Deleted

New to Warrior PvP

I decided to lvl a warrior alt since I found their gamesyle funny to play in wrath but yeah it's been forever since I last played warrior in pvp so I wonder if anyone could please break it down to me counting the recent changes in 5.3.

-Do I use Heroic strike or Slam as ragedump?

-Do I even use Heroic strike at all? (Been trying to get a good read about the whole HS vs Slam thingie and pretty much all I can find is that you should remove it from your bars).

-Is it worth trying to learn the class again or are warriors complete utter shit now?

I could probaly list more questions but then again I don't want everything to be handed out on a silverplatter, some things you just want to get into on your own . Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc2d8d5e5f5b; 2013-05-27 at 04:53 AM.

Warriors aren't shit, I have no problem going flawless in bgs.

Deleted
    This I also want to know as I lvl my alt warrior right now. (DK as main)
    I must say I have not taken the time to read true all the threads yet, I will.
    It feels that HS is crap compared to Slam. Still it´s on a different GCD therefor some times its good to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is not "Heroic Strike vs Slam" both of those abilities are completely different. Slam is an actual ability similar to Mortal Strike where it takes up the full GCD and is only mainly used in PvE situations. Heroic Strike is the actual rage dump ability because it's off the GCD and costs a retarded amount of Rage (30).

The real debate in pvp is "Overpower vs Slam" where you really can't use both without losing uptime on Mortal Strike and Colossus Smash. The problem with Arms Warriors is that the spec is poorly designed, it basically has way too many gcd's too fill in a few globals. In a PvP situation you don't have enough "Time" to use Slam, because in PvP you're not just mashing a damage rotation, you're applying slows, applying stuns, applying fears ect. Not to mention you don't have 100% uptime on a target as if you would if you were doing pve content.

So the basic idea is to use Mortal Strike on Cool down, Colossus Smash on cool down and Overpower is the "filler button" that you mash when both of those are on cool down. The only time Slam can actually be used is if colossus smash is on cool down, mortal strike is on cool down, no overpowers, shockwave is on cool down or your target is already slowed. In pvp situations this is very rare but it does happen.

Some people argue that its a good idea to just mash Slam when you use all of your offensive cool downs. The idea is to pool your rage up to around 80-100 and pop one shot, use colossus smash and then just mash Slam, hoping each Slam will crit which does incredible amounts of burst damage. The problem is that you're basically relying on every Slam to crit at the expense of losing gcd time if you were just to use Mortal Strike, x2 Overpower. The best idea to me is to Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike (hoping for an enrage crit) Overpower only once and then mash Slam twice. It's not the perfect rotation, but its a small gamble that Slam will hopefully crit.

Anytime you see an enemy Warrior who is just mindlessly mashing Slam without cool downs, destroy them. That's a good indicator that you're dealing with a terrible Warrior who probably reads the tool tip that Slam does the most damage and that should mean its prioritized over Mortal Strike.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    with 80 - 100 rage you want to be using slam as main burst, CS and mortal must always be off cooldown though.
    and yeah rarely use heroic strike, not worth the rage

Deleted
    Due to overpowers other advantages (can't be avoided, 0.5 less gcd, high base critchance) slam is not very appealing in PvP and with the changes to reck that's sadly even true for your swifty-button times... gambling with 50-55% crit isn't worth it when you finally managed to get a kill winow via forcing trinkets/landing cc. Just weave in some HS during CS and you're regulary fine, you'll need your rage for PH/hamstring anyway to keep connected.

I wouldn't bother learning a warrior atm to be honest, you'll have serious troubles finding a rbg team and all melee hybrids are way more appealing right now (especially for the "serious" business in 3s).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-05-27 at 02:06 PM.