Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Buying a console for one or two games is dumb. It's why I didn't go with a Ps4, I got much more enjoyment out of my WiiU because of the sheer number of games that are just amazingly fun for me.

I would look into the games xbone has and see if anything interest you besides destiny and gears of war and do research on the games that interest you to see if they even did well (the order turned out to be horrible for ps4 players).
    Oh there's a ton more games I'm going to buy, but none of them are really must haves for me while Gears of War is. Like I can hold out on playing those games for the Gears system, well at first I thought I could. I thought an Xbox One version of Gears would've been out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Oh there's a ton more games I'm going to buy, but none of them are really must haves for me while Gears of War is. Like I can hold out on playing those games for the Gears system, well at first I thought I could. I thought an Xbox One version of Gears would've been out by now.
    first they have to announce the xbox one gears game dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I honestly can't think of anything good to say about the Xbone from the perspective of just gaming. The UI is slow and the entire thing is awkward to use. Functionally the 360 was superior. They change and update everything constantly because they know it isn't that great too so maybe they'll have it all fixed up in a few years. MCC is getting better but it is, to this day, the most buggy Halo release ever. If it weren't for the actual hardware the 360 would be better in every single way as a gaming platform.

That doesn't mean the xbone is bad or worthless or anything like that. It just isn't very special. Nothing groundbreaking and nothing perfected. Its pretty average as far as consoles go
    If you think the XO UI is bad, you must fucking hate the PS4 UI with a passion then. That is something that Xbox still does better than PS, UI. That and their online service and servers are still leagues ahead of PS4. Not trying to start a flame war here....just saying, if you're gonna come into the XO megathread and bash it, then at least give credit where credit is due.

Honestly, everything you said bad about the XO I haven't seen or experienced myself. Neither has my wife. And we should know...we each have our own XO that we play on. Pretty much the only thing you said that had any actual merit to it is the part about the MCC being buggy as hell at launch. Because it was.

And can't say anything good about the XO from the perspective of just gaming? Seriously? Have you even touched an Xbox One? Because it sounds like you haven't. You're an Xbox hater if I ever saw one. The PS4 and Wii U megathreads are over there. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2015-04-01 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If you think the XO UI is bad
    Outside of the console debate he is not wrong. The XO UI is shit compared to the 360 UI which is GOAT. Shouldn't try to fix what ain't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Outside of the console debate he is not wrong. The XO UI is shit compared to the 360 UI which is GOAT. Shouldn't try to fix what ain't broken.
    I didn't say anything in relation to the 360 now did I? The XO UI is still by far the best UI of the three current gen systems. The PS4 UI is a bunch of lines and lists of icons. I've seen textbooks that look more exciting and user friendly than what the PS4 UI does.

If you want proof of how bad the PS4 UI is, go to Twitch and watch streamers fumble their way through it, get lost in it, and constantly hit the wrong thing, even though they've been using it since LAUNCH!

I didn't say anything in relation to the 360 now did I? The XO UI is still by far the best UI of the three current gen systems. The PS4 UI is a bunch of lines and lists of icons. I've seen textbooks that look more exciting and user friendly than what the PS4 UI does.

If you want proof of how bad the PS4 UI is, go to Twitch and watch streamers fumble their way through it, get lost in it, and constantly hit the wrong thing, even though they've been using it since LAUNCH!
    It seems the only person comparing the UI to the PS4 is you, since this thread isn't for that. You quoted a guy saying the XO UI sucks compared to the 360 UI. You tried to discredit his point with a console debate, to which case I agreed with what he said which is the 360 UI >>>>>>>>>>> XO UI

Let's remember not once did he mention the PS4, YOU DID. He was straight up comparing it to the 360. So yes, you quoted a damn post comparing it to the 360 and I brought it back on topic for you. You're welcome.

I'm hoping that MS just stops with the tile UI. It bugs me with the XB1, Windows 8, and when I try to help my mother with her Windows Phone. I personally don't see much practical or aesthetic value in it.

It seems the only person comparing the UI to the PS4 is you, since this thread isn't for that. You quoted a guy saying the XO UI sucks compared to the 360 UI. You tried to discredit his point with a console debate, to which case I agreed with what he said which is the 360 UI >>>>>>>>>>> XO UI

Let's remember not once did he mention the PS4, YOU DID. He was straight up comparing it to the 360. So yes, you quoted a damn post comparing it to the 360 and I brought it back on topic for you. You're welcome.
    Eh, the 360 UI was ok. It was kind of limited IMO. Looked outdated too. It never really appealed to me even though I loved my 360.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm hoping that MS just stops with the tile UI. It bugs me with the XB1, Windows 8, and when I try to help my mother with her Windows Phone. I personally don't see much practical or aesthetic value in it.
    The tile UI is designed for touch screens and Kinect usage. Having the tiles actually makes those forms of control easier to use. Granted, the vast majority of people use a remote or controller for the Xbox, but I haven't found myself limited or slowed down in any way with my controller, even with the tile system.

Ever try to use the Kinect as a navigation device in the 360 UI? It was horrible. The tile system is kind of a middle ground between controller and Kinect functionality. And honestly, I've gotten so use to it now, even with my media remote and controller, that it doesn't bug me at all anymore or slow me down at all.

And can't say anything good about the XO from the perspective of just gaming? Seriously? Have you even touched an Xbox One? Because it sounds like you haven't. You're an Xbox hater if I ever saw one. The PS4 and Wii U megathreads are over there. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Sorry but what exactly would you say the xbone excels at? Am I supposed to hype the UI that is missing the functionality of the previous generation? The games that can't hold a solid frame rate? The exceptional hardware that isn't really exceptional? When I said I can't say anything good I meant that the xbone is just average and everything that it does was done better at some point by some other console. It didn't mean that its horrible and you can't enjoy anything about it. Its just the bare minimum that had to be delivered from a gaming perspective. Maybe its a great entertainment/streaming center for your living room as I wouldn't know about that aspect which is why I mentioned gaming in that post. The best part is I use my Xbox constantly, probably far more than most, to play with friends and family. Just like I've done for the last 20 or so years with other consoles including all of the iterations of the Xbox. I just don't feel the need to rain credit down upon MS for making zero innovation gaming wise and reducing functionality
    Last edited by Erolian; 2015-04-01 at 03:27 PM.

The tile UI is designed for touch screens and Kinect usage. Having the tiles actually makes those forms of control easier to use. Granted, the vast majority of people use a remote or controller for the Xbox, but I haven't found myself limited or slowed down in any way with my controller, even with the tile system.

Ever try to use the Kinect as a navigation device in the 360 UI? It was horrible. The tile system is kind of a middle ground between controller and Kinect functionality. And honestly, I've gotten so use to it now, even with my media remote and controller, that it doesn't bug me at all anymore or slow me down at all.
    Kinect usage is all I'll give it. Regardless the XB1 hand gestures are not that great either and I have it turned off (detects my foot too much when sitting on the couch). Androids and iOS make a better mobile interface IMO. Better visual contrast for what you want to do instead of having everything the same color that Windows Phone forces on users.

Everyone has their own taste. The tiles are simply distasteful to me.

Weird that a lot of people don't like tiles. The tile design of the newer Windows/MS stuff is actually making me abandon a lot of Mac OSX/iOS stuff which I used to think was a superior UX.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Weird that a lot of people don't like tiles. The tile design of the newer Windows/MS stuff is actually making me abandon a lot of Mac OSX/iOS stuff which I used to think was a superior UX.
    I have no problem with tiles on most devices. On a gaming console however, they are clunky as hell to navigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with tiles on most devices. On a gaming console however, they are clunky as hell to navigate.
    I actually like them. Don't have any issues and sure don't feel clunky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    It's to each their own, but a UI designed for touch screens being navigated with a controller is the epitome of clunky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Not that I like them, but I agree. I think they work just fine and I have no issues navigating through them.

I can understand people just not liking the design, but the people who say they actually have difficulty with it or mess up with them because of "clunkiness"....well, I'd hate to see how these people deal with day to day life then. That's all I'll say.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's to each their own, but a UI designed for touch screens being navigated with a controller is the epitome of clunky to me.
    Fair enough, but then again I like my windows phone (just not the lack of apps, but thats a completely different thread), and 8.1 lol.

As someone whos been on live since its inception things defently take more time now. Before you could press one button open friends list and invite to partys with another, now each of those steps takes between 3-4 button press's plus loading time.

Finally purchased a next-gen. Got the Xbox One.

Felt like Dell.com had a solid deal I could get on board with:

Xbox One Master Chief Bundle + Wireless Xbox Controller + Controller Charging Dock = $350. Basically the Halo games, the extra controller and charging dock are free. If anyone else was holding out I'd check it out it's only this weekend. You add the bundle to your cart and it adds the others for a penny each (basically free).

I was going to see if there was a Witcher 3 bundle/special edition console, but ehh, I think I waited long enough. Gears of War was the bundle I really wanted but it's really nowhere in sight.