Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just curious since people brought up _NPCscan; can it even be cached by _NPCscan since it's a battle pet? Was talking to the guild battle pet enthusiast about this and he said that battle pets can't be tracked by _NPCscan. Just seems odd considering it works on things like the Golden Egg during Ji-Kun.

Deleted
    Great mechanic to be fair.
    Breaks the way that people Endlessly camp spawn points / movement path's of rares.

Give it time. Check periodically rather than spending hours at a time flying around in frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should seek help if you're blaming Blizzard for your addiction. I'm 100% serious.

I GOT IT! WOOT!

still stand by what i said though, the way this thing spawns sucks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Just curious since people brought up _NPCscan; can it even be cached by _NPCscan since it's a battle pet? Was talking to the guild battle pet enthusiast about this and he said that battle pets can't be tracked by _NPCscan. Just seems odd considering it works on things like the Golden Egg during Ji-Kun.
    I did some googling on this.

it "can" be done, but is finicky at best. (the models get cached as soon as you open the pet journal/any pet interface.)

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I GOT IT! WOOT!

Grats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I GOT IT! WOOT!

Did you camp for it or fly around?

I don't think this mechanic is all that bad. Considering the Minfernal spawns in a very small area randomly, and is camped by so many. I'm just happy that one is over with lol. Not to mention this is only day 2 of the patch, people shouldn't give up hope just yet. I've had my moments of 'Arrrrgh where are you?!?!?!" lol but I'm still trying.

At least it isn't a weather mechanic. The baby ape drove me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Did you camp for it or fly around?

I don't think this mechanic is all that bad. Considering the Minfernal spawns in a very small area randomly, and is camped by so many. I'm just happy that one is over with lol. Not to mention this is only day 2 of the patch, people shouldn't give up hope just yet. I've had my moments of 'Arrrrgh where are you?!?!?!" lol but I'm still trying.

At least it isn't a weather mechanic. The baby ape drove me crazy.
    flew around for it, with so many spawn points camping one would be kind of silly.

its a really cool pet if you kill a critter out in the world (not in pet battles but an actual critter mob) and stand next to it eventually she will bring it back to life.

unfortunately it doesnt fly with you they really need to fix that i hate when pets dont fly with you
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    flew around for it, with so many spawn points camping one would be kind of silly.

its a really cool pet if you kill a critter out in the world (not in pet battles but an actual critter mob) and stand next to it eventually she will bring it back to life.

unfortunately it doesnt fly with you they really need to fix that i hate when pets dont fly with you
    Ty, I've left a few alts to camp but my main has been flying as I'm incredibly impatient camping isn't my thing lol. I read about the idle animation, sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it for myself I hope they do change it so it can fly after you, that would be too amazing.

Just because something is hard doesn't make it a great mechanic. I agree with the OP. Flying around in circles to find something that someone else (or many others) may be farming is not fun at all. I have no idea what the design team is thinking for half the stuff they "design" anymore. It's like they aren't even trying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is great, and I'm glad that you got the pet. Perhaps I'll take a stroll out there in a month or two after the hype dies down a little. But next time, have some patience, sure you may have every other battle pet out there, however posting a wall of text ranting about how horrible it is - only 2 days after a patch is a little premature.

Got one after about half an hour of flying around. Doesn't seem that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Got one after about half an hour of flying around. Doesn't seem that bad.
    luck is luck. I've spent hours flying around and not seen a single one. But I'll just wait till things have calmed down a bit and try my luck then.

But I'm not too bothered as I managed to farm 3 Direhorn runts and got my white raptor mount today! So yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been flying around for several hours today and yesterday- no signs of one yet; however, I really want one, so I'm willing to work hard to get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a new pet comes out, supposed to be rare and you didn't get it in the first day?

Can I get a "working as intended"?

Seems like the best rare spawning mechanic ever. Just think actual hunting will be involved and not a trial of who can stay awake the longest, and which of the 10 dudes hovering the spot can pounce the fastest, which can also come down to who has the best connection.

Deleted
    I'm playing with three accounts at the moment, logged in via three clients.
    Two chars are camping confirmed spawn points, one is flying around.

I'm doing this for about 20 hours straight now, but haven't seen a single Val'Kyr so far. :|

Deleted
    The more rare it is the more proud you will be to get it.

Give it some time and you'll probably get it. It's rare, but as time goes on, less people go for it. It also helps if you have characters on other servers. You never know, you might get lucky with a few parked in some areas! Remember, it is account wide.

You can also look at it as, if you want it bad enough, you'll get rewarded. Try to relax, you'll get one soon enough

I looked it up on WoWhead/WoW forums and tamed one about two hours later just North of Star's Rest, Dragonblight. Their spawn points are scattered around Northrend but they spawn in the same spots.