Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH?
    I think you may need to look back through some of the Horde quests spread throughout Pandaria, 'cause they all contain clues about Garrosh behaviour, and one of the extremely early ones in the Jade Forest, where you fight your way to the top of a temple, with demons and orcs and goblins in it- ending in a corrupted orc filled with Sha energy, suggests that Garrosh is making an army as well as using the Sha energy himself. Consider him to be a bit like Cho'gall! We knew that he was corrupted by Sha long ago, really, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody that this is the final result. =)

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    I like the sound of the encounter blizz has designed better than yours. Call me crazy. Call me a fanboy. I hope they don't hire you to make final bosses.
    i hope they don't either

i'd rather go kick some ass in the writing department
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

There's an inherent difference between being "corrupted" by an Old God's influence and then having it finally manifest... and simply being corrupted by your own bloodlust, and welcoming whatever dark powers you can bend to your will.

Garrosh is more the latter... but I agree, I did not want to see too much more Old God stuff playing out in the final battle. We get that they're a story thread Blizzard is not letting go of, but damn, I was hoping it would take a back seat in Pandaria. A fool's hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing getting boring is everyone using the word corrupted for everything.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Anyways, your on ignore now, no point reading anything you have to say.
    lol <3 <3 <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid that the 5.4 raid feels dumbed down like DS in the past... boring design, boring bosses.... ó_ò

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I'm afraid that the 5.4 raid feels dumbed down like DS in the past... boring design, boring bosses.... ó_ò
    and that the systems are far more interesting than the actual content (transmog and lfr/flex and virtual realms)?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    This is so freaking boring. CORRUPTED GARROSH? I and everyone else seen this coming when Garrosh as the main villain was announced. He even looks like a bit like Deathwing but with blue bits instead of red bits all over him. Looking forward to spine of Garrosh?

Edit: Title might be over the top.

Edit: Some people seem to have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. My quarrel is with the fact that he's 'Corrupted', which is so boring and obvious, not that it'd be Garrosh as the last boss.
    He looks awesome, but my our oppinions is just one out of many and Blizzard can't aim their content towards you only.

This is not Game of Thrones so don't expect big twists and turns in the storyline. Lich King, Deathwing, Illidan(Yes he was the main antagonist in tbc) was obvious aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    You can see into the future? Or are you doing them on the ptr right now? I'm confused.

The word corrupted is used so much in this game that many don't get what it means here. And why what Blizzard said about him not being corrupted is still true.

Garrosh isn't corrupted in the same way Deathwing, Arthas or even Kil'jaeden were. He hasn't been controlled by an evil master, he is evil himself. A racist tyrant who wants more and more power.

His body gets "corrupted" by Y'shaarj during the fight. He probably does it on purpose, as a way to be able to fight us, but even if he didn't, and the Old God controlled him, everything prior to that moment would still be his doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I immediately imagined Garrosh yelling something all angry and aggressive while using a Flippable Table on a raid group.
    Blizz should totally make this an intermission phase but have it as multiple tables & if you're hit by a table it one shots you... we can call it "being tabled".

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    He isn't corrupted hes just batshit Insane and as the previous poster has stated the guy just invited an old god to take over his body making him even more just well

BAT SHIT INSANE

lol
    ^this about time we get rid of another god or what ever will happen when we fight garrosh
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by baerkin View Post
    Blizz should totally make this an intermission phase but have it as multiple tables & if you're hit by a table it one shots you... we can call it "being tabled".
    i would probably resub if the garrosh fight had a table dodging phase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Garrosh isn't corrupted in the same way Deathwing, Arthas or even Kil'jaeden were. He hasn't been controlled by an evil master, he is evil himself. A racist tyrant who wants more and more power.
    He's not even that. He's a weak, malleable person who fell in with a crazy supremacist, and when he started liking those extreme ideals, he came up with a few 'brilliant' moves of his own.

I suppose in his mind it makes sense. He wants the orcs to prosper. So far, his methods worked, because the other races didn't snap. Now that he's got an actual rebellion oh his hands, he sees us all as traitors. He wouldn't stoop to using demon blood (because that's a big no-no, poppa Hellscream did it and all that), but I suppose he sees the whole dark shamanism thing as just another way of obtaining the same results (even though it isn't), and using the sha as in a way conquering one's weaknesses (never mind the fact that so far sha infections have proven to be very difficult to get rid of indeed).

Did anyone really expect the final battle to be just Garrosh being stabbed by 10-25 heroes for 15 minutes? Of course he's going to get desperate when his back is up against the wall and use the Dark Heart of Y'shaarj to get all huge and Sharrosh. Sharrosh is a far more epic final battle than Garrosh going "Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!!!"

During the whole Bell storyline he complains that Ichi just didn't have the force of will to control the Sha corruption, that he was weak. Well Garrosh actually believes that he has the force of will to turn the corruption into a weapon that will make you far more powerful so I am not surprised at all that he tries to use the Dark Heart to become empowered because he believes that he is the greatest of all the orcs and 'He can handle it'.

Sharrosh!
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-06-12 at 11:53 AM.

Then what is the reasoning behind the "Sha of Pride" being in the SoO set up? Seems quite obvious Garrosh has fallen to it, so in a sense, that can be constituted as "corruption" (not in the true Old God's sense) but certainly in the fact it can possess and empower you.
    The raid starts in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, or so I've heard. it's possible that we fight Pride there.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2013-06-12 at 11:54 AM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Funny. I was thinking today about how this might be the patch when I make my return to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what is the reasoning behind the "Sha of Pride" being in the SoO set up? Seems quite obvious Garrosh has fallen to it, so in a sense, that can be constituted as "corruption" (not in the true Old God's sense) but certainly in the fact it can possess and empower you.
    But if that's true, name a boss in wow which has had that happen to him before? You've just come up with a new and interesting storyline. Or did you come up with it? Or did blizzard?

Oh yeah he's got me on ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, we've done the quest chain in Krasarang where we get the mount in the end. We witness how Garrosh messes with forces he doesn't comprehend. Yet he still messes with them purposely. Right there, during the very last quest we see how the toying with these forces leads to a sha infection. And now some people are surprised or upset how Garrosh falls for it and gets infected as well?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    The raid starts in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, or so I've heard. it's possible that we fight Pride there.
    Well that's kind of confusing. Why not just have two raids; SoO and... I dunno, Tomb of Y'shaarj, or ToYs. SoO can be a big 8-10 boss raid, and Tomb can be 2 or 3 bosses. Have ToYs happen before SoO, kind of like how Heart of Fear happens before ToES.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Well that's kind of confusing. Why not just have two raids; SoO and... I dunno, Tomb of Y'shaarj, or ToYs. SoO can be a big 8-10 boss raid, and Tomb can be 2 or 3 bosses. Have ToYs happen before SoO, kind of like how Heart of Fear happens before ToES.
    Because It's more simple to place it in one single raid not exactly a hard concept after the vale's boss is dead you likely port to org to start the siege.