Windows 7 and a new ssd

My brother just bought an ssd and we're installing it this weekend.

His computer is an aurora r2 i5 650. Which means he got windows 7 installed in his pc. He doesn't have a cd as far as I can remember. Is there a way to download the windows 7 client if he has the cd key?

No disc, has key. Otherwise we might have to buy a copy from somewhere.

Aveline's amazing work!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    My brother just bought an ssd and we're installing it this weekend.

His computer is an aurora r2 i5 650. Which means he got windows 7 installed in his pc. He doesn't have a cd as far as I can remember. Is there a way to download the windows 7 client if he has the cd key?

No disc, has key. Otherwise we might have to buy a copy from somewhere.
    The only solution may be to contact the vendor and purchase a restore disk. That would be the only "official" solution. There is no Microsoft solution, nowhere you can officially download a copy.

Really you can just download Windows 7 from any torrent site, or ask a friend for a disk. As long as you are using your valid license key, it's perfectly legal.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

yeah you can but they are kind of hard to find. Someone round here has a link

edit: http://www.w7forums.com/official-win...ds-t12325.html
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2013-05-24 at 05:24 AM.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...amp-X64/page60

I'm pretty sure these still work. Find the correct version, download it, burn it to a DVD or put it on a flash drive, install it using his CD key and you should be good to go. These are (or were, rather) the official .iso files that used to be provided when you bought a digital copy of Windows 7 from the Microsoft store. They're not cracked or anything, so as far as I know this should be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    While it's usually good to reinstall, you could just clone the OS over to the SSD, as long as it's smaller than the drive, using Macrium Reflect.
    Quote Originally Posted by krognam View Post
    There is no Microsoft solution, nowhere you can officially download a copy.
    Utterly incorrect. You can download the Win7 ISO's from digitalriver legally.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/downloa...ows-7-sp1-iso/

Another link to them, in case others are slow.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

or ask a friend for a disk. As long as you are using your valid license key, it's perfectly legal.
    So I could use my windows 7 disc Home Edition with his Windows 7 license key and it wouldn't invalidate my disc / license or whatever?

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. The CD used is entirely unrelated, and not relevant to the key. As long as its a Home Premium x64 CD and License.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I do my clean windows 7 installations from USB stick works really well!

http://winsupersite.com/article/wind...usb-memory-key

You need a legit key ofc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No kidding I have been looking for this forever. It's been a while since I have looked, but I was so ticked off for so long that there was no official .iso download.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

10+ Year Old Account
    No kidding I have been looking for this forever. It's been a while since I have looked, but I was so ticked off for so long that there was no official .iso download.
    There's pretty much always been a download available from digital river.

Turns out the SSD he bought came with some CD that was able to clone his entire HDD over to the SSD. Free.

Aveline's amazing work!