Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    WHat would you like to hear? That we all would immediately stop playing the game? Well, I probably would - but as far as I'm concerned, this will never happen.
    generalization plz stop with them

i for 1 could care less for new modles so id play reguardless of where they are put

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    i'd be extremely mad, what's the point of a subscription fee if they start charging me for content

since when are character modles content?

Deleted
    I'd buy them, tho I'd raise an eyebrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Simple question. Let's say that Blizzard decides that new player models don't influence anything, they're cosmetic, so decides to put them in the store for 25 euros/dollars/pounds per faction pack. So 50 for all the races. Would you buy it? What if it was 5 euros/dollars/pounds per race?

I don't care if Blizzard will do/never do this, this is a hypothetical question. Just say what would you do in this case.
    I would buy them. But that won't happen because they need to have the models as a feature for the new xpac. I know it because i have a crystal ball. No lottery questions please, i don't want the CIA after me.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Would buy it for 1 or 2 races if it was a €5-per-race deal, don't think I would if it was €25 per faction or €50 for all, if we're to just take your given prices for granted here =P I wouldn't like having to pay more for them at all, but I'm already paying €130 a year, it'd be stupid to say "I'm not paying for virtual goods at all" xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd twitter them what a load of money bleeding douchebags they are.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be weird, this games isnt free2play so why we should pay for content? We already pay.

If Blizzard do that, I'll stop playing that game, I refuse to encourage that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Paying for WoW goes against what you believe in then. $15 a month for graphics on your screen.

Thats $180 a year for something you will never own or hold in your hands.

Wow is a service, not a virtual good. Similar to how I pay for internet service. A mount or a shiny new looking character, is a virtual item. Video game companies make millions off this type of transaction, because the target crowd aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. People like Bobby Kotick are brilliant because they've built their success by pandering to the intellectually weak.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-05-31 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Hm, tbh I dont think thats possible. Imagine that they would have to make twice the amount of gear models they do now. For old and new models...

Plus we already pay for the game every month, so I cant imagine they would charge us for something like this. Its not a cosmetic change like new hair/some transmo gear like in those free2play mmos, its a whole new model. Nope, can't imagine that

Can't stand the thought of paying real money for ingame items.

Deleted
    not gonna happen so I'm not worrying about it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I just wouldn't support it. Simple really, vote with your wallet, it's the loudest vote you get in life.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question. Let's say that Blizzard decides that new player models don't influence anything, they're cosmetic, so decides to put them in the store for 25 euros/dollars/pounds per faction pack. So 50 for all the races. Would you buy it? What if it was 5 euros/dollars/pounds per race?

I don't care if Blizzard will do/never do this, this is a hypothetical question. Just say what would you do in this case.
    I would do something like this: /ignore

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never said "I would quit for this reason". I have even paid for every blizz store pet and mount but this would be one step to far. Paying for real content while its still sub model would just be way to far. I would stop playing.
    Aye mate

I wouldn't actually care.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Pinch myself to wake up.

But seriously, I guess I'd sigh, shrug and keep playing without improved models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would embrace the fact that im nostalgic bastard who hate change. Seriously i wouldnt pay for anything in this game. Unless its a nyan cat mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Wow is a service, not a virtual good. Similar to how I pay for internet service. A mount or a shiny new looking character, is a virtual item. Video game companies make millions off this type of transaction, because the target crowd aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. People like Bobby Kotick are brilliant because they've built their success by pandering to the intellectually weak.
    Again... wrong. While the subscription itself is a service, the actual game is a virtual good. You had to pay real money at some point for pixels on a disc or downloadable pixels.

OT: I would pay for them in a heartbeat. Who am I to stand in the way of capitalism? :-)

I would make a post on mmo and rage.. and hope that "old" look will be cool in a time

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Pinch myself to wake up.

But seriously, I guess I'd sigh, shrug and keep playing without improved models.
    Could someone explain to me why WoW needs new character models ? Since ALL avatars are covered with massive armor that hide anything underneath ....

If I liked them, I would purchase them.