Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    [2. Trade] WTS Proving grounds gold level, visit gonnastealyouraccountinsixmonths.com, only $someamount!! PST for details!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If there was one feature I think risks being delayed until 5.5 or 6.0 (whichever is next), it's this.
    I think they've been working on it since well before MoP went live, so it's probably ripe now.

I gather it was ready to go with MoP but got culled very near the end because the design or implementation wasn't up to snuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this feature, however I'm not sure how well it's going to be implemented. The issue I see is that people will still ignore certain aspects (ie disarm or slow) by just overpowering the encounter (ie the monk daily quest told you to slow the one monk down but I would always just use touch of death instead). It also won't likely show you how to play efficiently and I'm not sure if they are going to update the training ground every time they change a spell or add something new (ie resto druids are changing quite a bit in 5.4 if all the changes happen).

However with my reservations I still think this is really going to be good for the game and I look forward to trying it out.
    Using touch of death is part of the point of the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I hope they DON'T make these on leaderboards like Challenge Modes; the last thing this game needs is more shit for people to flex their e-peen and/or degrade others (e.g. "lol nub u don't even hav brnze proving grounds gtfo" or "leet gold proving grounds tank lf 14/14H SOO clear")
    Leaderboards is precisely what has the ability to make Proving Grounds compelling as opposed to a distracting and limited amusement.

Deleted
    This is amazing. It remembers me that I actually play a video game. Now I don't need even lore anymore! Great...

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Leaderboards is precisely what has the ability to make Proving Grounds compelling as opposed to a distracting and limited amusement.
    This. Leaderboards for the endless mode would give a compelling reason to continue playing it for some like myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something nobody who needs to get better will use. If people don't get better on there own trying to force them to will not work. Waste of time. But no I still have to do shit like jade fucking temple for a whole expansion for vp because they don't have time for new 5mans.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-06-17 at 12:41 AM.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This. Leaderboards for the endless mode would give a compelling reason to continue playing it for some like myself.
    That will be interesting. Hopefully gear will be normalized for endless mode. For other modes, I would think that leaving gear alone would be fine.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sounds like something nobody who needs to get better will use. If people don't get better on there own trying to force them to will not work. Waste of time.
    It's a way better way to break into a skill-required guild than having to post achievements that you don't have because you're not in a skill-required guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sounds like something nobody who needs to get better will use. If people don't get better on there own trying to force them to will not work. Waste of time. But no I still have to do shit like jade fucking temple for a whole expansion for vp because they don't have time for new 5mans.
    You're being very inefficient with your time if you're still using Heroics to cap valor at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You're being very inefficient with your time if you're still using Heroics to cap valor at all.
    Heroics are great if you have a guild group, or maybe just 3 from a guild and then you can harass some unlucky tank and healer to gogogogogogogogogogogo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    If the Proving Grounds somehow worked in a way so that the mechanics in there trained you in a similar way to the boss mechanics on the current raid tier, that would be amazing. I'm thinking of the way the mobs in the Stormstout Brewery educated you on the way the final fight would go, you know? Just a pipe dream, but I'm trying to improve the experience for all those future tanks out there.
    I think it's just for starting out so probably not. For tanks though it would be really nice if you had like a menu of different fight types to choose from so that you could 'practice' a bit on mechanics. It wouldn't be the same as a real raid but probably better than nothing. A good thing to ask for if it's missing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If they're interesting and fun they could be great. Although I almost feel like WoW is getting to the point of having too many features!

I wonder if this will be max level only. It'd be cool if it scaled and was available at low levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm just afraid that a new tank will be excited about rocking the Proving Grounds, only to be laughed out of their first LFR for not knowing that "those two mobs should have been tanked next to each other" or "why did you have him face the healers" and so on.
    That already happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Heroics are great if you have a guild group, or maybe just 3 from a guild and then you can harass some unlucky tank and healer to gogogogogogogogogogogo
    HScens are even quicker with or without a guild group. Shorter time and greater reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Nope, wake up.

Excited about proving grounds, but wondering how will it be different from Brawler's guild from a dps standpoint.

sounds like a good start. now if we could find a way to give players points for how much dps is done while moving, or knowing a correction rotation would be awesome.

like tanks do need to know boss encounters/mechanics as well as maintaining threat and not dying. like how tanking the wrong head in Megara gets u killed. or how tanks are assigned different jobs.