Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    "stunned untill i'm deadé, oh you mean 3 second stun from shadowfury? once they popped health cds, they have to wait another 2 minutes..
    fear spam? 3 and immune after, breaks easily. go whine at priests
    "on top of having awesome control/cc abilitieS" please tell me more
    not to mention if it's destro you're talking about, you can interupt almost anything. it is a l2p issue, maybe 1vs1 they're above average but apart from that? no

im not eating 300k chaos bolt crits anymore so how are they still OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    im not eating 300k chaos bolt crits anymore so how are they still OP.
    I took 200k damage on an RBG as a tank (I'm full tyran).

From a 3v3 prospective:

As a disc in a castercleave, I find locks to be not too much of a problem. My prayer of mending can bounce around and outheal afflictions cleave, and destros burst is easily predictable and avoidable. They give no heals (besides healthstone) nor defensive abilities (besides gate) to anyone else so blowing up their teammates is fairly easy. However they are jesus tanks and never really a kill target unless we can catch them low and offguard. Their cc is annoying but running with a sham makes it manageable, and fear isnt instant so its actually avoidable (unlike HUNTERS who are the bane of my existence).

@ OP, my warlock is barely cresting 500k in 508 ilvl. You are drastically overexadurating if he truely was in blues. Also, bar that battlemasters trinket, warlocks dont have a max health increasing spell except for Soul link + Tome of sacrifice, which I wouldnt consider a cooldown. Please back up areguements with fact when critising a class.

*Just remembered that Warlocks can increase their max health using Command Demon after sacrifising a Voidlord, which hardly sounds ideal in a pvp environment seeing as it wastes a dispell / interupt / cc
    Last edited by Bezoar; 2013-05-29 at 01:52 AM.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Is it really necessary for warlocks to have 550k+ hp plus do insane dmg, on top of having awesome control/cc abilities and also have awesome defensive cds? I ran into a warlock a few mins ago with 550k hp and he was in crafted blues and a few malevolent pieces...then when he pops his cds he jumps up to 730khp and is absorbing everything i can throw at him...then healing himself to full, then once that wears off im feared and stunned until im dead...

you can say its a l2p issue if u like, but it really does seem OP...
    550k hp means terrible talent choices and means he can't use sacrificial pact/ dark bargain. 730k hp means he's using a sacrificed voidwalker, so losing to this is just a l2p issue as the warlock is picking the worst talent/pet choices...

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    l2p issue. You guys don't even know what he loses to have this much hp...

The only OP thing I see is Ember Tap (1 ember 20%+ heal no cooldown) for destruction locks.
    I have 90%+ mastery buffed (Which is pretty much BiS with everything to mastery), my Ember Tap only heals for about 16%, even less with a mortal strike debuff. Ember Tap also costs burning embers so it's not really spammable and it means the warlock is sacrificing a good amount of damage for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    fatigue for sure affects stuff like siphon life glyph + drain life. doesnt feel like it's being boosted by pvpp.
    The boost from PvP Power on sl/dl is so small that it's barely noticeable. Depending on how much PvP power you have it's only 10-15% extra healing you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I heard from a lock battle faitigue does affect locks absorb schields but pvp power won't? is this true in 5.3?
    This is correct for Sacrificial Pact. As for now it's not being affected by PvP Power. Same goes for chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Incorrect, it's 30% over about 15 seconds. So make sure your dps doesnt suck and you can easily DPS > HoT
    Ember Tap is only a HoT if you use the glyph. Unglyphed it's an instant heal.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorUndead View Post
    I took 200k damage on an RBG as a tank (I'm full tyran).
    Tanks passively take 50% extra damage in RBG, didn't you read the patch notes? Getting crit for 200k in RBG as a tank is nothing special nowadays.

Also, I need a new avatar, too many people using this one :/
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-29 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Also, I need a new avatar, too many people using this one :/
    I picked this up before seeing it anywhere else on MMO!
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Warlocks.. Their ability to have 1.2 million hp and take almost no damage, then turn around and CB crit you in the face for 150-200k is ridiculous..

It's not about 1v1.. it's their ability to solo spin flags for like 2 minutes when anyone else woulda died 110 seconds ago. Their ability to survive and their extremely high burst is just ridiculous. They potentially reach ice mage level of burst if the stars align and they can just tank the entire battleground with a push of 1 macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    It's not about 1v1.. it's their ability to solo spin flags for like 2 minutes when anyone else woulda died 110 seconds ago. Their ability to survive and their extremely high burst is just ridiculous. They potentially reach ice mage level of burst if the stars align and they can just tank the entire battleground with a push of 1 macro.
    In terms of burst they are nowhere close to actual burst classes such as frost mages, elemental shamans or bm hunters.

i dont see them as OP, just obnoxious amount of health annoys me to look at lol

Affliction locks are the only thing that give me any trouble. Destro is garbage 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    I agree, why do they need to have 550+ hp, casting while moving and what seems like endless heals and absorbs.
    The same reason Rogues have tons of armor from wearing leather, endless self healing, they can stealth whenever they want to and have no cooldown on their diminishing return immune stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Affliction locks are the only thing that give me any trouble. Destro is garbage 1v1
    May I ask what class/spec you play? I don't think any spec should have troubles with affliction :/

What annoys me about locks is they just need to stand there like a raidboss and win.
    -snip-
    Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-29 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    May I ask what class/spec you play? I don't think any spec should have troubles with affliction :/
    Afflic PvP doesn't suck anymore. Sure, it's not great like it's sometimes been in past expansions, but it doesn't suck. You can't just DoT and play for time, so it plays differently than in the old days. But aside from a few bad matchups (DKs, Warriors, Shadow Priests) I can usually make a decent fight of it.

Plus the common wisdom is that Afflic PvP sucks, so odds are anyone you see using it is either clueless about PvP or confident in their skill with it. Really good or really bad, with very few average players in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post

Incorrect, it's 30% over about 15 seconds. So make sure your dps doesnt suck and you can easily DPS > HoT
    only if they are using the glyph(which they should be doing) and it stacks. i cant tell you how many times i have destroyed demo locks or bm hunters because they pop stampede/imp swarm for me to rain of fire for unlimited embers...
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-29 at 06:27 PM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    only if they are using the glyph(which they should be doing) and it stacks. i cant tell you how many times i have destroyed demo locks or bm hunters because they pop stampede/imp swarm for me to rain of fire for unlimited embers...

Hope you dont mean glyph of ember tap because that shouldnt be used because you cant spam ember tap. Glyph of HS is mandatory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    I agree, why do they need to have 550+ hp, casting while moving and what seems like endless heals and absorbs.
    The casting while moving is what frustrates me the most. That was also a thing locks were known for to be the sort of immobile tanking cloth, rather than mobile...

The game isn't balanced around 1v1 and don't waste your own dps cooldowns while they are shielded. Funnily enough it is a l2p issue. Do more pvp and you'll learn how to counter them.