58 15.14%
  • Both

6 1.57%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post

As for a xbox controller for the PS4, this was floating about redit

Another reason to buy PS4, Microsoft just enabled their store here in Slovakia last year and will not support it from the beginning of next gen. PS4 will support us and there will be enabled store. I think this is really big deal for everyone. Why would you buy a console, which does not support you ? As for the controller. Its quite nice, no need to use any "hardware modification" or whatever. Thanks

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    That's so fucking said. Over the past few weeks I'm losing every little bit of respect I had for Microsoft, and this is comming from someone who never really had a bad thing to say about them.
    I feel it same way.

It really is sad. The only edge XB1 has now is Halo, and as much as I adore that series, it hardly outweighs all the pros PS4 has in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I think you misspelled Villager there. http://kotaku.com/the-new-smash-bros...rnet-513160490
    The villager is awesome. But Mega Man. Come on... Mega Man.

Not to mention the Villager's.... eyes... and axe... I dont want to talk anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read a bit more of http://haverzine.com/2013/06/11/how-...playstation-4/ you will not be able to play your old XBox 360 games on the XB1 and you can only lend a game if ya friend has been on ya XBL list for more than 30 days and the game can only be resold once after that tough bikkies.

Deleted
    As an owner of a 360, PS3 and Wii. I'd say the 360 is my favorite. Definitely not a fan of the restrictions of the One, Primarily because i dont like the thought of not being able to play the games i have bought and i had no internet connection.

I'd like to ask you guys a question though as it really is puzzling me. (sorry if i've gotten a detail wrong)

At the E3 for Microsoft they announced two free games for Xbox Live customers (gold only maybe?) for the 360 and that the membership is transferable to the One. However, due to no backwards compatibility for 360 games what is the point in this? Also rehashing the 360 to look like the One i was getting the impression they wanted me to stay on the 360 than rather bother buying a One.

Personally i think the restrictions regarding offline play needs changing, be able to play the game from disc if no internet connection is available, if their is a connection then happily use your online library. Doesn't seem difficult to cater to both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCactuaR View Post
    As an owner of a 360, PS3 and Wii. I'd say the 360 is my favorite. Definitely not a fan of the restrictions of the One, Primarily because i dont like the thought of not being able to play the games i have bought and i had no internet connection.

I'd like to ask you guys a question though as it really is puzzling me. (sorry if i've gotten a detail wrong)

At the E3 for Microsoft they announced two free games for Xbox Live customers (gold only maybe?) for the 360 and that the membership is transferable to the One. However, due to no backwards compatibility for 360 games what is the point in this? Also rehashing the 360 to look like the One i was getting the impression they wanted me to stay on the 360 than rather bother buying a One.

Personally i think the restrictions regarding offline play needs changing, be able to play the game from disc if no internet connection is available, if their is a connection then happily use your online library. Doesn't seem difficult to cater to both sides.
    I think that the two free games thing is like two free games every month, so once the Xbox One comes out you'll get 2 free Xbox One games every month. Maybe? I don't really know, that's how Playstation Plus works anyway, they give out like 3-5 games a month for free, and they've already said that when the PS4 comes out you'll get at least one PS4 game from Playstation Plus, so I'd imagine that the Xbox Live thing does the same thing. I can't imagine they'd be stupid enough to give you 360 games with a new console that isn't backwards compatible. Though the stupidity that Microsoft has shown thus far makes me think that I could be wrong, but I'm going to imagine that they'd be giving you Xbox One games once the console is released.

Although they do seem to still be pushing the 360 with the comment like "If you want to play games offline, buy a 360." or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelvind View Post
    Another reason to buy PS4, Microsoft just enabled their store here in Slovakia last year and will not support it from the beginning of next gen. PS4 will support us and there will be enabled store. I think this is really big deal for everyone. Why would you buy a console, which does not support you ? As for the controller. Its quite nice, no need to use any "hardware modification" or whatever. Thanks

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 10:04 AM ----------

I feel it same way.
    I have to admit, that is a better solution. I'm doing that as well since I'm moving from xbox to ps4 too. The controller is the only thing that I would have missed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Although they do seem to still be pushing the 360 with the comment like "If you want to play games offline, buy a 360." or something like that.
    lol If that is the case then MS might have shot themselves in the foot big time if they said something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    lol If that is the case then MS might have shot themselves in the foot big time if they said something like that.
    They did say something like that. In an interview that was aired by accident. Here is the interview video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkEe_l7S3g

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I am working with severe back injury, working and so is my wife to provide for us. So $100 is most certainly a deal breaker for us. If you actually had to work hard and pay all the bills $100 could be a power bill, an internet/phone bill, food for a week or more, or any number of things. But you more than likely don't understand what it truly means to work for a living by the shallow myopic posts you have made in regards to people here.

And by teh way before you attempt to continue to twists the shit you say, you did in fact say that a console was a PC.....which it is not. Computer, yes.
    Sorry, not to sound mean here, but obviously, $400-$500 consoles (and that's just the entry fee) are not targeted for someone like you. If you live every month with your budgeting coming down to only having $100 left to pay an electric bill or put food on the table, I would say you shouldn't be buying a next gen console and the games for it. It's obviously out of your price range, REGARDLESS of which one you pick. But I guess some people have pretty fucked up priorities.

Deleted
    XBox One- the product which happens when the corporation starts believing that it's the most important part of the relationship over the consumer. Guess not one of those guys at MS remembered their lessons in basic capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    MMO's are that way by default 100% because it connects to other players in an online server and you get on that server via internet.

Xbox didn't do this. Checking online to play a non online game makes no sense and has no benefit.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, and you can choose to believe this or not, but it does have a benefit. It is just Microsoft is doing a bad job at explaining the benefits. They talked about this thing called "cloud computing", where the 300k servers they invested in will help provide lots of advantages to your games.

This is a good article on Kotaku where they said that there is a more convincing reason for always online, http://kotaku.com/a-slightly-more-co...s-fo-513295925

In basic the 300k servers help run Xbox one games perhaps providing better graphics etc... Although we still have not seen this in action, I wouldn't rule it out as "fake" just yet. The Forza developer has said that the always online actually does help make their game better, adding smarter and more dynamic AI.

Now of course you can choose to believe it or not, but of course like everyone else hating the Xbox, you will probably pull out the "bullshit" card.
    Last edited by DeathKnight Guy; 2013-06-14 at 09:56 AM.
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, and you can choose to believe this or not, but it does have a benefit. It is just Microsoft is doing a bad job at explaining the benefits. They talked about this thing called "cloud computing", where the 300k servers they invested in will help provide lots of advantages to your games.

This is a good article on Kotaku where they said that there is a more convincing reason for always online, http://kotaku.com/a-slightly-more-co...s-fo-513295925

In basic the 300k servers help run Xbox one games perhaps providing better graphics etc... Although we still have not seen this in action, I wouldn't rule it out as "fake" just yet. The Forza developer has said that the always online actually does help make their game better, adding smarter and more dynamic AI.

Now of course you can choose to believe it or not, but of course like everyone else hating the Xbox, you will probably pull out the "bullshit" card.
    That's a legitimate reason for sure but you have to ask if that one upside is worth all the downsides. I mean it's all well and good that you can get superior graphics and better AI and ever changing landscapes while your not playing a game, but that means nothing if your internet goes out and you can't play the damned thing in the first place

So yeah, kudos. One good thing about the Xbox. It does not however make up for all the other things letting it down.

Deleted
    BAsically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...VSmXnCo#t=180s

I also doubt "cloud" gaming is going to be as big a deal as the marketing shite thats following it. Are the people that can only connect once every 24 hours going to have to play single player games withut any AI or sub standard gfx if they cant connect to the internet?

Or will it just amount to not having live adverts in game getting streamed from the cloud spamming me with doritos ads in the middle of halo or etc etc?

Just seems that Sony put 100% of effort into pleasing gamers and and giving them a powerful gaming machine while Xbox has put 75% into pleasing their advert providers and partners, then put 25% into the half assed weak cable box.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:14 PM ----------

You are not even going to require PSN + for some online games now or any of the free multiplayer and mmo..

Even devs have the option to put the online behind PSN + or not.

http://www.mmobomb.com/news/playstat...-games-on-ps4/
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2013-06-14 at 11:42 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    BAsically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...VSmXnCo#t=180s

I also doubt "cloud" gaming is going to be as big a deal as the marketing shite thats following it. Are the people that can only connect once every 24 hours going to have to play single player games withut any AI or sub standard gfx if they cant connect to the internet?

Or will it just amount to not having live adverts in game getting streamed from the cloud spamming me with doritos ads in the middle of halo or etc etc?

Just seems that Sony put 100% of effort into pleasing gamers and and giving them a powerful gaming machine while Xbox has put 75% into pleasing their advert providers and partners, then put 25% into the half assed weak cable box.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 01:14 PM ----------

You are not even going to require PSN + for some online games now or any of the free multiplayer and mmo..

Even devs have the option to put the online behind PSN + or not.

http://www.mmobomb.com/news/playstat...-games-on-ps4/
    Sort of basically it means if you have no net connection you will not be able to play on the XB1 at all.. The XB1 has to be connected to the net at least once a day for it to keep on working may sound not bad but if you forgot to plug it in and wanted to play then yeah not good or if you could not get or afford to get internet access then ya outta luck..

If you read this http://haverzine.com/2013/06/11/how-...playstation-4/ it explains things a bit better..

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/ho...or-themselves/ has another opinion of the XB1.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-06-14 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    A majority of children think justin beiber is a good singer, does this make it so?
    ...do you need $500 and an always online internet connection in order to listen to Justin Beiber? Do they stop you from giving a copy of his songs to your friends?

10+ Year Old Account

I totally get that always online while gaming is great. But what about the 24 hour authentication? Where is the user's benefit to that?

Also, what happens if I don't authenticate? My game session will stop and boot me to the home screen? What happens if I am away on vacation and i'm not home to plug in and turn on my xbox? Do I just need to authenticate once I get home and everything will be fine? Or do I have to jump through hoops proving my identity?

My guess is that you just need to turn it on and it will automatically authenticate without troubling the user. No matter how long you are gone.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2013-06-14 at 03:00 PM.

Votes currently at

PS4 29808
    XB1 1662

Their statement is so vague I don't even know where to begin, the fact that you linked that article at all is perplexing (since it doesn't explain anything just an accusation). All they said is it helps run xbox games... does this weigh against the negatives? No surely not, it fucks people over and for what? Slightly better graphics (which you claim they make no mention of it in the article)? FYI if they need to connect to the internet every 24 hours to get slightly better graphics and game run time then they aren't doing their job. They should of just developed xbox one as a PC. There is no user benefit to this authentication crap, and they did 2 conferences. TWO where they could explain their shit. No instead they give us a car you will never drive.

I haven't owned a console since the Wii. I'm not hating on Microsoft just to hate, there is a reason. I have issues with PS4 too but Xbox has issues that out wiegh them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'm still getting both systems lol. I really have nothing to hide. Hell my 360 is "always on" and the whole Kinect thing doesn't really bother me too much.

As for the DRM thing, we never know, it might just end up making games cheaper for it by being able to digitally download games like on Steam. Hell maybe they'll even have sales like steam.

MS and the whole indie developer thing kinda sucks though.