Thread: Meth = US drug?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    So close, I'm not really familiar with all the names :/

Baar, where does it say it's an US drug btw? Read the article, but it doesn't say it anywhere.
    Afaik meth is methamphetamine and speed is amphetamine. Meth would also be = crystal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I thought that was Rotterdam?
    I think it's similiar to Amphetamine.

Anyways. meth isn't something we have a problem with here.
    Nah, Rotterdam already has legal drugtraffic , Antwerp Harbor is the illegal destributor of Europe, its supposedly easier to smuggle drugs via Antwerp then via Rotterdam

Yeah; speed is way more popular in Europe.. Probably because it's less... You know; destructive than meth.
    I think Meth is primarily a US-drug, just like Speed is a European drug. Well; and XTC. It's nothing to be upset or insulted about... Crocodil is mostly a Siberian drug; now thát's a really scary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    According to a a highly reliable meth documentary (Breaking Bad, season 5), 5% of the population of Czech Republic are meth addicts! So there you go - it's a Czech, not US, drug!
    Breaking Bad has a hilarious plot. I mean - the US is the only country where it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-use-map-world

This would say you are wrong? Can you link your source please.
    Not really since it doesn't show meth use, it bundles all types of drugs into different cathegories.
    Does it really matter anyways?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

It's found in the U.S more than any other country.
    The Americans love meth.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Nah, Rotterdam already has legal drugtraffic , Antwerp Harbor is the illegal destributor of Europe, its supposedly easier to smuggle drugs via Antwerp then via Rotterdam
    lol alright, good to know!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Meth is primarily a midwest US drug that is abused primarily by white Americans, if you don't believe that visit Oklahoma.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    The Americans love meth.
    So whats huge in Australia? Licking frogs?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    The Americans love meth.
    I wish people would show me where they are getting this info. google has yet to show me one decent report on numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Yeah; speed is way more popular in Europe.. Probably because it's less... You know; destructive than meth.
    I think Meth is primarily a US-drug, just like Speed is a European drug. Well; and XTC. It's nothing to be upset or insulted about... Crocodil is mostly a Siberian drug; now thát's a really scary thing.
    Yeah this is on the mark.

Amphetamine is speed.
    Methamphetamine is "crystal meth" or ice.

The only difference is that there is a primary amine group on speed and on ice there is a secondary amine as it has a methyl group attached to the nitrogen. That methyl group helps it form glass like shards hence the "crystal" and the "ice" part. E/MDMA/Ecstasy/XTC whatever you want to call it is a pretty european one. It's actually similar structurally to speed and ice. Infact, most drugs with similar effects have a very similar chemical structure... the reason why will be demonstrated in tomorrows lesson.

Krokodil is absolutely fucking terrifying. For those that don't know, it's illegaly produced Desomorphine which is about 10 times more powerful than Morphine. Now, to isolate your morphine illicitly you use horrible industrial chemicals likely stolen and impure because hey you're making this illegally, and you seperate it a few times and then use petrol (and this won't be clean and pure either) to get another bit out. This stuff is contaminated with the kind of stuff which is hideously expensive to clean up for a multibillion dollar chemical company. Now think that you're putting it into your bloodstream...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Anything Meth comes up I wonder how long until someone makes a Breaking Bad reference.

I live in a small town in Canada and there have been a few local bust that where mainly Meth.
    To be fair Canada is basically a province of the US.

/trollface
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would show me where they are getting this info. google has yet to show me one decent report on numbers.
    http://www.methinformation.org/html/overview.html

"In the 2000s, meth has emerged as one of the most dangerous “homegrown” drugs in the U.S., and its clinical abuse and dependence poses significant public health challenges. Meth has not only been ranked as the most widely used illicit drug in the world after cannabis, it has become the most dominant drug problem in many Western and Midwestern U.S. states, severely impacting rural and suburban areas, as well as small- and mid-sized cities. In some states, meth has emerged as the most significant drug problem within the treatment system"

If it's your biggest drug problem in certain areas of your country then it's your countries biggest drug problem. If it's not your countries biggest drug problem then it means that something else is and that rates of use are far lower. Outside of North Korea and the USA, noone has what you could really call a "meth problem" - it even says so on wikipedia. It's obviously very difficult to find exact numbers because drug users tend to hide the fact they're breaking the law.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Did what for me? I'm not the one making a claim I'm not the one that needs to provide proof of said claim.
    http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-..._web_small.pdf
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_count...t_Crystal_Meth
    http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfac...addiction.html

Anywho, your reaction to this news is unreasonable. There is no reason for you to care about this at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    http://www.methinformation.org/html/overview.html

"In the 2000s, meth has emerged as one of the most dangerous “homegrown” drugs in the U.S., and its clinical abuse and dependence poses significant public health challenges. Meth has not only been ranked as the most widely used illicit drug in the world after cannabis, it has become the most dominant drug problem in many Western and Midwestern U.S. states, severely impacting rural and suburban areas, as well as small- and mid-sized cities. In some states, meth has emerged as the most significant drug problem within the treatment system"

If it's your biggest drug problem in certain areas of your country then it's your countries biggest drug problem. If it's not your countries biggest drug problem then it means that something else is and that rates of use are far lower. Outside of North Korea and the USA, noone has what you could really call a "meth problem" - it even says so on wikipedia. It's obviously very difficult to find exact numbers because drug users tend to hide the fact they're breaking the law.
    I'm not saying it isn't a problem. like I said I haven't really ever looked into it. None of that shows any numbers on how it's used more in the us than any other country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Anywho, your reaction to this news is unreasonable. There is no reason for you to care about this at all.
    This is the crux of the whole thread. I live in England, we probably have the largest consumption of Eel Pie which is an abomination. I'm not complaining about it and it's equally as disgusting as a drug problem (if you disagree then you've never had Eel Pie).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-..._web_small.pdf
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_count...t_Crystal_Meth
    http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfac...addiction.html

Sorry I take offense to my country being labeled the meth capital, (hyperbole)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying it isn't a problem. like I said I haven't really ever looked into it. None of that shows any numbers on how it's used more in the us than any other country.
    Good luck getting numbers for something that people hide for obvious reasons. All you can do is find out who spends the most money on it and that sort of stuff. And there's been evidence for that already. If you want an exact number of how many users there are you're going to really struggle and if you do then it's gona be an absoute shot in the dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    This is the crux of the whole thread. I live in England, we probably have the largest consumption of Eel Pie which is an abomination. I'm not complaining about it and it's equally as disgusting as a drug problem (if you disagree then you've never had Eel Pie).

Would you if you read a headline saying "Englands Eel Pie Sweeps "country name" youths"?

I have no idea what Eel Pie is either :P

Deleted
    Speed is a common used term for Amphetamine, which is usually administered by snorting. Methamphetamine is the variant that is smokeable aswell. Speed is by far more populair around here. (netherlands)

Why would it upset you that meth is called a US drug?