Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Solution for "burn out"

A lot of people seem very concern about being "forced" to do both LFR and Flex in addition to normal/heroic.

I propose "raid tokens". Enter and save to normal? One token gone. Enter LFR or Flex? Another token gone.

You get 2 tokens a week. This means you can do normal/heroic + LFR or Flex (but not both as you would need 3 tokens for that) or LFR + Flex (can't do normal/heroic for the week).

Problem solved.

And hurt all those who love to raid and want to raid more than 2 times a week ?

Then noone would do LFR, as it is a lower Ilevel. If you're gonna get burnt out.. don't do one of the things.. that simple.. if you get burnt out, take a break. No other way around it really.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And hurt all those who love to raid and want to raid more than 2 times a week ?
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Then noone would do LFR, as it is a lower Ilevel. If you're gonna get burnt out.. don't do one of the things.. that simple.. if you get burnt out, take a break. No other way around it really.
    :s

I just can't win can I?

Blizzard has already put in VP caps to prevent players from killing themselves - probably also to prevent them from blowing through it all within a week. One more cap won't make a difference. I believe they want to keep player power progression roughly the same, Flex being another additional source of gear will upset that. Cap it to 2 raid modes of each tier would fix it and it won't be any change from now.

I am experiencing some burnout on raiding over the past couple of weeks but I just play other games and cut LFR entirely out of my WoW play time so now I haven't done it in over a month and I have no regrets. Raiding is the only thing I log on to WoW for now and all other time I just spend doing stuff in RL or playing other games and it keeps the game relatively fresh for me because I don't feel the need to do anything in the game now except for raiding.

People just need to recognise that they don't have to do all versions of the raid every week to be the best.
    Last edited by Millennía; 2013-06-09 at 11:21 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I am experiencing some burnout on raiding over the past couple of weeks but I just play other games and cut LFR entirely out of my WoW play time so now I haven't done it in over a month and I have no regrets.
    Well, some players don't have that level of "self-control" as can be seen from the Flex preview post.

Blizzard is fighting against "market forces" here, "If there is loot on the table, players will try to grab it.".

Restricting everyone to 2 (any two) would solve it and give plenty of choice in which ones they would like to do.

PS: I understand Blizzard is reluctant to "nanny" the player base, it has backfired as often as it worked. It's their call. Just proposing a solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Problem solved.
    No the solution to "burnout" is to take a break and realize wow isnt a job that gets u anywhere...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    No the solution to "burnout" is to take a break and realize wow isnt a job that gets u anywhere...
    Heh. Blizzard imposed break for those who can't help themselves. /shrug

Well, some players don't have that level of "self-control" as can be seen from the Flex preview post.

Blizzard is fighting against "market forces" here, "If there is loot on the table, players will try to grab it.".

Restricting everyone to 2 (any two) would solve it and give plenty of choice in which ones they would like to do.

PS: I understand Blizzard is reluctant to "nanny" the player base, it has backfired as often as it worked. It's their call. Just proposing a solution.
    I agree that restrictions would solve the issue. Personally I think that flex and LFR should share a lockout and let LFR be for people that can't play within a schedule and flex can be for people who can raid in a schedule but aren't geared/capable of taking on the harder bosses in normal and heroic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that restrictions would solve the issue. Personally I think that flex and LFR should share a lockout and let LFR be for people that can't play within a schedule and flex can be for people who can raid in a schedule but aren't geared/capable of taking on the harder bosses in normal and heroic.
    Why share a lock out? LFR players might want to try their luck and PUG Flex - great way for established guilds to scout for potential recruits.

Using "tokens" would restrict normal players and prevent (some of) them from grinding themselves into the hospital, yet allow LFR players to try out Flex.

People just need to recognise that they don't have to do all versions of the raid every week to be the best.
    But that's just not true. If you want to be the best at what you're doing, you have to do those things to maintain an edge. Obviously it's not forced, but if we're talking about the choice to be the best, then these side activities may as well be forced.

Fortunately, Flex sounds like it's a bit of fun, assuming it's also going to be forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    People who want 100% should do 100% withing crying. Seriously if you are a top gamer behave like one. If you feel forced you are not top.
    Your mistake is assuming that because someone has a criticism, they don't already enjoy what they're criticizing and want to see it improved.
    Last edited by Frogged; 2013-06-09 at 11:36 AM.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

Deleted
    People who want 100% should do 100% without crying. Seriously if you are a top gamer behave like one. If you feel forced you are not top.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2013-06-09 at 11:40 AM.

A lot of people seem very concern about being "forced" to do both LFR and Flex in addition to normal/heroic.

I propose "raid tokens". Enter and save to normal? One token gone. Enter LFR or Flex? Another token gone.

You get 2 tokens a week. This means you can do normal/heroic + LFR or Flex (but not both as you would need 3 tokens for that) or LFR + Flex (can't do normal/heroic for the week).

Problem solved.
    better solution;
    feeling burn out? take a break.

don't want to raid as much? don't

see how easy that is, without removing choice and options for others?

I don't like to smoke; I don't ban smoking ... I have friends and family that enjoy it.

I hate alcohol and what it does to people in excess; I don't ban alcohol, limit people's consumption ... I just don't drink myself nor do I go to places where people generally drink heavily.

I don't like watching sports; I don't insist there is a limit to how many games other people can watch a day/week; I just don't watch them.

I like bacon; I don't want you telling me I can only eat it once or twice a week, just because you don't have self control to eat a couple pieces in moderation instead of a pack or two a day.

Don't punish the crowd because some people have no self control. Simple.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    better solution;
    feeling burn out? take a break.

don't want to raid as much? don't

see how easy that is, without removing choice and options for others?

I don't like to smoke; I don't ban smoking ... I have friends and family that enjoy it.

I hate alcohol and what it does to people in excess; I don't ban alcohol, limit people's consumption ... I just don't drink myself nor do I go to places where people generally drink heavily.

I don't like watching sports; I don't insist there is a limit to how many games other people can watch a day/week; I just don't watch them.

I like bacon; I don't want you telling me I can only eat it once or twice a week, just because you don't have self control to eat a couple pieces in moderation instead of a pack or two a day.

Don't punish the crowd because some people have no self control. Simple.
    Look you don't have to tell me that. I don't even raid normal. :x

Just trying to stem the whining about Flex. The "just don't do them" approach doesn't seem to be acceptable to them.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Problem solved.
    How about we just choose if you want to raid all 3 of LFR/Flex/Reg mode or just 1 or 2 of them ? Will power ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Can this thread just be about how awesome bacon is ?

Just trying to stem the whining about Flex. The "just don't do them" approach doesn't seem to be acceptable to them.
    You can't fix stupidity.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-06-09 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Your mistake is assuming that because someone has a criticism, they don't already enjoy what they're criticizing and want to see it improved.
    So you burn out from things you are enjoying? That's not logical at all. Burn out is a result of undermined urge. I believe you just rephrased it because it sounds better "to improve" something instead of plainly saying "I dislike it as it is, yet I am doing it".

:s

Blizzard has already put in VP caps to prevent players from killing themselves - probably also to prevent them from blowing through it all within a week. .
    And there are many people me also included who hate caps anywhere cause i dont mind extensive famring for week or 2 just to never have to farm again in future week after week.

You should be smart enough to know you can't stop the whining. Why bother to try?

Allowed to run all difficulties? (Waa burnout!!!)
    Not allowed to run all difficulties? (Wtf Blizz you nanny state!!!)
    Blizz send a blond around to pleasure you if you sign up for a year (WTF blizz I prefer brunettes qq!!!)

People will always moan about something. It's in their DNA on these forums and the mods allow the qq even if it is badly thought out or downright ridiculous. It's not going to change.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You should be smart enough to know you can't stop the whining. Why bother to try?

Allowed to run all difficulties? (Waa burnout!!!)
    Not allowed to run all difficulties? (Wtf Blizz you nanny state!!!)
    Blizz send a blond around to pleasure you if you sign up for a year (WTF blizz I prefer brunettes qq!!!)

People will always moan about something. It's in their DNA on these forums and the mods allow the qq even if it is badly thought out or downright ridiculous. It's not going to change.
    /sigh

Maybe you are right. It's a fool's errand. :/

I don't understand how it's really an issue, LFR and flex will be a waste of time if you just keep doing normal and ignore them. At the start there may be a higher desire to get the lfr/flex gear but the way progression works you will eventually cut one or both out.

I personally haven't been doing LFR for a long time now, I started doing the 3rd part for a chance at the new pet but I really don't force myself to burn out over something like that.

In the end people just need self control, if their goal is to play hard and burn out then take a few months off that will be their choice.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.