Thread: Two head sets.

Two head sets.

I was wondering, if its possible to run two head set of the same pc or lap top. Not with a splitter or anything just two usb headsets or the prong type typical headphone plug. If not why isn't Ive heard the sound card can run two things at once but how is two headsets harder then running a big surround sound system? Doesn't make sense to me.

2 USB headsets should work, 1 USB and one 3.5mm should also work, 2 3.5mm will not work unless you have 2 soundcards or some sort of splitter.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    2 USB headsets should work, 1 USB and one 3.5mm should also work, 2 3.5mm will not work unless you have 2 soundcards or some sort of splitter.
    Doesn't the driver for the USB headset override the 3.5 mm output?

2x 3.5mm should work.

Most PCs have multiple 3.5mm outputs in the back which all work simultaneously (7.1 surround). Front + back doesn't usually work though (eg. Realtek driver override, maybe this override can be modified?).

Some laptops have 2x simultaneous 3.5mm outputs. HP laptops have this feature.

Maybe my problem was I had my good usb headset plugged in the tower and the 3.5mm headset in the headset jack in the moniter? But on my sound settings it only gives me the option for one primary sound device. So it was an either or type of thing.

Deleted
    that's cause win 7 defaults to one it's possible to run 2 but then you need to switch the default everytime you need to use the screen headset jacks tldr possible but cumbersome