Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I think I didnt make myself clear. I'm fine with the concept of LFR.
    LFR is an atrocity and should never been introduced in the first place.
    Really, nothing much else to say.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted

Patch 4.1, everyone and their dog were in full epic gear. Welfare badge gear, welfare 353 epics...
    Why do you care if other people are in blues or epics? I personally never understood this mentality..
    I agree that t11 was awesome, fireland ok'ish and dragon soul pretty much sucked + lfr is probably the reason why people started raiding less.
    Your feeling that wow is fading away has nothing to do with wow, you are just getting bored of the game. Truthfully is there any game you have played aslong as wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Truthfully is there any game you have played aslong as wow?
    can i get a /highfive?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with a full time-job and a kid to take care of, I can only applaud LFR. Sure it's easy as hell, and sure I would like it to be a bit harder, since it's just faceroll at the moment. However, it's impossible to make LFR with normal difficulty. Most players just can't handle that. So they decided (correctly) to make it easy.

If that makes you angry because you feel less like a special snowflake, that's your problem, not the game's. It has no negative effect on you whatsoever.You still have your hc raids, you still have your bis items. Get over it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Really, nothing much else to say.
    Old thread, people change. You are a mod, can you be more constructive please? My point is: LFR is fine to see content, however its too easy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    can i get a /highfive?
    Fallout 3 and new vegas on hard difficulty. Played through all the Heroes 2, 3, 4 and 5 campaigns on impossible difficulty.

I don't know if pokemon counts, but I caught them all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 and new vegas on hard difficulty. Played through all the Heroes 2, 3, 4 and 5 campaigns on impossible difficulty.

I don't know if pokemon counts, but I caught them all!
    I don't think you get what he's saying. Unless you've been playing fallout 3 for longer than you played wow. But I cannot get into a back and forth with you because you obviously are looking for specific answers and not really curious about my opinions or experiences.

Deleted
    LFR is fine as it is for those who don't raid beyond that, for people that do raid beyond that it's a gateway to "power up" your character with a pseudo tier set bonus and other attractive gear as they simultaneously combat through normal and even heroic raids....it's not welfare epics as such, because it's a massive time sink to actually get in a group and do them.

Here in lies the conundrum, for people that want to progress and optimise as best they can, they are running LFR and their usual raids each week - it's essentially added another level to the 'optional' grind...... on it's own that's fine, but add into that the 'optional' dailies etc, it becomes a massive time sink.

You can of course choose to not do them and accept the challenge of trying to do it all by simply raiding normal or heroic only, as long as your guild accept this as 'optimised' then it's probably a happy balance moving forward.

However, it's unfair of you to chastise or take cheap shots at those that do LFR and all the other stuff..... because what they do really does not effect you at all and if it provides a demographic of the game with some enjoyment then I would say Blizz are offering more to everyone and not just you.

can i get a /highfive?
    I'm not him but, I have played many games longer than WoW:

Unreal Tournament: 13 years
    Counter Strike: 10 years
    Runescape: 12 Years

^Games I have played in the last 3 months.

And I kinda agree, WoW became too easy, and too much about entitlement.

Difference is I quit in Cata. He needs to do the same, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Tier 11 was Blizz last breath before the death fueled by greed and laziness. WoW has finally died for me with dragon soul, nothing to come back to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously? That late? Where were you when we had all the "Wrath of the casual king" thread. Wasn't the term "welfare epics" coined with the item vendors on the Islo of QD in late TBC? Oh wait..no...

This guy saw it coming in 2007 !!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/25902237
    That thread is classic. There are some great quotes but this one wins. "I think they tried to appeal to the casual gamers more with BC, but since they already pissed those people off they had no chance of getting them back. With the BC they only hurt the hardcore gamers. Luckly I quit long before all that. =) enjoy blizzard."

Deleted
    Seriously? That late? Where were you when we had all the "Wrath of the casual king" thread. Wasn't the term "welfare epics" coined with the item vendors on the Islo of QD in late TBC? Oh wait..no...

It started in late TBC with free epics but as with everything nothing dies immediately, it's a long process. WoW did fairly good in Wrath till Ulduar, then again was back in form with tier 11. After tier 11 - dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Unreal Tournament: 13 years
    That game is totally easy. You can't seriously tell me you log hours on that game still. Counter strike I could almost agree but then runescape... i lol'ed. If wow was free would you still play it once every 3 months or so?

Seriously? That late? Where were you when we had all the "Wrath of the casual king" thread. Wasn't the term "welfare epics" coined with the item vendors on the Isle of QD in late TBC? Oh wait..no...

Atleast then people put atleast a tiny bit of effort into their welfare gear than just afking in LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast then people put atleast a tiny bit of effort into their welfare gear than just afking in LFR
    Like what you mean when they crafted themselves epic weapons in the first week of wrath? or did you mean when I killed ethereals in BC to get an epic weapon from rep?
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-06-12 at 09:05 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I didnt make myself clear. I'm fine with the concept of LFR.

However, the fact that it is so easy, so easy anyone can do it. You see DK's in intell gear, hunters with no pets, people in general with no gems/enchants/reforges and complete lack of class knowledge doing LFR.

These people aren't casuals... these people do not deserve to see end content. LFR's concept is fine, its current state is not. Make LFR slightly more difficult. Downscaling of boss HP/damage is fine, removing core mechanics are not. It's totally cool casual players who know their class get to see Lei Shen, its not cool that terrible players gets carried through.

And for the record it does not bother me at all other players have the same gear as me. I come from a top 35 world 25 man guild. I clear 13/13 HC in 2 days. I do not care one bit what gear the other people have. I do care how you got it though. Being carried in LFR isnt ok... thats why it has to change for the better.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 07:41 AM ----------

I understand you perfectly. LFR should be challenging.

I'll be having a debate on this exact topic today at 13:00. I'll post a ventrilo in this thread once I'm home from school and I will live stream this debate. Everyone is welcome to join the channel and bring up material regarding this topic, however trolls and people who get mad will be banned.

This debate will also be on youtube.
    OP have you actually ran LFR or are you on here just to create another one of these threads? The "Challenge" in LFR is that a raid designed for 25 people is probably attentively ran by 15 on a good day. There are fights that you are going to wipe at least once on, no questions asked. You are going to have to deal with some mouth breathing arm-chair general who calls everyone n00bz who suck. You have healer(s) who queue as heals, but rock in their DPS set and refuse to heal because "My DPS is numba 1 i am more valuable dpz" meanwhile the other 2 healers who are not bots/afk are struggling to keep the raid alive because no one is paying attention to the mechanics that apparently don't exist solely in your LFR. And almost always one of your tanks is in full pvp gear (the crafted blue stuff), while somewhat viable due to recent changes, they are a nightmare to keep up because they keep attempting to have the boss scratch their back while they tank because they love to keyboard turn. If that's not enough, most people have turned off or dont even pay attention to /instance because they are so tired of dealing with this they just want to get through it, so any chance of kicking the above is slim to and or none. Lets not forget the proverbial icing on the cake, the OH SO AWESOME loot system. I am on my third week in TOT without having a single piece of gear drop that I can use, but I still have to deal with all of this and more as a healer/tank while praying that the loot algorithm finally spits out a slight upgrade for me.

I would love to raid in an organized guild, but my schedule and life doesn't permit it anymore. Some of us have to grow up pay bills, and live our lives outside of the game. Leave our "Glorious Ez Mode Loot" LFR alone, go back to your organized raids and chastise them.

The reality is you are most likely in a subpar guild that is struggling on normal mode content but cant recruit a decent raider to begin with. But LFR is the easy devil to attack, because if you get it disbanded (like most of your type want) you will get those recruits who are still willing to give up RL for raiding since LFR is no longer an option. There is no way you are a hardcore raider because most hardcore raiders dont give a flying !@#()**!@ about LFR, they don't run it because their raid team is established and if they want to poach a raider they are going to do it from the normal not LFR.

Deleted
    Like what you mean when they crafted themselves epic weapons in the first week of wrath? or did you mean when I killed ethereals in BC to get an epic weapon from rep?
    Arguing with OP is like arguing with a child, he just ignores anything relevant that people say and clings to the same (populist) phrases over and over again.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Tier 11 was Blizz last breath before the death fueled by greed and laziness. WoW has finally died for me with dragon soul, nothing to come back to.
    Dragon soul sucked, MoP has been awesome, probably the best expansion so far. MoP is everything but laziness. Several world bosses, raid bosses are complex, fun and really hard on hc (see for example method interview) Outside of raiding there are tons of stuff to do - easy relaxing stuff like pet battles and 5 mans to a bit more challenging stuff like heroic scenarios (no lfd possibility there) and brawler's guild. So yeah, i guess you are missing the best wow expansion so far.
    But hey, what is easier than to sit back and critize, you can do that for anything and it is really easy.
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2013-06-12 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treesus View Post
    The reality is you are most likely in a subpar guild that is struggling on normal mode content but cant recruit a decent raider to begin with. But LFR is the easy devil to attack, because if you get it disbanded (like most of your type want) you will get those recruits who are still willing to give up RL for raiding since LFR is no longer an option. There is no way you are a hardcore raider because most hardcore raiders dont give a flying !@#()**!@ about LFR, they don't run it because their raid team is established and if they want to poach a raider they are going to do it from the normal not LFR.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dreoras/simple

Yeah im struggling in normal modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC made WoW far less enjoyable for a large number of people. I will agree whole heartedly that I had WAY more fun raiding at level 60 than I did at 70. The reason - raiding was far more casual friendly before the expansion. The best way I heard it put was that half a raid of semi-hardacore players could usually carry the other half (as long as they were moderatly skilled) through most raids up to and including BWL. You could run through MC, ZG, and BWL in a single night in about 3-4 hours.

Now they made raiding so stupidly complex that unless you have an enitre raid of experts who do nothing but devote their entire attention to the game for 4+ hours at a time several times a week you aren't going to get anywhere (being in a TBC era raiding guild I have experienced this repeatedly). Watching good friends who had real lives and used to get on on Wednesday and Saturday night to blow through ZG + Ony and MC or BWL start dropping like flys (including two of my best RL friends in the last month) really killed my enjoyment. The raids in TBC just seem to make normal people angry and bitter since it is such a chore and huge time investment to get anything down, whereas in pre-expansion raiding people used to have fun.

I just canceled my account, I wont be coming back hopefully. Ever since WoTK was announced people are getting stressed out and crazy since most of them think TBC was not what they had expectected or wanted in an expansion. TBC killed the enjoyment of the game for casual players and I don't think Blizzard can do anything to fix it at this point.

(this is a quote from 2007 from det's link) http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic...led-wow?page=1

Deleted
    By all means, quit, or take a break, whatever you need to do. What you need to know is that Blizzard are aware that the game has gone the wrong way, this they can see in the sub drops (and we don't know how they are even doctored/skewed, which they must be in some way) and the reactions. There have always been reactions to changes in the game, but Blizz's body language has changed recently through how we seem them react in panels and tweets and whatnot and now the climbing back on board of the A team that were with Titan. I expect the next expansion to be amazing, nothing less and Blizzcon will have ppl shouting 'take my money!' You will see. I quit in patch 5.2 and already I love the sound of 5.4 as I am into AH goblin activities and my realm was empty, so I have reason to go back, even though I am not in love with the stale dynamics of the game right now. I might wait for the expansion, might never go back but I really think Blizz have some aces up their sleeves. I was hugely disappointed in MOP in general, as were most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    no its not about the content being seeable its iabout it being wattered down so much there theres no reason to even try to get better ( speaking about new players here)
    they will proberly go into lfr do what they can kill the bosses then go
    tHIS HAS zero TODO with lfr - This was allways there and its the PEOPLE not the game.... since vanilla some people couldnt be arsed to gem/enchant/min/max there chars - you know what? thats LIFE go one!

theres no incentive for them to improve and move to harder things.
    So? the games allways had a easy/medium/hard difficulty - why do you care wich difficulty players wanna have fun?

and yes recruitment would be easier it was in wrath and cata be4 ds
    no it wasnt - die hard hc players in wow are a dying breed so what.