Page 10 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Problem is, going around telling people
    "Sorry but you cannot see the latest raid tier with your current level, please either L2P or wait until you outgear it or increase in level cap and try again", and see how many people will be left playing.
    A lot of people I notice using "if you don't like/can't handle it, don't play".
    Blizzard is a business, their ultimate goal is to make money.
    Compare people that can clear HC current tier, and people that either can't, or can barely finish normal, which has the higher population? That is the one Blizzard is going to cater for.
    And the same statement work both ways "if you don't like it, don't play"
    Well, actually that worked up until they started cheapening raids at the end of WoTLK when the decline started.
    And no, no one is trying to say "can't do it, don't play" what they want (and as a business) is "can't do it? play until you can."
    As a "business" it's good, always having something to look forward too.
    Honestly, I don't care about the business aspect of it because we all know that greed compromises integrity on any level.
    But if you really want to go there to win this argument then I'll play ball.

So what if HC population is small in comparison? They just get to see it first. Your time will come when you L2P or wait for the gear to nerf it for you. The point is to tease you and make you WANT to go for it because it's so much sweeter and more addicting than things like LFR and easy Dungeons you plow through and get pissed at your drops.

I also want to address your remark on "best rewards."
    But ilvl upgrades are nice but by no means an appropriate reward for the effort. Do you know why? Because it all eventually becomes inefectual as the tiers progress. So I just destroyed your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Because in a game that's dependent on gear to do anything, it's NOT fun to be completely outclassed by people who might not even be better, but are simply better geared. That's the whole point. I don't give a crap about the reward aspect, but those rewards are a prerequisite to fun.
    What? So you need epics to have fun? It used to be the fun was in getting the epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Nope. I considered epics as a reward for raiding. Now they are more common than green items. And what I wanted to say before was that most people don't care because they look the same. The majority will be content with "Staff of death Ilvl350" if it looks the same as "Staff of death Ilvl400".
    With transmorph, I don't think gear looks matter that much. And Ilvl's are a huge part of the game. Gear colour is irrelevant, it doesn't affect game play.
    Yes, the majority will be content with lower gear, since they don't or can't do normal raiding. That is not a problem.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 02:15 AM ----------

What? So you need epics to have fun? It used to be the fun was in getting the epics.
    To enjoy other aspects of the game, yes I need gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    My question is different from the question the OP posed;

'Why do people care about what players they never come into contact with do?'

Every time I see a thread like this, I just can't come up with an awnser. So, please, enlighten me. Why do you feel the need to have 'exclusive' content? Why don't you ignore people that have nothing to do with you and enjoy the game's end-game content at whichever level you want, be it LFR, normal or heroic? Why do you feel Blizzard should to cater to a small percentage of the game's population while basically giving a big 'Screw you for enjoying the game at your own level instead of spending untold numbers of hours in-game!'?

Simply put; Whats the drive behind wanting exclusive content besides showing of your e-peen while sitting on a high horse?

Now, don't get me wrong, I've recently started heroic progression myself. But I don't feel the need to exclude people from seeing content just because they lack skill/time/patience/have 3 kids/[insert random stuff]. Mostly because it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I still get to see all content on the level at which I enjoy most. And I don't need to have an epeen measuring contest by having some form of 'exclusive' content.

I'm seriously puzzled by this stuff...
    I completely agree with this post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    And if you diden't enjoy sheduled rading, well tough luck. You're now stuck in same gear for the entire expo, just like the other 90% of the players that hit lvl 90. It sure is fun being stuck in gear 120~ ilvl's below hc raiders(in 5.4)! I just love not being be-able to progress my character, and never progress on some the things I do in the game that require gear(brawlers guild/solo'ing).

WoW would truly be an amazing game.
    If you don't enjoy raiding then don't raid. But it's better to complain to Blizz to give you free Epics, which you of course enjoy. If you don't enjoy to raid you don't need epics, simple as that. And I don't even know what you mean by 2not being able to progress", because you were always able to progress in WoW if you put some effort into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW you guys are so funny. I have never wore the best epic, and I was fine with that. I have no need for epics, I just want a good game, and a sense of proggression. The thing is the game was first ment to have a sense of proggression. Which got thrown out of the window in Wotlk, and got changed to acommodate players like you. And now when some says how the game has changed he wants it tailored for himself?
    Players like me? You have no idea of how accomplished I am or aren't.

If you want a sense of progression, then do raids. Or challenge modes. Or brawler's guild. Or PvP. If you want hard progression, do Heroic raids, or go for rated PvP.

I'd imagine that most people that don't raid don't do so because they "just don't want to," it's because they can't. Either because they can't conform to a raiding schedule, they can't find a raiding guild, or a myriad of other factors that are thoroughly unrelated to LFR and other such developments.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-06-08 at 12:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted

[/COLOR]
    To enjoy other aspects of the game, yes I need gear.
    Which aspects?

Deleted
    Well, in all honesty, I don't mind too much about the 'exclusive' content since they introduced LFR, as I can now do the raids (albeit easy, toned down versions). I don't feel I'm missing out on all that much with the Normal and Heroic raids. We do also have four outdoor bosses you can easily find groups for and get the higher iLevel gear!

I used to lead a raiding guild right from near the beginning of Vanilla right through to the end of WotLK, but have had to spend considerably less time playing because of work commitments. One hitting 85 in Cata I pretty much had naff all to do once getting the best gear I could with my circumstances! So, with the introduction on LFR at the end of Cata it really did improve the quality of gameplay for a lot of people like myself.

However much I might have enjoyed Vanilla and BC, I doubt I would still be playing the game now if it hadn't changed like it had

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    because they're jealous
    This is the reason. Plain and simply.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't enjoy raiding then don't raid. But it's better to complain to Blizz to give you free Epics, which you of course enjoy. If you don't enjoy to raid you don't need epics, simple as that. And I don't even know what you mean by 2not being able to progress", because you were always able to progress in WoW if you put some effort into it.
    Progress my characters. In cata I geared up 7 chars(for 9 different specs) for both PvP and PvE. Simply becease I enjoyed it.
    I also need gear to do the brawler's guild and for solo'ing old content.

Who are you to decide what I can and what I can't enjoy? I've been enjoying this game for over 8 years now. And raiding was only part of it in a few weeks in 3.3.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 02:20 AM ----------

Which aspects?
    Grinding mobs(it goes faster), brawlers guild, solo'ing, the gearing up itself.

The LFR players get gear that is 39 ivl's below hc raiders, its rather far from the 'best gear in the game'.
    I know right? Its not like its also epic and uses the same model....oh wait

Nope. I considered epics as a reward for raiding.
    That you also get for dailies, killing rares, scenarios, and dungeons. Dang remember the QQ storm when WotLK and Cata heroics didnt drop epics. Would have been a laugh if Blizzard caved in and made them epics of the same ilvl. Though blue shards would have been very rare if that happened. I am glad Blizzard placed in the enchanting conversion system from the get go in MoP instead of waiting until the problem got really bad. It is silly how players can get so worked up on the color of gear. If the color of gear is going to get you to stop running content then perhaps you dont really enjoy that content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Well, actually that worked up until they started cheapening raids at the end of WoTLK when the decline started.
    And no, no one is trying to say "can't do it, don't play" what they want (and as a business) is "can't do it? play until you can."
    It would be a bit of a conflict when the consumer goes "can't do it? I will quit then", which is the mentality of a lot of the next gen gamers.

Honestly, I don't care about the business aspect of it because we all know that greed compromises integrity on any level.
    But if you really want to go there to win this argument then I'll play ball.
    Why this cannot be used as an argument when ultimately, money is why Blizzard is here? They didn't make Vanilla WoW out of kindness either.

So what if HC population is small in comparison? They just get to see it first. Your time will come when you L2P or wait for the gear to nerf it for you. The point is to tease you and make you WANT to go for it because it's so much sweeter and more addicting than things like LFR and easy Dungeons you plow through and get pissed at your drops.
    I find working and wiping on a HC boss is fun, don't get me wrong.

But I know a lot of people won't, and telling them to wait for it to get nerf, see back point 1.

I also want to address your remark on "best rewards."
    But ilvl upgrades are nice but by no means an appropriate reward for the effort. Do you know why? Because it all eventually becomes inefectual as the tiers progress. So I just destroyed your argument.
    How is ilvl not matter (I assume that is what you mean by "ineffectual?), as the tier progress, the gap might lessen, but they won't catch up, so difference is still there. Also the Heroic tag on the gear. So you are a HC raider that didn't care about ilvl?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Gear colour is not important at all. And I don't really care about how gear looks(I transmorph it anyway). For all I care they changed the item models on LFR gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    This is the reason. Plain and simply.
    I think most people could give a rat's ass what someone else is doing. They just want something to do themselves.

You think someone wants a frostwyrm mount because they want people to think that they cleared Lich King 25 achievements back when it was contemporary? Hell no. They want a frostwyrm mount because they look kick-ass.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what how they look, it is the stats that matters.

If you care about look more than stats, well, sucks to be you because it doesn't look like the model is changing anytime soon.

If people would want to get gear for looks, they'd play some "Dress the Barbie" game. Perhaps such people also play WoW, but WoW isn't really about being "Barbie" game.

And 39 ilvls is a rather huge difference. If to not say immense. It's difference like between KZ geared and SWP geared (entire lv70 raid tiers ilvl difference). In 1 tier.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-06-08 at 12:29 AM.

The people who don't like that items and rewards are 'exclusive' are simply spoilt, jealous and greedy.
    You've unwittingly made the argument in favour of casual friendly content. The only people crying about it are the few who get the items and rewards and titles and achievements long before anyone else has a hope of getting (or will ever get).

When LFR drops the same items as heroic, you might have half a valid argument against casual friendly design. Otherwise, keep on crying.

And again, another Jaylock troll thread. People fall for it 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You think someone wants a frostwyrm mount because they want people to think that they cleared Lich King 25 achievements back when it was contemporary? Hell no. They want a frostwyrm mount because they look kick-ass.
    Guilty >.>;

I stopped using it once it hit Cata and people went back and farmed it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    If people would want to get gear for looks, they'd play some "Dress the Barbie" game. Perhaps such people also play WoW, but WoW isn't really about being "Barbie" game.
    WoW has introduced Barbie Dressing game though, it is called transmog :P

Deleted
    Progress my characters. In cata I geared up 7 chars(for 9 different specs) for both PvP and PvE. Simply becease I enjoyed it.
    I also need gear to do the brawler's guild and for solo'ing old content.

Who are you to decide what I can and what I can't enjoy? I've been enjoying this game for over 8 years now. And raiding was only part of it in a few weeks in 3.3.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 02:20 AM ----------

Grinding mobs(it goes faster), brawlers guild, solo'ing, the gearing up itself.
    Ok, so you gear your characters. I agree it's fun but only when there is a sense of reward. Playing WoW in WotlK was getting to 80, getting full epic gear from completely faceroll dungeons and then you were ready to kill the Lich King. If it works for you than ok, but I enjoyed TBC more. Also again you use the argument that I am imposing something upon you, when that is how the game was actually designed at first. To give you a reward for your trouble. Players who cried for free epics actually imposed their style upon people like me. Also the other thing you listed are irelevant to having epic gear.