Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

are you related to anyone famous?

I am not. thought id see if anyone here is! just thought of this question because i just happened to remmeber an ex said she was related to Lawrence Welk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I am not. thought id see if anyone here is! just thought of this question because i just happened to remmeber an ex said she was related to Lawrence Welk.
    I'm not, but my great-grandmother WAS a bookie. When we visited her (back when I was 5 or 6), she had a row of telephones in the garage we were never allowed to touch. She said she was "watching them for the neighbors". When she passed away, the family found all of her documents from her business - she was very organized!

My grandfather also convinced a woman 28 years younger than he was that he owned the California State Fair, and got her to marry him...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm distantly related to the late Mike Mosley the race car driver.

a cousin of mine is a former miss michigan if that counts

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother had a 2nd cousin who was in the All Blacks Rugby Team, not famous as in world wide but famous in New Zealand and the rugby world.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

My cousin works in the music industry... you've probably seen him in a few music videos, he's a promoter and works with quite a few big names, he was also on project runway something.

There's a few popular singers in my family as well, which anyone who listen to reggae music would definitely know.

There's a few others...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Isaac Newton's brother is an ancestor of mine.

Not that i'm aware of.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by gpherder View Post
    I'm not, but my great-grandmother WAS a bookie. When we visited her (back when I was 5 or 6), she had a row of telephones in the garage we were never allowed to touch. She said she was "watching them for the neighbors". When she passed away, the family found all of her documents from her business - she was very organized!

My grandfather also convinced a woman 28 years younger than he was that he owned the California State Fair, and got her to marry him...
    ...how does that even come close to on topic? OP said someone famous, so you said "my grandmom use to be a bookie"....what? i dont even

10+ Year Old Account
    My second removed uncle had a whale land on his car.

No, seriously. Look it up. It's hilarious.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I'm related to heroes. My loving parents who've raised me, teached me manners and to respect every person as it's own.

Not related to anyone actual famous, sorry (atleast not that I know off)

Quote Originally Posted by Viled View Post
    ...how does that even come close to on topic? OP said someone famous, so you said "my grandmom use to be a bookie"....what? i dont even
    As in, I'm not related to anyone famous, but definitely related to some rather interesting people.

Quote Originally Posted by gpherder View Post
    As in, I'm not related to anyone famous, but definitely related to some rather interesting people.
    interesting =/= famous...

Lleyton Hewitt (Tennis player)
    Alexander Downer (politician)

I have a huge family tree and both their families branch off a good 6 or so generations ago, they probably dont know I exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but Peter Frampton is my friend's step uncle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my brother's uncle (we have different fathers) is Coco Crisp the baseball player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Crisp

On my Dad's side, I'm related to Sir Francis Scott Drake (English seadog who took down the Spanish Armada in 1588). My mother's side....the Cyrus's (Billy Ray and Miley) bleh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, not that I or anyone else that is related to someone well known would want to name names, it is nice being one of the many online. My dad is a musician, enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anyone that I am aware of in recent history.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8