Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    Well, I haven't tried battletron yet and I was told that the stampede burst and the pet heals from stampede were needed to down this brawler boss.
    Well back when he was first released he was pretty difficult. But if you have some Throne of Thunder LFR gear you should be fine now. Might want to grab a healing potion and spirit beast just in case. You can Deterrence the first 2-ish bombs (although I forgot how) and after that you only need to outheal his basic lightning attacks. Spirit Bond should take care of that for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by omnii View Post
    Considering I've done it multiple times, I'd say that it is significant. Personally I think everyone is over-thinking this stampede nerf, it was more of a hit for pvpers, which was the point of the change. It really isn't that big of a deal, our sustained dps is going to be the same if not better. The only people in PvE that will really feel like they took a "hit" are the people who can burst for like 400k and then at the end of the fight will be doing 130k.
    Its not that they nerfed it, its that it is useless now. I mean I hated it as soon as they gave into RPers that wanted a way to call more pets to battle for a short period of time. but now its absolute crap for a 87 ability. Blizzard probably wont change it out for a useful ability either.

I think at this point they should make Stampede not work in Arenas like Lay on Hands and Bloodlust don't. Then they can revert it back to it's original design.

Quote Originally Posted by omnii View Post
    Considering I've done it multiple times, I'd say that it is significant. Personally I think everyone is over-thinking this stampede nerf, it was more of a hit for pvpers, which was the point of the change. It really isn't that big of a deal, our sustained dps is going to be the same if not better. The only people in PvE that will really feel like they took a "hit" are the people who can burst for like 400k and then at the end of the fight will be doing 130k.
    Seriously, dude, that's not how statistics work. There's so much rng in the game with when you crit, for how much, how much your trinkets proc and when, how much your set bonuses and meta proc and when, not to mention how well you play on a particular encounter for you to have done one raid after the change and be able to make claims from your own personal dps that it's a buff.

Even if it is a buff as far as damage goes, it's a huge nerf to utility, particularly when the hunter is on their own, but for smaller groups as well. This hurts the Brawler's Guild, this hurts Challenge Modes, it hurts ten man guilds who don't have an ideal buff makeup, etc. It also just ruins the flavor of the ability. If they're just sitting there doing less than a dire beast, what's the point? I did just test it unbuffed in the game a couple of times and got 185k and 229k. While obviously it will go up with buffs, that's still extremely terrible. That's less than a number of my KCs hit for in raids, and it's a 20 second ability on a five minute cd.

It seems more common in raids for DKs to not use army. Obviously with the channel time it's a bit more difficult to use, but if this is how stampede stays, I predict it'll end up getting used approximately as much as army. People might use it here and there if they think about it and it's convenient, but mostly, it'll be forgotten about, and I think that's a real shame.

this was just posted on blue tracker http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...tfix-concerns/

and sadly the blue missed the point. yeh people were stacking pets wiht the most cc/raid buffs but i could get as much cc as possible for pvp from stampeed from 1 glph.

and sadly 10% buff to all our shots wont fix anything

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    Seriously, dude, that's not how statistics work. There's so much rng in the game with when you crit, for how much, how much your trinkets proc and when, how much your set bonuses and meta proc and when, not to mention how well you play on a particular encounter for you to have done one raid after the change and be able to make claims from your own personal dps that it's a buff.

Even if it is a buff as far as damage goes, it's a huge nerf to utility, particularly when the hunter is on their own, but for smaller groups as well. This hurts the Brawler's Guild, this hurts Challenge Modes, it hurts ten man guilds who don't have an ideal buff makeup, etc. It also just ruins the flavor of the ability. If they're just sitting there doing less than a dire beast, what's the point? I did just test it unbuffed in the game a couple of times and got 185k and 229k. While obviously it will go up with buffs, that's still extremely terrible. That's less than a number of my KCs hit for in raids, and it's a 20 second ability on a five minute cd.

It seems more common in raids for DKs to not use army. Obviously with the channel time it's a bit more difficult to use, but if this is how stampede stays, I predict it'll end up getting used approximately as much as army. People might use it here and there if they think about it and it's convenient, but mostly, it'll be forgotten about, and I think that's a real shame.
    I know how stats work, which is why I'm trying to tell you I've ran it MORE than once, twice and even three times. Do you think I just looked at the meter and was like oh ok I did the same amount of dps, no. I went through the logs and compared each time for my trinkets procing, including my crit rate on each of my abilities. The nerf isn't that big of a deal for damage it just means you won't burst for 500-600k.

Personally I don't care about the utility, but that's just me. You press a button and pets run around killing things, imo was a boring ability since the start of MoP. In fact I'd be okay with them removing it all together and taking another flat damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    No nerfs to hunter cc?

What?

This game is pathetic...
    The nerf to stampede is a nerf to hunter CC because the stampede pets wont use their cc abilities (for example a shale spider will no longer use it's web wrap stun ability and a crane will no longer use it's lullaby sleep ability).

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    Well, I haven't tried battletron yet and I was told that the stampede burst and the pet heals from stampede were needed to down this brawler boss.
    Well I did it about 4 months ago in far worse gear than is available now so damage will be a none issue and I used multiple different pet types for the buffs so I wasn't getting pet heals from my stampede. So no.

I only lose 1285 dps if I remove Stampede from rotation on FD. Man that is sad.

500-600k damage claw gain at pet rotation with full agi bonus (juju 2/2(n)+retanaki 2/2 (hm)+pot+scope)/20 sec=total burst was lower at ~20-25k dps (accept buff arcan shot 12-13 hits=1kk-1.2kk dmg=120-130k/20sec) and this is for BM. 530 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, called this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm predicting that stampede pets cant use specials, and that Blink Strikes has a ICD of around 15-30 seconds. No big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Was talking about a 15-30 sec ICD on the teleport itself. The damage increase isn't really such a big issue imo. It's mostly the fact that you cant get away from the pet. At least that's what most people has QQd about, not being able to LOS and such.

I'm happy with these changes. Very happy.
    Hi

Deleted
    BS damage was not affected by this right?
    And did our stampede benefit from BS pre fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    BS damage was not affected by this right?
    And did our stampede benefit from BS pre fix?
    Blink Strikes' damage has not been changed,just the blink. I don't believe stampede pets were affected by it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Yet again BM hunters can't KC during windstorm on Iron Qon...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity View Post
    Yet again BM hunters can't KC during windstorm on Iron Qon...
    So if your smart you dont take the warlock portal then, also I think I did it yesterday but i'm not sure(KC in the air)... darn those 2 KCs you cant cast while he is in the air once in this 9 min fight...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Stampede was a problem when the summoned pets didn't do reduced damage. Other than that I cannot comment on the subject.
    I understand this, but to remove the buffs from all other pets?

And what the hell was with the Bestial Wrath nerf in the prior patch? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one...

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this was just posted on blue tracker http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...tfix-concerns/

and sadly the blue missed the point. yeh people were stacking pets wiht the most cc/raid buffs but i could get as much cc as possible for pvp from stampeed from 1 glph.

and sadly 10% buff to all our shots wont fix anything
    I just read that. I think that blue needs to get their head out of their arse.

BM hasn't been bursty since the Wrath-nerf. I didn't even use Stampede in PvP and I still don't unless in AV/IoC or raids. Why don't they just give us something else at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtoe View Post
    So if your smart you dont take the warlock portal then, also I think I did it yesterday but i'm not sure(KC in the air)... darn those 2 KCs you cant cast while he is in the air once in this 9 min fight...
    Prior to yesterdays hotfix my pet could dps during windstorm, today he cant and i cant use KC. How does not taking portal solves anything? Pet still will be oor (still under boss) and i still wont be able to use KC (just like prior to 5.3)
    Last edited by Toxicity; 2013-06-12 at 02:16 PM.

YAY us hunters now have a cosmetic ability that does absolutely fuck all dps

but hey at least the bosses in SoO will get to see my pretty pets cause thats all its good for now

What a fucking joke

Looks like our MOP ability decided to mop the floor. Even though there were problems with it in the beginning of being bugged and all, so much for a 5min on-use ability.

Well blizzard did it again, they fixed the pet lagging behind in pve on boss fights and now because of a couple of whinning 13 years old on the forums who can't deal with it, BM pve just got fucked again.

Well time to reroll surv again I guess !

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 03:51 PM ----------

I really don't understand why the couldn't just stop hunters from using stampede in arena, and slightly buff our dmg like they did now, they would have fixed PVP burst and would have given hunter some buff for pve they could have used.

Nah blizz gotta screw the entire specc over like usual.

Is it just me or do we feel a little bit weaker now in PVE? I know sims and what not show a slight DPS increase, at least in SV.

Having all trinkets proc and popping stampede at the beginning of a fight was HUGE. I was bursting for over 400k at the beginning of fights. Now I'm stuck around mid 300k.

I'll have to check my logs, maybe I was just getting poor trinket procs, but something was off last night.