Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to go back to the days of the CDi games to find a "mediocre" console* Zelda game.

Also did someone honestly say that the Metal Gear series was getting worse? 3 and 4 were fantastic games in the series, just do what everyone else does and forget Rising exists. It's not an MGS game so it doesn't really count.

*I'm taking the liberty of assuming consoles are purely home plug into the tv devices in this thread. Because if the OP is suggesting Nintendo should stop making handhelds, there's zero merit to discussion on this thread.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    I think people have been asking for this ever since the end of the GameCube. We all want to play the big Nintendo IP's, but not on the gimmicky Wii.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I think people have been asking for this ever since the end of the GameCube. We all want to play the big Nintendo IP's, but not on the gimmicky Wii.
    So what does that make $ony with their waggle vibrator and Micro$oft's spy camera? Those are pretty huge gimmicks, no on wants to play their franchises with those crappy gimmicks.

Deleted
    That's not even remotely the same now is it?
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-07-05 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So what does that make $ony with their waggle vibrator and Micro$oft's spy camera? Those are pretty huge gimmicks, no on wants to play their franchises with those crappy gimmicks.
    am I the only one that gets annoyed by people suddenly realizing that for profit companies are trying to make money?

Its like suddenly the whole gaming generation went to college and went all cynical about big corporations wanting to make money. Microsoft makes a majority of its money (which is pretty large) in BUSINESS money, shareholders want profits, nothing else. if your company is publicly traded, they will go for whats most profitable. why do you think both the xboxone and ps4 both use, by all accounts, 2-3 year old technology in their next gen consoles? price vs profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Labrys View Post
    But 10 was average.

11 was an MMO, cant really be grouped together with the rest of the series.

15 looks really great. I like the potential new direction the franchise is going in.
    10 was amazing, opinion ofc, the rest after have been meh. 15 looks like a game I wont ever play unfortunately, I might give it a chance once its released.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Im personally tired of mario 5000 and zelda the pre prequel part 200. Keep them on those systems
    This shit right here is why I stopped playing all Zelda games. It's like they're afraid to move on with the LoZ canon. Instead, they're thinking "My, it will be fun to look back and see all of these origins, and possible origins."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    This shit right here is why I stopped playing all Zelda games. It's like they're afraid to move on with the LoZ canon. Instead, they're thinking "My, it will be fun to look back and see all of these origins, and possible origins."
    Seriously man? I mean you DO know that short of skyward sword there hasn;t been a prequel since...Four Swords adventure or minish cap.,...WW is like hundreds if not thousands of years inb the future and at leasta few hundred for TP...No they move forward dude.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Seriously man? I mean you DO know that short of skyward sword there hasn;t been a prequel since...Four Swords adventure or minish cap.,...WW is like hundreds if not thousands of years inb the future and at leasta few hundred for TP...No they move forward dude.
    Aside from WW. I amend my statement, "dude."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Aside from WW. I amend my statement, "dude."
    What do you mean? The new Zelda coming out for the 3DS will be a forward in the "Link failed" timeline, then there were the 2 set after WW. 1 set after WW, the second is 100 years into the future.

Twillight Princess was a skip forward. Skyward Sword is pretty much the origin story.

Deleted
    Maybye, i loved every console of them from the Nes to the Gamecube, then they just slapped me in the face with the WII bullshit.
    I don't want remote game tv controllers ... i wan't a gameped and there OG mario & zelda games.

if you are playing zelda for the story you are doing it wrong. the story is the last thing they think of and they do it as they go along. they didnt even have a proper timeline until a bunch of people bothered them about it so they made up one for hyrule historia

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes Nintendo would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Xbox and Playstation? I'll give them some credit, they definitely found a way to stay alive with Wii when their hardware was far behind Sony and Microsoft. But the Wii U... just sucks. Ever since the Gamecube I haven't bought a Nintendo system - they just don't get a great assortment of games.

I want Zelda, Mario and DK on my Xbox One/PS4.

Sorry, just hate every time I read about a new Zelda game coming out and know I won't be playing it because I'd have to essentially pay $300 for the system and the game.
    Agreed. I want Nintendo games on PS4. They need to forget about their consoles, because they're just not doing anything interesting with them anymore.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    Agreed. I want Nintendo games on PS4. They need to forget about their consoles, because they're just not doing anything interesting with them anymore.
    ORLY? You know what isn't 'interesting'? Having the same fucking overpriced, already obsolete hardware in a box with the same fucking controller and the only change is better graphics every 5 years! All the while the greatness of games gets held back because of inferior consoles due to multiplatform bullshit.

How Nintendo could win this generation:

Step 1) Create fully featured Pokemon MMO on WiiU.
    Step 2) Win the current generation.

And how are their consoles not interesting? EVERY GENERATION Nintendo takes risks and does something new, and in the end the others end up copying.

Lets see how Nintendo has shaped console history, we'll start with the N64 as prior to this lines can be a bit blurry:

1) Free Roaming 3D games. Super Mario 64 was the first of this type, and to this day most games follow in it's footsteps.
    2) On the topic of 3D free roaming: Analog control. The N64 was the first system to have true Analog (well technically the stick was digital, but Analog was meant in that the harder you push the stick, the faster the character moves) control on it's games.
    3) Rumble: Nearly every controller nowadays has a vibration feature. Nintendo was the first to really do this...and the only one to actually get permission to use the patented rumble technology...whoops. That set Sony and MS back quite a bit of money. Both got sued, Sony lost in court and MS settled outside of court for an undisclosed amount of money.
    4) Viable Handhelds: Nintendo is the master of the handheld market. There is no disputing this, the GameBoy and subsequently the nDS/3DS have obliterated the competition. PSP fell short, the Vita is a joke (sales wise) and the only real competition is tablets/smartphones.
    5) Backwards compatibility: Now, the old Atari's could do this but backwards compatability was not really common back in the day. Both the SNES and Gamecube, however, were backwards compatable in a different way: They could play games from other consoles completely. The Super GameBoy and the GBA adapter for the GameCube allowed you to play your handhelds on the big screen. This right here was absolutely amazing (and please....do this for WiiU and nDS/3DS....please.....)

Let's skip ahead now, since the GCN/Xbox/PS2 era was fairly cut and dry. All 3 were pretty basic systems in terms of features. PS2 has the Eyetoy which was a flop, but other than that none of them really had anything new besides Xbox Live, which is admittedly what caused consoles to successfully become online systems. PS2's online was horrible, and hardly used...and GCN's was used for a single title (for online anyway. Mario Kart DID allow LAN, however, so you could say two).

6) Now we hit the Wii. The Wii Remote, which everyone mocked and said was a gimmick. Thing is, it wasn't, it was the heart of the console and required. Know what was a gimmick? Playstation Move (I still laugh at their announcement on this. They came out onto stage claming it was "new" and "unique") and the Kinect. Both were extra peripherals that were not required for most games. And thus, both flopped (and yet Kinect is being pushed for XBone...) Gaming history has shown time and time again that when you release something like this and it is not a default requirement of the system, it will fail. Nintendo themselves learned this early on in the game: Powerglove/R.O.B. anyone? *shudders*
    7) Virtual Console: Download old games of the past and play them on the new system. Wii did it, and then the 360 and PS3 followed suit with Xbox 1/PS2/PSOne classics.

I could go on, but basically Nintendo is the only one of the major companies willing to tread new ground and take risks, and when the other companies see that what they are doing is viable: they copy them. Sony and MS play it too safe, and are unwilling to take any big leaps. And when they DO they make horrible leaps into pits of fire and spikes (looking at you XBOne DRM. Smart move doing a 180 with that "switch" that you couldnt just flip like you told AngryJoe.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    I would say the reason Nintendo is behind in the console race because they keep trying new things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I would say the reason Nintendo is behind in the console race because they keep trying new things.
    Yeah, the Wii sure was the 3rd place winner. You could make an argument now about the Wii U but we all know why it hasn't springboarded ahead. Major first party game if you haven't guessed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Yeah, the Wii sure was the 3rd place winner. You could make an argument now about the Wii U but we all know why it hasn't springboarded ahead. Major first party game if you haven't guessed.
    Yeah the wii 3rd place winner... when it sold like hotcakes

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Yeah the wii 3rd place winner... when it sold like hotcakes
    And yet how many people still play their Wii?

Nintendo should stick with the handheld market which they've always dominated.