giant, and Lady Vasjh dropping some. Kara has drops from last boss, Curator, optional demon guy boss, and from Big Bad Wolf fight (probably not from the other 2, so Big Bad will be sellable for a good while)
    I knew it wouldn't be all the bosses, just figured it would be similar to how it worked before. I like doing this...kinda turns old world raids into a mini game and is a perk for people who liked soloing them anyways. Thanks for the clarification. That's more pets than I expected so that's pretty cool.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Only changes I can see being made are either a decrease in debuff duration for trying to switch chess pieces and being able to move your pieces faster.
    And/or make this event optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    And/or make this event optional.
    they literally said it in bold on their guide, good luck with chess event, so i'm fairly sure they are perfectly fine with people struggling with it.

Lil' Bad Wolf is going to be the most annoying of the new pets to get

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Lil' Bad Wolf is going to be the most annoying of the new pets to get
    Why is that? I thought it was changed where big bad wolf was the event every week at least it's been that for the past few weeks for me when I solo it for rep

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    Why is that? I thought it was changed where big bad wolf was the event every week at least it's been that for the past few weeks for me when I solo it for rep
    RNG is RNG for which event gets picked. Back in Cata I got Romeo and Juliet 2 months straight. Don't see why there isn't an option by now to pick which event you want from the NPC you have to talk to for starting the event.

I really hope I'll be able to solo Chess. Otherwise I'm going to have to joink a friend with me who was also going to try to solo the place for a chance for more pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailee View Post
    I really hope I'll be able to solo Chess. Otherwise I'm going to have to joink a friend with me who was also going to try to solo the place for a chance for more pets
    Chess has been soloable for years. You have to have patience and actual strategy. There's been plenty of times I've needed 4-5 attempts b/c Med's cheating is nuts and others I have one shot and move on. Completely feasible and nothing to really worry about.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    From the front page, 5.3 hotfixes

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Chess Event: Increased the delay between moves for enemy chess pieces