Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I thought the inference that the "unannounced feature" would have similar impact akin to LFD and LFR was quite clear in that tweet myself without my special "invisible text" reading glasses on, which is now being downplayed by GC. Unless it's the label of "bait and switch" you object to?

All I see him saying is they haven't announced what it would be yet. That is ALL I can read from it. Thats all anyone should read from it. how do you get it would have a similar impact? He didn't even mention lfr or lfd, the person asking the question did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    All I see him saying is they haven't announced what it would be yet. That is ALL I can read from it. Thats all anyone should read from it. how do you get it would have a similar impact? He didn't even mention lfr or lfd, the person asking the question did.
    Because that was specifically part of the question which GC replied to. He didn't reply to the question "does 5.4 have an unannounced feature" or "do you have any undisclosed features planned" but specifically if Ghostcrawler felt if any of the MoP features had an impact akin to that LFD and LFR and his reply was that he felt that the "unannounced feature" they were working would be that feature. It's absolutely basic English reading skills and to be "fucking amazed" by it speaks more about you than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Lol at fanboys yet again.

This is what the original quote said. Clearly, he acknowledged that it would be something of similar scale to LFD/LFR and have a big ("huge") impact on the game.
    The "hype" is only his fault, either because he's very naive and stupid or wanted to bait and switch players yet again like they've done several times in the past (character models, dance studio, etc)
    As seen in this thread, apparently they can get away with this because fanboys will always make up an excuse for them.
    Hilarious.
    The very next day he backed off of that.

"Sorry. I'll just say I had a specific feature in mind and wasn't just trolling. Some will love it. Some will say: this is it?"

He's been sticking to that ever since from what I can gather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Because that was specifically part of the question which GC replied to. He didn't reply to the question "does 5.4 have an unannounced feature" or "do you have any undisclosed features planned" but specifically if Ghostcrawler felt if any of the MoP features had an impact akin to that LFD and LFR and his reply was that he felt that the "unannounced feature" they were working would be that feature. It's absolutely basic English reading skills and to be "fucking amazed" by it speaks more about you than anything else.

Well no. Let me quote the exact question for you.

"Which new mop feature do you think has had/will have a huge impact."

This has no mention of will it be as big as lfr/lfd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    The very next day he backed off of that.

"Sorry. I'll just say I had a specific feature in mind and wasn't just trolling. Some will love it. Some will say: this is it?"

He's been sticking to that ever since from what I can gather.
    Yeah, he did, and the whole thing is getting quite silly now as a result from a comment which he himself originally made. Considering how near the 5.4 PTR I really don't see why he doesn't just announce the thing already instead of these futile attempts to downplay a fire which he started. Sure, the people whipping themselves in a frenzy over this feature should chill out, but this has to be one of GC's major Twitter blunders.

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Well no. Let me quote the exact question for you.

"Which new mop feature do you think has had/will have a huge impact."

This has no mention of will it be as big as lfr/lfd.
    Again, basic reading skills. They were absolutely mentioned in that question in the previous sentence. Look mate, try and twist it all you want, but it's there in black and white and to deny otherwise only makes you look like a fool. So feel free, counter my point that the question absolutely specifically mentions LFD and LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there better be a weapon at the end of the legendary quest line............I don't want to think that I spent all that time doing those tedious collection quests for some shitty gem or enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Your Avatar and name pretty much sums up how idiotic your statement is.

Deleted
    "50 percent off" = blizzards fix to dying realms.

Seriously... this is their answer to the dead realm problem? 50% off?

There goes another million or so.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Yeah there better be a weapon at the end of the legendary quest line............I don't want to think that I spent all that time doing those tedious collection quests for some shitty gem or enchant.
    For all you know it's something vastly more rewarding than a weapon that can't be transmogged and will last a total of 3 months before it's useless again. Maybe something that actually deserves to be classified as legendary.

I'm not saying I think it is, but it's a little worthless to jump to conclusions.
    BAD WOLF

maybe instead of a legendary weapon we will get a set of transmog gear with special effects like the challenge mode armor?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Players pester Blizzard for information.
    Blizzard release information about a feature at a very early stage.
    Players complain when said feature changes or fails to meet early and only POSSIBLE plans.
    Blizzard facepalms.

The comic is a perfect demonstration of why there is a lack of tanks in the game.
    Nothing to do with lack of tank roles, as the popular hero class did little to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    Seriously... this is their answer to the dead realm problem? 50% off?

There goes another million or so.
    Nothing will be a perfect solution.
    Free transfers will empty them faster and split up what little was left of the community.
    Mergers will only push together very different communities, and could wreck or damage smaller ones.
    Some people enjoy smaller communities, something that the other side, those that do not are simply choosing to ignore.

Lol at fanboys yet again.

As seen in this thread, apparently they can get away with this because fanboys will always make up an excuse for them.
    Hilarious.
    Living up to your chosen name rather well.
    Calling someone a fanboy because they disagree with you proves you to be narrow minded, and acting like a fool.
    Thats an overused word by people too damn stupid to understand what it actually means.

We can see faults, if you can provide a good argument.
    We just see a lot which are not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-05 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    "50 percent off" = blizzards fix to dying realms.
    Well they're going to have to try a bit harder on that one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Blizzard is partially at fault on this one, they could have gone with "a new cool feature" but instead they choose "A big feature that will change the world as we know it" kinda of thing.
    No they did not. GC said it was a feature he personally was excited about. But he went out of his way to say most players would go ´meh´ and that the new feature would NOT have an affect on WOW as big as lfd or lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    No they did not. GC said it was a feature he personally was excited about. But he went out of his way to say most players would go ´meh´ and that the new feature would NOT have an affect on WOW as big as lfd or lfr.
    No feature would be appealing to all of the community.
    People who do not need something, or are not interested will always complain that other people paying the same amount as them are getting their slice of the cake for a change.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a sale and my desire to switch to a livelier server will cause me to pay money to Blizzard (excluding subscription fee). I am not going to solve their customer service problem with my dollars.

Also, the DLC strip is so true it hurts.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    inb4 there never was a "feature", they were just playing along and it got out of hand really fast ^^
    Everyone who has been following along from the beginning and took all the hints already knows exactly what the new feature is.

Hints
    1. A lot of players will go ´meh´
    2. It is not a game-changer like LFR, LFD
    3. It will open up a lot of content for some players.
    4. It is something players have asked for.

Those are basically the only 4 paraphrased quotes we have from the devs. That is IT.. everything else has been imagined by the community

But the bigger hint is regarding new tech this expansion. Blizzard LOVES to use new tech everywhere when they finally get it. ( see phasing, CRZ, vehicle fights, bad-luck rolls). They invent a new tech and then go out of their way to add it wherever possible. For instance, bad-luck protection was added for LFR loot rolls, next thing you know it is being added for pet battle bags, scenario bags etc etc.. By 5.4, probably any RNG thing will have bad-luck protection

So lets look at some other new tech added this expansion

1. Scaling of players gear - Big one.. was done as a major part of challenge mode dungeons, and now being done again with the pvp changes this patch.
    2. Player scaling - Added in 5.0 for battlegrounds.

I have no doubt that the new feature is the ability to downscale yourself to run low level dungeons at the appropriate character and ilvl. There are a lot of questions, like will you be able to queue for it? Will there be rewards/gear/vp?

It answers all of the real dev hints

1. Most people will go meh about it because most of us have already run those dungeons to death.
    2. It doesn´t really have a huge impact on the overall game (unless it is a major source of gear or vp, which I doubt)
    3. It will open up a lot of content, especially for players who leveled using BGs or questing. There are probably a ton of players out there who have never done a bunch of dungeons, and if there is a queue system, they can now do them with a reasonable amount of challenge
    4. Mentoring is a feature in many other games

Given all the "die, Garrosh, die" spirit and the "give thy enemy ye helping hand" thing that is going on in Kalindor, it is kinda obvious (to me) that this new feature is cross faction groups.

Now, even though I would personally love such a novelty, I'm sure there are lots of people who will hate it with a passion...

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    My word GC has no clue how to handle Twitter.
    Not really, it was mostly fansites who began these conversations using only half of his tweets. He said that HE personally was excited about this feature, but then almost immediately said that most players wouldn´t be very impressed. The second one was barely mentioned on fansites. And then there is the constant misquote. They said that it WOULD NOT be on the same scale as LFR or LFD as far as impact on the game.. but many threads on fansites keep saying the exact opposite.

It is basically like most rumors.. it started out on twitter, but it grew to a monster on the fansites and turned into something completely different than was orginally said.