I think its time.... PvP-only Gear sets

With Blizzard changing so much with PvP gear and how it works this expansion, I think it is finally time to just outright make PvP gear seperate from PvE entirely. All instanced PvP would swap you to your "PvP set", which would start out to be equivalent to the current crafted PvP gear, and than upgraded through Honor/CP as normal. Now we can balance the classes with just this PvP set in mind. Heck, it even gives a nice dial to turn if a class is being to dominant. Hunters doing to much damage? Lower the PvP Power on their armor. Similar to the way they could reduce base Mastery like they did to Frost Mages, but only affects PvP.

The biggest issue I have always had with this myself was world PvP. But in all honesty, wouldn't it actually make world PvP MORE fair? Currently if you don't have PvP gear you simply just don't stand a chance in World PvP. If everyone was in PvE gear (which if you are out in the world, you will have a PvE set anyways since you are fighting NPCs) you wouldn't have those situations. No more worrying about PvP Power and healing out in the world. Keep the 65% base resilience however, even out in the world.

The one issue I have is that it would destroy any semblance of cross-activity benefits. Amazing raid gear would give you absolutely no advantage when you are starting to PvP, and vice-versa. There could be a way to take care of that though.

I do think its finally time for such a thing though. PvP gear and the systems behind it have been a roller coaster for some time now, and this would finally normalize it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    imo, reading between the lines of all the info blizz devs giving out....
    it would be a step backwards. it clearly shows that they try to replenish the active pvp community.
    All in all the recent changes achieve:
    No short cut into raids with pvp gear. Better survivability with pve gear.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    imo, reading between the lines of all the info blizz devs giving out....
    it would be a step backwards. it clearly shows that they try to replenish the active pvp community.
    All in all the recent changes achieve:
    No short cut into raids with pvp gear. Better survivability with pve gear.
    Yeah that's still the ONE issue I have with outright splitting the gear up. But it could help replenish the community a bit more by giving everyone a decent starting point (default PvP set) and 2, making a more balanced gameplay experience by being able to have easy knobs to turn via class specific PvP sets. And than maybe cutting back on the mass of CC in the game might help too

Rather than making it easier for raiders to enter PvP, perhaps PvP itself needs to be more enticing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

maybe the idea is nice. but how are you so sure they can inplent it in the code? because alot of ideas are wonderfull and blizzards think of them to. but implenting the idea is someting completly diffrent.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like it would be nice, though I would miss the shortcut into LFR and stuff. I think this would also please the more hardcore pvp players because they wont have to get the one or two BiS pve pieces or legendary weps like most rogues did in cata. If they did this and made abilities act differently in pve and pvp, I feel that pvp balance would be much easier to accomplish.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Deleted
    GW2 System is necessary, yes. Cutting it all off is the only way to go about it. And no Stats-Improvement. Just visuals.

The 5.3 Changes were mostly to prevent PvP players from blowing the shit out of anyone in PvE Gear in the Barrens. The QQ would've been enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    GW2 System is necessary, yes. Cutting it all off is the only way to go about it. And no Stats-Improvement. Just visuals.

The 5.3 Changes were mostly to prevent PvP players from blowing the shit out of anyone in PvE Gear in the Barrens. The QQ would've been enormous.
    Well it happened on Isle of Thunder, Krassarang, and the Vale earlier in the xpack. Nothing new about the Barrens area that hasn't already happened in terms of World PvP. But yes, GW2 is what I was thinking. Though I would have to disagree with no stats, as a big part of this game is increasing the power of your character. GW2 is not. The default set however would move up a tier every new season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Well it happened on Isle of Thunder, Krassarang, and the Vale earlier in the xpack. Nothing new about the Barrens area that hasn't already happened in terms of World PvP. But yes, GW2 is what I was thinking. Though I would have to disagree with no stats, as a big part of this game is increasing the power of your character. GW2 is not. The default set however would move up a tier every new season.
    Whenever there is stats involved in a PvP Game, it can not be a balanced experience for everyone. That is a simple, hard truth. I like progressing my Gear as much as the next person, but in case of PvP, I am absolutely against anything but visual upgrades.

And the experience with all those Outdoor zones was awful for non-pvp players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Now fulling raid geared PvE players have the potential of blowing the shit out of PvP geared players because PvE 496 scaling doesn't happen in the open world. It seems they created the same issue just in reverse.

As it is now, all else being equal, a fully geared raid player (522) coming up against a fully geared pvp player (496) is going to be at a fairly large advantage. Even with gear scaled back in controlled pvp environments (BGs, arena etc) you're still going to see more and more pve gear creep in to the higher levels of pvp. I'm not sure how Blizz thought this was all going to work.

Deleted
    I really don't mind if ALL the stats on EVERY player is the same as the person next to me. It is PVP and not "me bashing skulls in low geared folks" yes it is fun as hell but it isn't rewarding. BUT how do you handle PVE? These guys NEED an upgrade for defeating a new boss...and PVP players will QQ that their rewards are where?

So i think..they should give EVERYONE a standard PVP and a PVE set. So you can start up doing stuff, like Random BGS or Dungeons at least, and from their upgrade it to honor/ justice and so on. But well you can't really satisfie everyone and their will always be QQ. Really why do some people PVP ? To have a challenge against a person next to you ? Or to roflstorm to 2,6k and wait out your Glad rank ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Now fulling raid geared PvE players have the potential of blowing the shit out of PvP geared players because PvE 496 scaling doesn't happen in the open world. It seems they created the same issue just in reverse.

As it is now, all else being equal, a fully geared raid player (522) coming up against a fully geared pvp player (496) is going to be at a fairly large advantage. Even with gear scaled back in controlled pvp environments (BGs, arena etc) you're still going to see more and more pve gear creep in to the higher levels of pvp. I'm not sure how Blizz thought this was all going to work.
    Arent you forgeting pvp power on pvp gear? Surely you dont think 35-40% increased damage is too low to make a difference? Even if 522 PvE gear turns out to be better it'll only be by a small margin. And lets be honest how often you run into people with 522 gear while doing world pvp?