Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Extra money is a good thing, no doubt. Do you disagree SE/CD could have better placed money for the game with their crowd?
    That point is entirely irrelevant because Sony wasn't the one that approached SE. MS was. And as such, SE went with MS.

You're talking hypotheticals in a situation where they never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Seriously dude. You are having issues grasping even the simplest of concepts.

From a business standpoint, if another company comes in and says "Hey, we'll help foot the bill of this project, provided you give us first dibs on it". You would be STUPID to turn down a deal like that. You have to spend LESS money yourself while also possibly getting money from the other company at the same time. And if you can still launch the game on other platforms at a later date to make even more money, then that's icing on the cake. Not to mention the other company is going to help foot the marketing and publishing bill as well.

I suggest you go take a business 101 class before attempting to respond to me again with more "lolololololol" and "i'm rubber, you're glue" nonsense. You're acting like a child and giving me nothing but "because I said so"-type responses.
    Yea, cause you know Activision and Rockstar must be stupid because if you think MS hasn't offered them similar deals in the past you're delusional.

The last time MS did this the publisher ended up regretting it: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...-says-insider/

I suggest you take a look at the industry before responding to me again. Apparently your business 101 class failed you pretty hard.

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-08-17 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That point is entirely irrelevant because Sony wasn't the one that approached SE. MS was. And as such, SE went with MS.

You're talking hypotheticals in a situation where they never came to be.
    You have info saying SE/CD never approached Sony? Hypotheticals brah.

This thread has wildly gone OT.

I still find no reason as far as exclusives to go MS over Sony atm.

You have info saying SE/CD never approached Sony? Hypotheticals brah.

This thread has wildly gone OT.

I still find no reason as far as exclusives to go MS over Sony atm.
    Doesn't really matter does it considering SE went with MS. And if the situation had played out like you are imagining it could have, then they obviously would have went with Sony because they DO have the larger playerbase. Why would they have turned down more sales on the PS4 compared to the MS? Oh that's right money/help. If you think SE isn't coming out of this situation smelling pretty then you have lost it.

But they went with MS. Which, if you want to play hypotheticals, makes mine more believable than yours.

Are we done? Cuz I believe we're done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea, cause you know Activision and Rockstar must be stupid because if you think MS hasn't offered them similar deals in the past you're delusional.

The last time MS did this the publisher ended up regretting it: http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...-says-insider/

I suggest you take a look at the industry before responding to me again. Apparently your business 101 class failed you pretty hard.
    Doesn't matter if the deal nets fewer sales for SE/CD. They obviously are getting enough help/money from MS to more than make up for that. Do you honestly think they would have taken a deal like this without some sort of help/money upfront considering Xbox has a smaller userbase than the PS does right now?

The only person who doesn't understand business here is you my friend. I think we're done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter does it considering SE went with MS. And if the situation had played out like you are imagining it could have, then they obviously would have went with Sony because they DO have the larger playerbase. Why would they have turned down more sales on the PS4 compared to the MS? Oh that's right money/help. If you think SE isn't coming out of this situation smelling pretty then you have lost it.

But they went with MS. Which, if you want to play hypotheticals, makes mine more believable than yours.

Are we done? Cuz I believe we're done.
    It does matter if you're going to assume X vs Y. Where did I ever insinuate SE is not going to be good as of this deal?

It does matter if you're going to assume X vs Y. Where did I ever insinuate SE is not going to be good as of this deal?
    You were implying that Sony approached them and they turned Sony down, only to turn around and accept a deal from MS. If that had actually happened, then yes, they would be stupid to have done that (because the PS does have a larger playerbase which equates to more possible sales of the game). But the stupidity of SE in a situation like that is highly unlikely. Making what you said much more unlikely as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were implying that Sony approached them and they turned Sony down, only to turn around and accept a deal from MS. If that had actually happened, then yes, they would be stupid to have done that (because the PS does have a larger playerbase which equates to more possible sales of the game). But the stupidity of SE in a situation like that is highly unlikely. Making what you said much more unlikely as well.
    Assumptions are like assholes.

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-08-17 at 06:52 AM.

Assumptions are like assholes.
    Yep. Everyone has them. It's just that in this case, yours stinks more than mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Everyone has them. It's just that in this case, yours stinks more than mine.
    Right. Good one.

Right. Good one.
    Farewell. /10 chars

Well. I finally bought my Xbox One, to get myself prepared for Destiny. I got home all excited, only to find out that the console has no option to turn off controller vibration. What the hell? Why would they remove such a basic option? I absolutely despise playing with vibration, and it was damn near enough to make me go Playstation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well. I finally bought my Xbox One, to get myself prepared for Destiny. I got home all excited, only to find out that the console has no option to turn off controller vibration. What the hell? Why would they remove such a basic option? I absolutely despise playing with vibration, and it was damn near enough to make me go Playstation.
    I don't have an xbox but on my PS4 the controler vibration can be turned off in the individual game settings check there I'd imagine it would be similar.

As Azuri said, I've seen it in all game options. I didn't even know the 360 allowed you to just completely turn it off.

That said, why don't you like controller vibration?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/29/xb...edia-playback/

Fucking awsome, Im loving to be able to play my entire avi library on my xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Each game has the setting to turn it off in the game option menu. I know this because I HAD to turn it off when I started playing games again sometime after surgery and the vibration of the controller could have undone internal sutures. Hell I don't even think I should have been playing my consoles when I started to.

controllers are horrible. every single one i have gotten has broken

Quote Originally Posted by Audicible View Post
    Wow. Either you have the worst luck in the world or you are EXTREMELY hard on your controllers (although I'm gonna guess it probably has more to do with the latter).

I own three now and all still work perfectly. Haven't had an issue yet. Pretty much the best controllers I've ever used for a console, period.

I doubt that very much, iv yet to have a single first party xbox controller break going back to the old duke controllers for the original xbox. Yes iv worn out the analog sticks after using them for about a year and a button has goten stick but all those are from overuse, so i doubt they are magically breaking on thier own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I doubt that very much, iv yet to have a single first party xbox controller break going back to the old duke controllers for the original xbox. Yes iv worn out the analog sticks after using them for about a year and a button has goten stick but all those are from overuse, so i doubt they are magically breaking on thier own.
    Yeah, the ONLY xbox controllers I've ever had break or just not work correctly were third party controllers. Those do tend to break/malfunction more often. Every official Microsoft controller I've ever had since the original Xbox, however, has never broken on me. The rubber on the analog sticks has gotten worn down over time, but they never actually stopped working.

The first party MS controllers don't break easy so stop slamming them on the ground when you lose in a game.

Hell when I was an angry teen I couldn't even break the hulk controller without a hammer.

The only two things I would say is a downgrade from the xbox 360 controller is the bumper buttons. There's a certain spot that if you push down the button doesn't move(but almost no gamer would be pushing in this specific spot). Next is the Analog stick on the right side. It's pretty loose on xbox one controllers but the 360 controllers are pretty tight. If they would tighten the right analog stick to the 360 controller stick I would say it's probably the closest thing to perfection for a gaming controller. The DS4, while it's a substantial upgrade from playstations previous controllers is still not in the same ballpark as the xbox controllers. I would say personally as an overall 360 => xbox one > DS4 > DS3 > WiiMote