View Poll Results: Do you agree with Snowden's Asylum in Russia?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Agree

68 70.83%
  • No not agree

13 13.54%
  • Don't know

3 3.13%
  • Don't care

12 12.50%
Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope my F.E.M.A. camp has WI-FI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure why this is such a shock to everyone lately..notice the date on this article
    http://yahoo.usatoday.com/news/washi...5-10-nsa_x.htm

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I'm not really sure why this is such a shock to everyone lately..notice the date on this article
    http://yahoo.usatoday.com/news/washi...5-10-nsa_x.htm
    Glad the guy gave up his future, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Glad the guy gave up his future, heh.
    I'm glad he did too, it was for the greater good of the American public.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

This man is a fucking hero. The real criminals here are the people that support a surveillance state.
    Oh aye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    I'm glad he did too, it was for the greater good of the American public.
    Yes, the greater good. And what is the American public going to do about it? Stop using their cell phones? Because I can assure they won't collectively use their voices to try and have this program stopped, and even if they did..the program would continue to go on.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    In fact, he will be enjoying the notoriety and money that will be coming his way.
    Isn't that the american dream?

OT: The world needs more guys like Snowden.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Any society that would give up liberty to gain security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin
    Every time I see that quote, I just picture Benjamin Franklin accepting a cup of hot tea from his slave soon after saying that quote.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 07:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    More background information about the whistleblower

1. He is 29 years old and grew up in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. He later moved to Maryland with his family, according to The Guardian, near NSA headquarters. Most recently, he lived in Hawaii with his girlfriend.

2. Snowden works for Booz Allen Hamilton, a major American security contractor, as an infrastructure analyst for the NSA. In a brief statement with regards to the leaked files, the company wrote:

Booz Allen can confirm that Edward Snowden, 29, has been an employee of our firm for less than 3 months, assigned to a team in Hawaii. News reports that this individual has claimed to have leaked classified information are shocking, and if accurate, this action represents a grave violation of the code of conduct and core values of our firm. We will work closely with our clients and authorities in their investigation of this matter.

3. His was making a salary of roughly $200,000, according to various reports.

4. He is a former technical officer with the CIA, according to the Guardian. He also previously worked with Dell Inc.

5. He told the Washington Post that he does not have a high school diploma, but reports say he earned a GED.

6. He said he had “full access to the full rosters of everyone working at the NSA, the entire intelligence community, and undercover assets all around the world.”

7. According to the Atlantic, Snowden tried to join the U.S. Army Special Forces.

8. He didn’t vote for Obama in 2008. (He didn’t vote for John McCain either.) He told the Guardian he voted for a third party, but didn’t say which one.

9. According to Campaignmoney.com, an Edward Snowden donated $500 to Ron Paul’s presidential bid in 2012. Ron Paul is a staunch libertarian who lost the nomination of the Republican Party in favour of Mitt Romney.

10. Snowden is seeking asylum, ideally in Iceland, but is now staying in Hong Kong. He is hoping to avoid extradition to the United States. In an interview over the course of several days with The Guardian, he said: “I think it is really tragic that an American has to move to a place that has a reputation for less freedom. Still, Hong Kong has a reputation for freedom in spite of the People’s Republic of China. It has a strong tradition of free speech.”
    I love how you're upset over the "tapping" of personal information... and yet you're more than eager to publish this guy's own personal background information when you find it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    We all know they took it too far and what's legal is what WE let them do.

Obamaites seem to have a problem with anything that reflects poorly on the worst president ever, that is you.
    ...words cannot even describe how insufferably desperately exaggerated this statement is.

EDIT: Unless you're thinking your so-called "Obamaites" are actively defending George W. Bush for some reason...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-10 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Every time I see that quote, I just picture Benjamin Franklin accepting a cup of hot tea from his slave soon after saying that quote.
    or I picture the mouth breather who didn't use THE WHOLE QUOTE; "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." though I will allow that makes it more applicable in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    or I picture the mouth breather who didn't use THE WHOLE QUOTE; "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." though I will allow that makes it more applicable in this context.
    I had not known that... thank you - I'm going to look that up now. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Now the real question is,,,, How will Issa tie Snowden to Obama.

That is the job of Faux news. i am sure they will have it figured out by the time the fox and clowns starts at 6am only 3hrs left. That aside folks that are willing to give up EVERYTHING for what is right are the true heroes of todays world, Manning and Snowden are todays true heroes just like Ellsberg was a true hero in the early 70s when he had the courage to release the pentagon papers about the Vietnam war

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    That is the job of Faux news. i am sure they will have it figured out by the time the fox and clowns starts at 6am only 3hrs left. That aside folks that are willing to give up EVERYTHING for what is right are the true heroes of todays world, Manning and Snowden are todays true heroes just like Ellsberg was a true hero in the early 70s when he had the courage to release the pentagon papers about the Vietnam war
    Susan Rice obviously.

Here's a funny satire, of surveillance going too far.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres this fine line we're not supposed to cross with regards to privacy vs security? We cry when the feds to this, but we also cry "ya'll didn't do enough!" when things like Boston happen.

just where is this line? Or is this a case of we want our cake and eat it too kind of scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Wheres this fine line we're not supposed to cross with regards to privacy vs security? We cry when the feds to this, but we also cry "ya'll didn't do enough!" when things like Boston happen.
    I think a better criticism is that it didn't prevent the Boston bombing. personally I'd take the added .000005% increased risk of dying to a terrorist attack over the government having the power to overlook a very short, and clear amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    How big of a step is it to get the names associated with the numbers?
    Getting the name requires a subpoena to the call carrier just as it always has. All they have are phone numbers. Unless of course you think that some guy has the job to call every number on the list and ask "WHO IS THIS?!" and write their name next to the number...

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Getting the name requires a subpoena to the call carrier just as it always has. All they have are phone numbers. Unless of course you think that some guy has the job to call every number on the list and ask "WHO IS THIS?!" and write their name next to the number...
    hey are phone books still a thing? area codes? its not THAT hard to figure out who's number it belongs to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Enough is enough. Last decade in washington has given us the patriot act, NDAA, Surveliance drones on american soil an estimated 10,000 of them will be in use by 2015 if congress approves. These are not small sacrifices for a greater good, this is the continuation of tyranny on americans, on american soil. If we do not draw the line in the sand and voice our opposition to this, what liberty's do we deserve?
    This. To add to this, this is not an american problem alone as the USA seems to spy on foreigners too. So even if you, americans, want your police state, I, here, do not want USA to be my police.

Also, how can people support this idea? Use your brains please. I did say, this is a slippery slope and you're heading to a police kind of state when the USA tried to impose the SOPA and ACTA and whatever, then people said the slippery slope was a falacy in this case... well guess you were wrong people who said that, since your government wants drones on your land to survey you, already hacks your private info and listens to all your conversations without warrants and so on.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is if they're using the information to attack more than terrorism...

I mean, if they are finding way more pedophiles with this kind of information at their fingertips, it may change how I feel about it.

But hey, I'm Canadian. I guess my opinion on this isn't really important on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    What I want to know is if they're using the information to attack more than terrorism...

I mean, if they are finding way more pedophiles with this kind of information at their fingertips, it may change how I feel about it.

But hey, I'm Canadian. I guess my opinion on this isn't really important on this matter.
    well chances are they are listening in on you just like they are in Europe. so your opinion may very well be "important".