Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    What tards. Anyone who signs that deserves nothing.
    Actually the system in my opinion was perfectly fine, and welcomed the changes since none of them affected me in a bad way but only positive.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    What tards. Anyone who signs that deserves nothing.
    Ahh yes, anyone who has a different opinion is a Tard? I want that 'family share' plan. I want to be able to pre-DL my games digitally and have them activate at 12:01 release day. But then, I understand the people who don't have good internet or loldatacaps who can't do that, instead of calling them Tards. Maybe you should try it sometime?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Ahh yes, anyone who has a different opinion is a Tard? I want that 'family share' plan. I want to be able to pre-DL my games digitally and have them activate at 12:01 release day. But then, I understand the people who don't have good internet or loldatacaps who can't do that, instead of calling them Tards. Maybe you should try it sometime?
    Honestly, there's no reason to remove these features. I'm still super confused as to why Microsoft removed them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Honestly, there's no reason to remove these features. I'm still super confused as to why Microsoft removed them at all.
    As far as I can tell, Without the 24/hr check in and inability to resell games more than once, then they couldn't sell the 'family share' plan to the publishers. Not necessarily the 24 check in, but the game resale restrictions are probably the main thing. I'm not sure how/why they need the check-ins if the games have independent codes (that the Kinect can scan, apparently), as in the days of CD keys of olde, but I've not been involved in any kind of negotiations between MS and the publishers/devs, so I have no idea.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is a simple answer to your question. Microsoft got pissed the game was not being played there way and they took there ball and went "Xbox" Home.

Everything they said before the Pre-Download/Family Sharing and anything else can still be done with the digital games. But because Microsoft at the same time try'ed to force DRM on everyone people got pissed then Microsoft got pissed changed the DRM but took everything else away like a pissed off 10 year old.

It is a fact that all of it could have been done and like I said before why can we not have the best of both worlds. One thing Microsoft could do to push people to go digital is sell the games on there cheaper then retail and not by like 5$-10$ make it $39.99 and not the original $59.99 but I highly doubt that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can tell, Without the 24/hr check in and inability to resell games more than once, then they couldn't sell the 'family share' plan to the publishers. Not necessarily the 24 check in, but the game resale restrictions are probably the main thing. I'm not sure how/why they need the check-ins if the games have independent codes (that the Kinect can scan, apparently), as in the days of CD keys of olde, but I've not been involved in any kind of negotiations between MS and the publishers/devs, so I have no idea.
    But that is all bs what they could have done is make it so family sharing on works on digital games and still do everything they wanted they just couldn't with hard copy's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is a simple answer to your question. Microsoft got pissed the game was not being played there way and they took there ball and went "Xbox" Home.

Everything they said before the Pre-Download/Family Sharing and anything else can still be done with the digital games. But because Microsoft at the same time try'ed to force DRM on everyone people got pissed then Microsoft got pissed changed the DRM but took everything else away like a pissed off 10 year old.

It is a fact that all of it could have been done and like I said before why can we not have the best of both worlds. One thing Microsoft could do to push people to go digital is sell the games on there cheaper then retail and not by like 5$-10$ make it $39.99 and not the original $59.99 but I highly doubt that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

But that is all bs what they could have done is make it so family sharing on works on digital games and still do everything they wanted they just couldn't with hard copy's.
    You don't understand setting up networks, rights, and dealing with variables. Infrastructure-wise, you want to have as few variables as possible, or else you are diluting your services supporting things that don't need to be supported.

I do agree with the price thing though. Make the digital games 49.99, and keep the pre-DL and activation, but the family share plan is a huge change to their network and huge infrastructure investment that they most likely cant justify without a lack of used game sales.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    http://www.change.org/petitions/xbox...ginal-xbox-one

Not sure if this was posted yet, but mind is just blown right now.
    Reminds me of when there was a petition to "save" Resident Evil 2 from good voice acting - wanting to keep bad voice acting in it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Reminds me of when there was a petition to "save" Resident Evil 2 from good voice acting - wanting to keep bad voice acting in it. :P
    There is literally no change you can make that doesn't piss off a group of people in the interwebz.

Xkcd is always related:
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    In all honesty some of my favourite lines in gaming history come from RE, blood, I hope this isn't Chris's blood, and the terrible movements during speech we're hilarious.

Anyways as to the family feature and sharing, it was still rather hopeful that would be sharing a full game with 10 people, rumours persist that it would be demo style play, guess we'll not know until the next gneration.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    In all honesty some of my favourite lines in gaming history come from RE, blood, I hope this isn't Chris's blood, and the terrible movements during speech we're hilarious.

Anyways as to the family feature and sharing, it was still rather hopeful that would be sharing a full game with 10 people, rumours persist that it would be demo style play, guess we'll not know until the next gneration.
    Well you can listen to what 'rumors' say or you can listen to what MS says. I mean if you don't want to believe what MS says that is fine, but it is random interwebz rumors vs the company who was doing it.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can listen to what 'rumors' say or you can listen to what MS says. I mean if you don't want to believe what MS says that is fine, but it is random interwebz rumors vs the company who was doing it.
    I don't remember microsoft saying anything specific except you can share 10 games, the length of time avaialable was not communicated, iirc, I could be wrong and in that case I would of course believe microsoft...well...maybe.

http://www.change.org/petitions/micr...omised-at-e3-2

People are really that pathetic to sign this petitions just because they don't like the xbox one lol. MS would be crazy to change everything again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I signed it, if only because it's been pure entertainment the last few months and I'm not getting either console (straight away) anyway so might as well have some fun.

I don't remember microsoft saying anything specific except you can share 10 games, the length of time avaialable was not communicated, iirc, I could be wrong and in that case I would of course believe microsoft...well...maybe.
    Its all been gone over multiple times by multiple execs at MS. It wasn't just a demo and there was no time limit on the sharing. Now, is that true? I dunno but I'd trust the horses mouth than random internet rumors.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ly-share-demos
    Update: Microsoft has confirmed that family sharing was not limited to timed demos. Corporate VP Marc Whitten called the idea "silly" on Twitter.

@EvilFiek No, that would be silly. Don't believe everything you read online!

— Marc Whitten (@notwen) June 21, 2013

Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg supported this, saying straight-up that "there was no time limit."

@lx_KillFace_xl There was no time limit, it was as we described. Team still investing in more digital features over time.

— Aaron Greenberg (@aarongreenberg) June 21, 2013
    Last edited by obdigore; 2013-07-11 at 06:14 AM.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I shall rescind my previous comments, I will, for now, go with the big chiefs at microsoft who have everything to lose by saying anything but what they have, but I will do so with some trepidation :P

Okay, I shall rescind my previous comments, I will, for now, go with the big chiefs at microsoft who have everything to lose by saying anything but what they have, but I will do so with some trepidation :P
    Hahaha. I'm just saying you can not believe MS if you want, and after their terrible fucking PR these past couple months, it is a viable option, but MS has been clear on that subject compared to, well, everything else.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I signed it, if only because it's been pure entertainment the last few months and I'm not getting either console (straight away) anyway so might as well have some fun.
    At least you didn't say something like this:

ill sign to help ps4 so we have no stupid people on the same console as me.
    makes people even look dumber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    At least you didn't say something like this:

makes people even look dumber.
    Fanboys will be fanboys :P thats the most liked comment too, so lots of them around.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its all been gone over multiple times by multiple execs at MS. It wasn't just a demo and there was no time limit on the sharing. Now, is that true? I dunno but I'd trust the horses mouth than random internet rumors.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ly-share-demos
    See, this isn't helping. That's a hell of an unprofessional response. A simple "No, it's not limited to demos." would do. With their string of gems like, "deal with it", "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." and "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards.". I really don't know what their PR department is doing.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-07-11 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    See, this isn't helping. That's a hell of an unprofessional response. A simple "No, it's not limited to demos." would do. With their string of gems like, "deal with it", "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." and "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards.". I really don't know what their PR department is doing.
    This was their response on their personal Twitters, so I wouldn't expect some PR sanitized nonsense. They gave their own personal responses while still being professional/respectful. This has absolutely nothing to do with their PR department or communications team in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong, I think this whole thing has been one of the biggest gaming related communications fuckups in quite some time, but as someone who works in communications, their responses are far from problematic and lead to no real communications issues. They're blunt, to the point, and not disrespectful (looking at you Adam Orth).

Honestly, I can't see anything to really consider "unprofessional" in them.