I'd like to add to all of this i've been reading for the past couple of pages is that im almost certain Xbox One will be the console that gets hacked first. All of this DRM and cloud bullshit they've revealed certainly just made the real crackers more tempted at breaking the new xbox. Which means their combat against piracy was spent on nothing but the real consumers expense. I'm sorry but that's the gripe i have with these big gaming companies. MS is basically pulling a Ubisoft/EA and they will hurt for this.

I myself have owned all of the consoles so im not much of a fanboy of any but it seems for the people that are at least a bit tech-savvy will be smart and get PS4. Once Xbone is opened up people like me will buy that too and pirate most if not all of the exclusive games from there. (Funny I did the opposite with ps3/360)

On another note... Am I the only one that thinks the cloud talk they keep trying to hint about is just complete bull? It feels like they're trying to troll the average consumers into thinking the new gen consoles are new gen when infact they're pretty much an average PC by today standards. Idk but I think the "computing in the cloud to leave the console working on more pressing stuff" is just a mumbo-jumbo crap

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You dont like it? Cool move on.
    Oh the irony.

If you don't like whats being discussed in this thread, why don't you move on?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Lol xbox game prices revealed and here was I thinking surely they would be cheaper than usual to compensate the limitations - NOPE!
    So now can people finally stop saying that the xbox will sell the games cheaper **cough** paralellU **cough**

They better come out with amazing games cause the DRM and online bullshit isn't going to go over well.+

On another note... Am I the only one that thinks the cloud talk they keep trying to hint about is just complete bull? It feels like they're trying to troll the average consumers into thinking the new gen consoles are new gen when infact they're pretty much an average PC by today standards. Idk but I think the "computing in the cloud to leave the console working on more pressing stuff" is just a mumbo-jumbo crap

I don't think you understand what the average pc is today. Most of the pc's are running now on win 7 but I guess 15-20% is still using xp. Pc's with 4gb ram and most likely a crappy gpu. If you talk about the average gamers pc well you would expect higher specs ofc.

All the cloud shit is pretty impressive for just a console. If they have lied about all the cloud shit don't you think that would be pretty fucking stupid. When people find out the truth about it then MS will be fucked.

edit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_s...rating_systems
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-06-17 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    So now can people finally stop saying that the xbox will sell the games cheaper **cough** paralellU **cough**
    Here's what paralleluniverse said:
    AAA games are $60 at release on Xbox One according to Amazon. They're even $60 on Steam. Because people who buy games at release are fans that are willing to pay a higher price. But like Steam, I expect that prices would drop faster on Xbox One after release and that games which aren't AAA will be cheaper.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post21447150

Great. So titles I don't want maybe end up being cheaper. I still rather just be able to lent a game from a friend without having to pay full price.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    prices of games always lower as the games is getting older and older. Several 2012 games now are cheaper than the original $60 price point. This happen independently of the DRM. If you are saying that, because of DRM, it may happen faster, i would ask you why?

the reason why a game is getting cheaper is because it doesn't sell anymore at full price (because of newer games often). So reducing price allow more copies to be sold and so, additional revenue. However, if you take the habit of lowering price too fast, costumer will learn and abstain bying full price (except the enthusiast, who want the game day 1).

Fact of the matter, we do not have a good model to compare. Steam is not a good comparison, because steam does not have the exclusivity of games digital distribution on PC. There are dozen of sites selling steam key (beware not to confuse steamworks as DRM and steam as digital distribution plateform, you can buy game key, otherwise known as steamkey, outside of steam), concurence favored low prices, and somehow, piracy keeps price in check as well.

Microsoft is fairly unique, we do not know what king of pricing policy they will adopt for xbox one.

God of War Ascension and Bioshock Infinite are now $40 brand new after only 3 months. I don't expect DRM to make a game drop in price any faster than that. In fact Steam still has it for $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    God of War Ascension and Bioshock Infinite are now $40 brand new after only 3 months. I don't expect DRM to make a game drop in price any faster than that. In fact Steam still has it for $60.
    I can only find the PS3 version of Bioshock Infinite for €35. The Xbox360 version is still €52.

Xbox One sucks. Yeah, I know I know. But it does. No matter what argument you have, the reality is it does and you're a sucker for wanting it. teehee

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I can only find the PS3 version of Bioshock Infinite for €35. The Xbox360 version is still €52.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.de/games/dp/B0071L2NOC

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    bioshock infinite is £22.40 that is $35 right now on GMG (steam key). That goes with what i was saying, several digital ditributer = competition = lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    bioshock infinite is £22.40 that is $35 right now on GMG (steam key). That goes with what i was saying, several digital ditributer = competition = lower price.
    But the disc price is about the same so there goes that argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Here's what paralleluniverse said:
    Here's what paralleluniverse got wrong:

AAA games don't actually drop that fast on steam. It took MONTHS before stuff like Skyrim drops in price, and by that time, the price on physical copies also dropped. So paralleluniverse quoting himself in the third person can look at all the post that followed his original statement and see how everyone thinks you're wrong. Because you are. There is NO reason Xbox One games will drop in price faster. None. And non AAA games won't be cheaper, because there won't be a whole lot of those. At least in the indie scene there won't be a whole lot.

So stop quoting yourself snobbishly, it doesn't make your past statements any more right.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Here's what paralleluniverse got wrong:

AAA games don't actually drop that fast on steam. It took MONTHS before stuff like Skyrim drops in price, and by that time, the price on physical copies also dropped. So paralleluniverse quoting himself in the third person can look at all the post that followed his original statement and see how everyone thinks you're wrong. Because you are. There is NO reason Xbox One games will drop in price faster. None. And non AAA games won't be cheaper, because there won't be a whole lot of those. At least in the indie scene there won't be a whole lot.

So stop quoting yourself snobbishly, it doesn't make your past statements any more right.
    it really depends on the game. Skyrim didn't drop in price quickly, that is true. The same goes for call of duty franchise, they hardly ever go on sale, and it's like 33% of most of the time. but hey, in 1 month, we will have the summer steam sales, check it out. i usually buy game during summer and winter steam sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    29.40€ is 24.60£.
    Thanks for sharing?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But the disc price is about the same so there goes that argument.
    wait to see the summer steam sales in a month. I can almost garanty you'll see bioshock infinte at least 66% off, probably 75%, somewhere around 12€ and 17€

let me rephrase my main message. It's not that steam or other PC plateform are much cheaper than physical console copy, as you see, it's comparable. The main point is that steam, GMG, GOG... they have huge discount on weekly basis and a huge sale event at least twice a year. That is where you get cheap (and legally) games, even origin have sales for christmas.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-06-17 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks for sharing?
    I was under the impression that you wanted to show that Xbox360 games were cheaper than for the PS3.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance