Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi,

Quick question. Here is my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Vildmagedk/advanced
    I got both chest and legs tier(normal), which could give me 4set bonus, but since im FROST and i've heard frost 4-set bonus isnt so good, should i keep my current chest/legs or go for 4-set bonus?
    4-set would make me lose approx 2k haste and 300 int.

On another note: i got 110 hit to much, but i cant see how i can reduce my hit rating without losing socket bonuses, any ideas?

Thanks. And if you see anything wrong with my gems/reforge please let me know

Deleted
    I have a small issue with some certain weapons and the DPS that simulations are showing. It's a simulation of a Fire Mage with heroic Drakebinder Greatstaff, and another simulation with Heroic Juggernaut's Power Core + non-Heroic Warforged Rik'kal's Bloody Scalpel. Normally you'd think that the Greatstaff loses by miles compared with the off-hand and dagger, but the latest version of SimulationCraft shows that the Greatstaff does actually more dps.

Ok, I guess it's a mistake on SimulationCraft, sims aren't perfect at all and shouldn't be too reliable. But I decided to check with the latest version of Rawr anyway, and guess what? Rawr also says the Greatstaff does more dps.

I don't really understand, how can a staff with spirit and mastery be better then the off-hand and dagger? Is it because the dagger isn't heroic (but staff and off-hand are), or is it simply a mistake from both simcrafts, or is there actually a reason for it? I hope someone can shine some light on this. Thanks in advance!

PS: Regardless of the weapons, hit was near 15%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellyria View Post
    I have a small issue with some certain weapons and the DPS that simulations are showing. It's a simulation of a Fire Mage with heroic Drakebinder Greatstaff, and another simulation with Heroic Juggernaut's Power Core + non-Heroic Warforged Rik'kal's Bloody Scalpel. Normally you'd think that the Greatstaff loses by miles compared with the off-hand and dagger, but the latest version of SimulationCraft shows that the Greatstaff does actually more dps.

Ok, I guess it's a mistake on SimulationCraft, sims aren't perfect at all and shouldn't be too reliable. But I decided to check with the latest version of Rawr anyway, and guess what? Rawr also says the Greatstaff does more dps.

I don't really understand, how can a staff with spirit and mastery be better then the off-hand and dagger? Is it because the dagger isn't heroic (but staff and off-hand are), or is it simply a mistake from both simcrafts, or is there actually a reason for it? I hope someone can shine some light on this. Thanks in advance!

PS: Regardless of the weapons, hit was near 15%.
    The amount of Spell power you gain from the staff is much higher + mastery compared to non-heroic wf 1h + heroic off-hand

I have been having bad luck in all my normal SoO runs this patch with not getting many drops. However Ordos has been very kind to me. The problem is I have way way way too much hit. I dropped Wush for Cha-Ye even though it is horrible for frost. Askmrrobot wants me to get all the socket bonuses except for one (on the staff) which punts me at like 16.5% hit. I was wondering if it was worth dropping some of the socket bonuses to get my hit down. I went ahead on my chest and ignored the socket bonus to get my hit down sub 16%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enfuego/simple

That is my armory any help I could get would be a great help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jccallah View Post
    I have been having bad luck in all my normal SoO runs this patch with not getting many drops. However Ordos has been very kind to me. The problem is I have way way way too much hit. I dropped Wush for Cha-Ye even though it is horrible for frost. Askmrrobot wants me to get all the socket bonuses except for one (on the staff) which punts me at like 16.5% hit. I was wondering if it was worth dropping some of the socket bonuses to get my hit down. I went ahead on my chest and ignored the socket bonus to get my hit down sub 16%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enfuego/simple

That is my armory any help I could get would be a great help.
    Nothing much you can do about poor optimisation & unlucky loot drops. Something you could try is Stam/haste gems in blue sockets instead of hit/haste.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

I'm a Fire Mage with a dilemma.

My Armory: US - Allysonna on the Bladefist realm (I can not post links yet)

I have gifts from Ordos in the form of the warforged chest and legs.

Is it worth dropping the 4-piece tier set bonus in order to utilize the gifts from Ordos?
    I have read numerous forums and received conflicting information.

I am thoroughly confused. Any / all comments and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allysonna View Post
    I'm a Fire Mage with a dilemma.

My Armory: US - Allysonna on the Bladefist realm (I can not post links yet)

I have gifts from Ordos in the form of the warforged chest and legs.

Is it worth dropping the 4-piece tier set bonus in order to utilize the gifts from Ordos?
    I have read numerous forums and received conflicting information.

I am thoroughly confused. Any / all comments and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    The RF tier chest/legs are a bit yuck but last I checked the 4set is like a 9% crit on pyro or something (haven't played fire in a while). Also neither of the pieces from Ordos have crit on them whereas all of the tier pieces do. The mastery is kinda a wasted stat on the legs. I would personally stick with the 4set because it's that good for fire but if someone that actually plays fire knows better than take their advice. :P

Something else you could also try is plugging your character into AskMrRobot and changing around the gear to see if it provides a dps bonus. It's not always correct but it can generally give you an idea of whether the item is an upgrade or not.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

Deleted
    Hello

Im new to mage, bin playing it before ofc but not in this current patch.

I have a question to wich specc i should play in the lower ilvl's

- Demandréd On tarren mill EU

Im currently Fire, i feel that it performs rather well however i do enjoy min / maxing so if frost or arcane is better please help me out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    Hello

Im new to mage, bin playing it before ofc but not in this current patch.

I have a question to wich specc i should play in the lower ilvl's

- Demandréd On tarren mill EU

Im currently Fire, i feel that it performs rather well however i do enjoy min / maxing so if frost or arcane is better please help me out.
    with your current gear you should check frost spec. You have low crit even if you gem and reforge all to crit. Also your cleave trinket sucks for fire really bad. If I recall right (correct me if Im wrong) but LFR ToT trinkets should be better than that trinket for single target.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oobyplz/simple

For frost. Dont really know if i should break my 4 pc. I got a 540 chest sitting in my bags, 3 gem slots with haste on it. Also if i get 528 LFR pieces should i still break the tier set?

Looking for some help with my frost mage. Let me know if you see any glaring issues. Help choosing trinkets would be appreciated. I hope to start Flex this week.

Baliala - US- Kil'Jaeden - Horde

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Baliala! I just looked at your armory and I'm noticing a couple things:

-You are not wearing a head or neck on your armory which is messing up your stats. Relog if you have a chance!

-You seem to be glyphed, gemmed, and reforged correctly, so I'm assuming that your hit rating is ~15% with all your gear on.

-As far as trinkets go, Purified Bindings of Immerseus is your BiS so try your best to get it! Kardris' Totem and Black Blood are pretty much tied for second.

For all else frost, I suggest going through the guides others have posted. Akraen has a great guide on the finer points of gearing out and maximizing your frost mage's potential. I can't post links yet, but you'll always find it somewhere on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstorm View Post
    Hi Baliala! I just looked at your armory and I'm noticing a couple things:

-You are not wearing a head or neck on your armory which is messing up your stats. Relog if you have a chance!

-You seem to be glyphed, gemmed, and reforged correctly, so I'm assuming that your hit rating is ~15% with all your gear on.

-As far as trinkets go, Purified Bindings of Immerseus is your BiS so try your best to get it! Kardris' Totem and Black Blood are pretty much tied for second.

For all else frost, I suggest going through the guides others have posted. Akraen has a great guide on the finer points of gearing out and maximizing your frost mage's potential. I can't post links yet, but you'll always find it somewhere on the first page.
    Haha. I was updating this character to Openraid when you checked me out. Luckily I was able to pick up the flex version of PBoI this evening. Thanks for taking a look. I figured since I have warforged Black Blood I would use that over LFR Totem. I have been having so much fun playing mage this tier.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on the PBoI! Now you can join the rest of us by cursing at it when it doesn't proc at the beginning of the fight and ruins your cooldowns haha

Deleted
    So I just came back to wow, rerolled mage, and leveled up three days ago.

I'm just curious, how is my gear so far for frost spec?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eevee/advanced

I have no idea how much dps i should be pulling with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    So I just came back to wow, rerolled mage, and leveled up three days ago.

I'm just curious, how is my gear so far for frost spec?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eevee/advanced

I have no idea how much dps i should be pulling with this.
    Just keep working at Haste and Mastery. You are .3% over hit cap so you can afford to drop some hit. I would probably expect 115k-130k dps. It is good you have your 2 set, and the Night Sky belt most likely won't be replaced for awhile so good on that.

Also love your name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Just keep working at Haste and Mastery. You are .3% over hit cap so you can afford to drop some hit. I would probably expect 115k-130k dps. It is good you have your 2 set, and the Night Sky belt most likely won't be replaced for awhile so good on that.

Also love your name.
    Thank you
    Yup I'm at around 130-140k in lfr with my current gear, hoping I get lucky in SoO later on for some more tier or maybe the immerseus trinket.

Hey all,

Don't see if anyone has answered this question. For Frost, is the T16 4pc set with the bonus of the icy boulder worth it over a higher level item with more haste and mastery?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

No!
    At least last I checked, myself prioritize mastery/haste off-pieces, I`ll maybe use the 4-set if I get 4 hc tier-pieces.
    twitter.com/the_narsha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buel View Post
    Hey all,

Don't see if anyone has answered this question. For Frost, is the T16 4pc set with the bonus of the icy boulder worth it over a higher level item with more haste and mastery?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    T16 4 pc if equal item level. Otherwise higher ilvl takes priority.