10M Heroic JiKun tips

Hello Community
    sorry about the grammar mistakes in my following post. English is my second language.

We tried Ji-Kun heroic and will do it again next week. Any tips would be apreciated

( our group is mostly around 520ilvl + with a lot of 2/4 set bonuses)

1st Question. Should we do it with 2 healers or 3. I saw some people arguing it's easier with 2 healers and you will only have a maximum of 9 nest if your dps are good.(which is our case). Would it be way more easier? And at the 9th nest if the boss is around 30% we should burn him down after a feed young buff. And if you're doing it with 2 healers, how do you handle Quill for those on the platform(personnal cooldown + healtstone is enough??).

2nd question. if we go 3 healer, we should have around 11-12 nests. So my composition would be.

g1 - 2 dps (Hunter, Mage + healer + one extra dps for the feather on nest 1-3)
    g2 - 1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer (tank, enh Shaman, warlock, healer)

and the nest rotation would be.
    1 = g1
    2 = g2
    3 = g1
    4 = g2
    5 = g1
    6 = g1
    7 = g1
    8 = g2
    *9 = g2
    *10 = g1
    11 = g1
    12 = g2 ( if required )
    * both group is going

Thx for your help
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-06-03 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can 3 heal it and go 9 nests no problem. have your single floating dps get a feather on plat 1 and 3. if you have 1 charge left and you get another feather it gets you 4 charges.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    I would recommend 2 healers, and 1 of them going to all platforms.

Simplest way is just have 1 healer and 2 dps who go to every platform, and 1 tank needs to go on 2/4/8. Then after 9, use bloodlust and stay on the boss.

It's not optimal because you can't catch feeds with this, but with your itemlevel this boss should not be much of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylviana View Post

g1 - 2 dps (Hunter, Mage + healer + one extra dps for the feather on nest 1-3)
    g2 - 1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer (tank, enh Shaman, warlock, healer)

and the nest rotation would be.
    1 = g1
    2 = g2
    3 = g1
    4 = g2
    5 = g1
    6 = g1
    7 = g1
    8 = g2
    *9 = g1
    *10 = g2
    11 = g1
    12 = g2 ( if required )
    * both group is going

Thx for your help
    That looks similar to what we're doing:
    g1: 2 dps
    g2: 3 dps
    1 healer takes all nests and the tank just goes independently to the nests that are needed. Two healers on the platform.
    We have g1 take nest 12 and even 13-14 if the boss isn't low enough (enrage=nest16). Works pretty well, another popular tactic is burning the boss after nest8 since all dps will have flying stacks for the nutrients at that point.

My group 2 heals it with a resto shaman and resto druid. Resto druid stays on main platform and resto shaman goes to only the nests where there will be a quills/guardian (2,4,8,12. Note: dps on nest 6 & 11 are back at the main platform before quills, if your dps on nests is too low this may not be viable for you).
    For healing cds we use:
    Resto druid uses tranq - 1st quills, tree - 2nd, shaman HT -3rd repeat until fight is over

As for nest rotations the only difference is we have g2 go to 9 and g1 go to 10 because flying to the upper nest from lower 8 is more trouble then it is worth, it is easier just to have g1 on the main platform head up there.

Awesome. Thx a bunch for these tips. I think we will 2 heals it. It should be easier with the dps we have.

I do recommend 2 heal but this is nothing wrong about 3 heal ofc. The good thing about 2 heal is that you get the hardest part of nest mechanic out of the picture, with is 9th and 10th nests. That's why we switched to 2 heal after first night attempt, and spent a bit getting used to 2 heal, then just one shot her every week. For nest group (g2) without a healer, you should bring dps who can take care of themselves during quills (hybrid classes mostly, just stay on nest during quills and spam heal themselves). We have an ele shaman (best choice), a ret pally, and a lock which I think he uses sacrificial pact (if I recall the name right) during quills and fly quickly back to main platform for heal before shield drops. Other hybrid classes like spriest boomkin or even disc priest would do too.

The one thing that made this fight a lot easier for us was to reduce the 2nd group's from [2 dps; 1 tank; 1 heals] to [1 dps; 1 tank; 1 heals]... That 2nd dpser can still pick up the feather that he used to get (so he can get the primal nutrient buff) but instead of flying over and dpsing adds just stay on boss... That helped us push the burn phase faster so we had less of those damn birds up (the soft enrage).

The only exception is on platforms 9/10 (last ones) where you still need 2 dpsers to kill the eggs before they hatch & fly off.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    you can 3 heal it and go 9 nests no problem. have your single floating dps get a feather on plat 1 and 3. if you have 1 charge left and you get another feather it gets you 4 charges.
    Will this only happen if you are at 1 charge or can you get capped at 4 with any number of charges?

10+ Year Old Account
    it has a cap of 4 and will only happen if you have 1 charge left
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

We downed this last week and we used 3 healers. After the 8th nest we just decided to burn the boss and it went well. Our healing comp was myself (rdruid), monk and pally. Our Pally went to the nest's and the monk and myself stayed on the platform the entire fight. We found that for Quills, my Tranq was not up for the third one, it ends up being available for the 4th Quills during the burn phase.

Overall once you get the hang of nest jumping and healing through Quills, it is a pretty easy HM fight.

Awesome, this is what we'll do. Ill make sure that every group have enough feather to burn the boss after the 8th nest. We have around 150-160k dps average so the burning phase shouldnt be a problem.

Deleted
    Awesome, this is what we'll do. Ill make sure that every group have enough feather to burn the boss after the 8th nest. We have around 150-160k dps average so the burning phase shouldnt be a problem.
    You can even burn from 45%+ with that dps lol.
    About the healing in burn phase, my healers reaction after our first kill: "Was that all!?" (2 healing)

Last time after the 8th nest, we had him to 55%-50% but we were learning the fight. So tonight he should be at 45% easy after the 8th nests. I will ajust my group strategy so everyone got at least 2 stackf of feather even 3 for the burn phase.

Do you have any logs I could check?

If you feel unsafe 3 heal it. Do the 8 nests and don't go upper ones from that. After 8th nest wait with hero since jikun will use downdraft during you primal nutriment so its better to wait for next feed and use Heroism where all your dps can be 100% efficient. Even if he is at 50%+ it is better to burn him down than doing more nests. We usually have 2 dps with 2 feather charges and 3 dps with 3 feather charges and he dies so fast. On progress kill took us 3 charges to burn his 50% hp. There should be 6 big ones flying at the top so it can be easily healed.

Last time after the 8th nest, we had him to 55%-50% but we were learning the fight. So tonight he should be at 45% easy after the 8th nests. I will ajust my group strategy so everyone got at least 2 stackf of feather even 3 for the burn phase.

Do you have any logs I could check?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=4705&e=5148

There is a link to our first kill. Probably not the most efficient, but like I said we 3 healed. I am the resto druid (very under geared, ilvl 496 at the time of the kill).

Hope this helps. Like the above posters have said, if you feel uncomfortable, just 3 heal it, it appears you have more then adequate dps to even three heal.

I'd recommend 2 heals or 2 1/2 heals play it safe. Burn at 20% get food buffs burn hero he will melt literally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=4705&e=5148

There is a link to our first kill. Probably not the most efficient, but like I said we 3 healed. I am the resto druid (very under geared, ilvl 496 at the time of the kill).

Hope this helps. Like the above posters have said, if you feel uncomfortable, just 3 heal it, it appears you have more then adequate dps to even three heal.
    Thx a bunch!

This is our last sunday log. Hes so easy now that after the 2nd nest we burned him til the end in normal mode.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=757&e=994
    Last edited by Evolution69; 2013-06-04 at 03:11 PM.

Thank you guys for the help.

We got him down after 4 attempt. Pretty easy when you know when to burn him(after the 8th nest) We 3 healed him.

And I got my Jikun Feather thunderforged!!!

If anyone need advice on this one let me know.