Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't know that analogy because I've only watched the DBZ abridged series. Why didn't he go Super Saiyan while fighting Radditz at the beginning of DBZ? <_>
    Heh, well the connection I was going for was (aside from being a certain strength) in DBZ the characters generally don't achieve Super Saiyan without being backed into a corner and/or experiencing a very traumatic/upsetting event.

Though Garrosh is doing a lot of morally questionable things, based on what people have pulled up so far it doesn't look like he actually resort to empowering himself with Y'saarj until the heroes have confronted and battled him and he sees defeat as inevitable.

A portal, maybe? Garrosh does have that asshole Sunreaver who got him the bell, after all. Was it Thalen? Can't remember.
    Fair enough. I just found it interesting that the first boss after dealing with the Sha of Pride at the Vale is that armored protodrake.

I don't know that analogy because I've only watched the DBZ abridged series. Why didn't he go Super Saiyan while fighting Radditz at the beginning of DBZ? <_>
    Heh, well the connection I was going for was (aside from being a certain strength) in DBZ the characters generally don't achieve Super Saiyan without being backed into a corner and/or experiencing a very traumatic/upsetting event.

Though Garrosh is doing a lot of morally questionable things, based on what people have pulled up so far it doesn't look like he actually resort to empowering himself with Y'saarj until the heroes have confronted and battled him and he sees defeat as inevitable.

More so than any of that though....its just a story telling mechanism :P

Deleted
    Looks like Garrosh will go...*sunglasses* super shayan.

Because he didn't know how to do it then.. He needed time to learn this ability, how to use it and what drowbacks it has.
    Later he can go SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3 even. Each transformation gives him more strength but also drains his power faster, meaning that he can't just go "all out with all CDs popped" at start, when enemy is strong and healthy - because he'd drain himself too fast in case the enemy was able to sustain himself long enough. Instead he just starts in his "normal form" to weaken the enemy, then gradually uses stronger forms when needed..

As for Garrosh - it's not just "oh I got this, let's use full powah now!". His shamans and he himself need time to learn how to use the relic. When to use it. When we storm into his room, he's most likely not 100% ready to unleash full heart's potential. He starts low and when seeing he's about to loose - he just grasps to his last hope - the heart and the Old God power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    He certainly looks like Cho'gall now.

Nice reason to be sick of Blizzard! -.-

insane or corrupted, every blizzard boss so far. it's really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    As for Garrosh - it's not just "oh I got this, let's use full powah now!". His shamans and he himself need time to learn how to use the relic. When to use it. When we storm into his room, he's most likely not 100% ready to unleash full heart's potential. He starts low and when seeing he's about to loose - he just grasps to his last hope - the heart and the Old God power.
    According the portion of the Dungeon Journal that's posted on Wowhead, that's exactly what happens. The raid beats him down, he absorbs power from Y'Shaarj, his abilities are empowered and he's healed to full health. Rinse and repeat until he gets to his final form.

EDIT: Scratch that, just double-checked. It looks like he only goes through that once, then at 30% health all of his abilities are fully empowered.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darth Vader sucked because he wasn't really evil, he was corrupted by the emperor. BORING AND UNIMAGINATIVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    insane or corrupted, every blizzard boss so far. it's really annoying.
    Besides the fact that Garrosh imo is not completely mad but simply ruthless, with his personality intact but influenced by Y'shaarj (unlike Deathwing), in this case I see Sha power as a storytelling tool to justify Garrosh being powerful enough to face a whole army by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Darth Vader sucked because he wasn't really evil, he was corrupted by the emperor. BORING AND UNIMAGINATIVE.
    I'm not sure whether that's sarcasm or not, but Anakin's flippity-floppitude between being an asshole and not being an asshole because of the magic bullshit "dark side" was one on a long list of reasons why the prequel movies were shit.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well who says he is corrupted? It is also a possibility that we fight Garrosh in his normal form but as he gets close to losing he gets desperate and calls for the Sha to help him and then turns in to his Sha form.
    Yes I definitely hope it will happen like this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Let's just say that if a jedi doesn't do certain things just because they come against the jedi code and not because his conscience tells him it's wrong, he isn't a real jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure whether that's sarcasm or not, but Anakin's flippity-floppitude between being an asshole and not being an asshole because of the magic bullshit "dark side" was one on a long list of reasons why the prequel movies were shit.
    Forget the prequels then, and reread my post. Doesn't change anything and yes it is sarcasm. Putting it simply, it is an archetype that gets used by all the best writers ever. Not some over-used boring idea that only wow copies.

And anyways we already know that he doesn't get corrupted, check the dungeon journal it says he is using the heart so really its all just moot.
    Last edited by finskee; 2013-06-12 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    Uhm..-
    Of course everyone expected that.
    It was announced like.. April 2012? ^^
    Whats the deal? I think this gonna be an interesting encounter.
    Im sure it will be a fun encounter just the fact that its going to take place in MY HOUSE aka Orgrimmar, makes me feel like a kid at christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Yes I definitely hope it will happen like this!
    He is empowered (let's avoid the word corrupted for a while) by Y'shaarj. The Sha remains in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    How about he just went bats**t because *he* went crazy...
    Pretty sure that IS the story. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Something that doesn't involve corruption, which has been used to death by Blizzard?
    How about he just went bats**t because *he* went crazy, not the usual "lulul Old God's did it" crap Blizz throws around all the time now. Why can't he just have gone insane due to the pressures of being a tyrant and trying to control his people, rather than this boring, staid, standard crap they always use.

Oh wait, it's probably so when we "cleanse" him of the corruption, Thrall comes in, and he begs Thrall for forgiveness then hands over the Warchief mantle to "Where it rightly belongs", or some boring, mind-numbing crap as usual *sigh*.
    He wasn't corrupted, he was evil and a tyrant ALL BY HIMSELF. But he needs more than an axe to be an expansion boss.

So no. Old Gods didn't do it. The Sha didn't do it. Garrosh did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He wasn't corrupted, he was evil and a tyrant ALL BY HIMSELF. But he needs more than an axe to be an expansion boss.

So no. Old Gods didn't do it. The Sha didn't do it. Garrosh did it.
    Besides, they need something that actually resembles a boss fight. An unempowered Garrosh would just be flailing at you with his axe. Hardly a boss-worthy encounter.