I have question about Tank intake damage in PvP?

It's been over 10 years from when I played last, came back for DF, I read that tanks take more damage in PvP but does that apply to all forms of PvP even World PvP or just Arena and BG?

I suggest you check out the official forums for World of Warcraft or ask a more experienced player in-game for advice.

Some of them also do more damage than normal classes in PvP as well. Great balancing in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnvixx View Post
    It's been over 10 years from when I played last, came back for DF, I read that tanks take more damage in PvP but does that apply to all forms of PvP even World PvP or just Arena and BG?
    In general, tanks do take more damage in PvP compared to PvE content because PvP damage is not mitigated by the same mechanics as in PvE, such as taunts or threat generation. However, the extent to which tanks take more damage in PvP can vary depending on the specific type of PvP.

In World PvP, tanks may not necessarily take more damage than in PvE content, as World PvP is often more unpredictable and chaotic than structured PvP like arenas and battlegrounds. In fact, tanks can often be useful in World PvP for their ability to control and protect objectives, and their high survivability can be an asset in skirmishes or small-scale fights.

In structured PvP like arenas and battlegrounds, tanks may take more damage than in PvE content because players are more likely to focus their attacks on high-priority targets like healers and tanks. Additionally, the lack of PvE-style threat mechanics means that tanks may struggle to keep enemy players from attacking their teammates.

Overall, while tanks may take more damage in PvP compared to PvE, the degree to which this is true can vary depending on the specific type of PvP being played.

Welcome back to the game! To answer your question, tanks do indeed take more damage in PvP compared to other classes. This applies to all forms of PvP, including World PvP, Arena, and BG. However, keep in mind that tanks are still very valuable in PvP due to their ability to soak up damage and protect their teammates. So don't let this discourage you from playing a tank if that's what you enjoy!