Mind Spike Glyph

Hello,
    I was wondering why blizzard nerfed the Mind Spike Glyph and FDCL talent aswell.

Right now spriest are FORCED to pick Solace and Insanity if they want to max there dps. I think blizzard should bring back the old mind spike glyph so that players can pick which kind of game play they want.

S:I is a BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG talent, all you do is just spam flay, it makes you fall off your chair putting you to sleep bec of its boring nature.

I really don't know whats the reason for nerfing it in the first place, the old mind spike glyph was perfect atleast for me.

FDCL i feel the proc rate is not 15% but 1-5% what gives ??? Its like blizz is forcing you to pickup the new talent.

Well, there are encounters where you would prefer FDCL over Insanity, like Council of Elders. Seems like that is what blizzard intended, right? Choose talents based off encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Algoma0 View Post
    Well, there are encounters where you would prefer FDCL over Insanity, like Council of Elders. Seems like that is what blizzard intended, right? Choose talents based off encounters.
    If you want to cheese meters, maybe you can pick FDCL.., but sims says even on multi dot fights Insanity still comes out on top.

I just wished PLAYERS are the owner of there talents not boss encounter / mechanics or sims will dictate which talents you will pick to get max dps for your toon.

I know from a programming point of view its hard but returning the old mind spike glyph is a step , if they feel that its too powerful on pvp, the glyp will state that on pvp grounds the free mind blast it provides deals 50% less something like that.
    Last edited by erbs101; 2013-05-21 at 03:59 AM.

There is no cheesing in the Council of Elders Encounter. Yes, you do more cleave damage, but thats not cheesing, is it? If you do more dps, you do more dps - no cheesing involved. Now the Megeara fight is something different, obviously. But i didnt even mention this fight ..

Deleted
    The reason they changed the glyph is simple: They didn't intend for glyphs to be mandotory when you have a certain talent. The glyphs are supposed to be unique to specs, yes, but not talents. Talents are not meant to dictate which glyphs you use. And actually, the mind spike glyph still has it's uses in some encounters, for example when low health adds need to be killed quick and dotting them would be a waste, a MS->MS->insta-MB rotation can be the best way to kill a low health add. But meh, thats for the player to decide. FDCL still has it's uses too, I pick it on any fight that has multi adds and single target DPS is not a concern.

Insanity is a terrible talent for any fight with heavy movement.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2013-05-21 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    Insanity is a terrible talent for any fight with heavy movement.
    The sad part being that even on such fights it still beats FDCL, 'cause FDCL is just ruined right now.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    The sad part being that even on such fights it still beats FDCL, 'cause FDCL is just ruined right now.
    Yup its so true.. try to test FDCL on durumu, Insanity will still come out on top as compared to FDCL.

If blizz don't want a glyph to be mandatory, they should incorporate MS glyph to the MS skill. I just wish blizz could somehow bring it back built-in. I know flay is the signature skill of spriest over the past 10 ? years or so but a change is not bad i feel so as to bring new flavor to the current spriest gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between the talents for the VAST majority of players is negligable. Period. The glyph was what made that talent OP. Changing the glyph put the talent back in line with the average.

If you like FDCL, use it. The glyph change last patch didn't kill the talent, it just made other options viable.

Unless you are playing your character nearly at 100% efficiency (You probably aren't. I know I'm not, I'm no robot.) then you will get more effective use out of using the talent correctly rather than which talent you take. Sims are great at theorycrafting, but most of the community only sees what they want to see, ie X is better than Y, so Y is useless. I have tried all three talents on every fight this tier, and have found each to have their strengths, but none to have "crippling" weaknesses.

I know I've said this before, but I find it pointless to worry about the 1% differences when most of us would benefit more from familiarity. Optimization can only go so far.
    Last edited by Ambereldus; 2013-05-22 at 05:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    The difference between the talents for the VAST majority of players is negligable. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    The glyph was what made that talent OP. Changing the glyph put the talent back in line with the average.
    Please elaborate on how a glyph which increased your dps while not on the move by a slight amount and created a way to not lose dps while on the move with the requirement of some planning makes a talent, in an environment where "the difference between talents are negligible for the VAST majority of players", OP.

It was mainly a PvP change (to quote GC, "We also reduced Shadow burst a little through the Glyph of Mind Spike"), not a case of "FDCL is too good, let's nerf the glyph to bring it in line with others".

I didn't notice any differences with mind spike glyph. Where is mindspike in everyones rotation nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by magicnachos View Post
    I didn't notice any differences with mind spike glyph. Where is mindspike in everyones rotation nowadays?
    Not keybound.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years