Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Making a game aimed at females for computer class

TL;DR: Have a school project to make a simple game for girls 18-30 and need statistics to base something on, please help me.

Have a group assignment to make a game aimed at females 18-30yo using gamemaker and I'm looking for feedback from people in that category. Since we'll be making the game in an other engine and won't be doing any coding ourself, the assignment is aimed a lot at gathering info about what kind of game would fit and be able to create that visualization.

The game is supposed to be on a website (not actually going to be on one but for the sake of the assignment we'll pretend) and be able to draw players back to the site to play more, but only for about 5 mins until they're supposed to check out the site more. So my question is, what kind of casual/website/phone/indiegames do you girls 18-30 like? Any feedback will help greatly, and I mean any from whoever. Thanks. Poll inc if wanted.

Edit: sorry if in wrong section or not belonging at all.

Deleted
    Did you just start studies at a university in the north of sweden?:P

Anyway, the trick is to make it pretty and easy to play.. the ones who won the task similar to this last year just had spent lots of time on the game making it look good and funny. Important is easy as well. If you make it too hard you end up at bottom =(. Good looks and good music and easy to play == win

something about blowing up candy

Deleted
    Animal crossing :P

Cute animals = £££

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Animal crossing :P

Cute animals = £££
    I concur. Add a metric shit ton of kittens, and people will love it.

Anything with animals, and farming, or building and designing a village. To keep them only staying for a few minutes it should be a game that uses energy, to harvest a crop or feed an animal it takes a point of energy away.

Something like:

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-uni...line-game.html

Dont ask how i know about that game.

just tossing out some ideas here:
    pet shop game
    cake/baking game
    wedding dress designer/wedding planner game (i dont know lol)

unfortunately I'm almost 30 and don't really have a clue as to what the younger generation does these days. could always try looking up games on google or even deviantart.com to get ideas maybe.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    dressup games :/

thing is there are already a billion of em

Deleted
    Kitchen escape, launch sammich missiles at chauvinists to get free.

not a woman but how about assuming the target audience are more than 10 year old girls grown up a bit and give them something real to play?

A cross between Animal Crossing and Farmville. Possibly more focused around how your actions as the mother bear type character directly benefit your family. Have a success system that directly effects your family's appearance - kids get better clothes, can afford a maid, security in work and life.

Also, if a casual game like this exists/gets made, it'll make millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    not a woman but how about assuming the target audience are more than 10 year old girls grown up a bit and give them something real to play?
    Yep. Female gamers like mostly the same things male gamers do. Just make a good solid game that has a (good!) female protagonist and you're set.

Bonus is, a lot of men will enjoy the game too.

something like that i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Something like:

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-uni...line-game.html

Dont ask how i know about that game.
    Um, everyone knows that game ._.

(just saying)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sims, only girls play that.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 Shades of Grey Simulator.

Know Mass Effect? A lot of female gamers enjoy that game series. It's filled with guns, violent, and a deep storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a woman but is it a browser game we are on about here, since it will be on a website? Given that limit i think a platformer would be fairly successful