Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    So? How much time do you spend staring at your character without his clothes on?
    it's all about the face tbh, new animations make our chars look almost real.
    Better tits are a plus though.

Deleted
    Some more customization would be nice, like for orcs able to add face paint like in old Warcraft games.

This is one of the reasons I'm re-subscribing. My favourite race are Humans, so you can see how long I've been waiting for something like this. Blizzard should grant a free character re-customization for every pre-existing character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The new models will be amazing.

But there is one thing that bothers me... Vanilla graphics. Just go to Felwood, or Dustmallow Marsh... and take a look at the quality of the tree textures for example. You will almost quit the game...

I understand that the engine and graphics of WoW is something that a lot of players love, but it doesn't hurt to update textures.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly?

I don't see this being that big a deal.

Yes, it'll be great to see them. Yes, it'll make the game look more modern. Yes, it's been coming for a while. But once the models are covered in armour and you're playing the game, it's unlikely you're going to be looking at the model very much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    No really. It WILL be one of the best things in years...for exactly 4.23 seconds. And then you will reequip armor and forget it happened.
    Soz, just my honest guess about how this will all pan out.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Feral druid here! i won't get to enjoy them as much

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    A new engine for wow will be better if it supports 8 core cpu's and high end video cards at 2560x1440

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm excited for this, I've gotta say that I'm way more excited for the new cape animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    A new engine for wow will be better if it supports 8 core cpu's and high end video cards at 2560x1440
    We can't even use the "might as well make a new game" excuse.. Since they really have changed just about everything by now. But I haven't even thought about that.. WoW probably looks awful on my new rig.

Deleted
    I really hope the troll models will look like the one from voljin, that would be just amazing

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its not just player models... ITS EVERY NPC YOU INTERACT WITH

even the races that use a playable races skeleton.
    No one seems to remember this. There are a lot of PC races used for NPCs in the game. I highly doubt replacing the models is not going to affect these characters also. Much of the world should look a lot better, and at the very least the ones in Draenor will. There are also 9 to 24 other people in your raid you will be looking at too... it's not just about your model.

Won't make the slightest difference. Spend 99.9% of the time looking at the back of my character's arse from 50 feet away.

Gigantic waste of resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im looking forward to this. But ffs when they are going to show female orcs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Won't make the slightest difference. Spend 99.9% of the time looking at the back of my character's arse from 50 feet away.

Gigantic waste of resources.
    Gosh, read the post above you, will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    Gosh, read the post above you, will you?
    Couldn't tell you what 99.9% of the npc characters look like in game either. Why would I notice if they looked better if I don't know what they look like now? My image of all the main characters comes primarily from rendered clips and set pieces with higher detail than the updated models will ever have, and I don't ever zoom in on the npcs in game.

Like I said; 99.9% of the time I spend looking at my character's arse from 50 feet. This won't make the slightest difference and is a giant waste of resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only glanced at the new models and they mostly looked the same.

Couldn't tell you what 99.9% of the npc characters look like in game either. Why would I notice if they looked better if I don't know what they look like now? My image of all the main characters comes primarily from rendered clips and set pieces with higher detail than the updated models will ever have, and I don't ever zoom in on the npcs in game.

Like I said; 99.9% of the time I spend looking at my character's arse from 50 feet. This won't make the slightest difference and is a giant waste of resources.
    I agree, I think the new models are a major waste of time, and I would have rather had some new feature in WoD, new character models won't be a selling point for me.

This is all on you.

It will be easy to notice the difference between quest NPCs now and then. Just because you don't pay attention to anything aside from your stats and how high your 'NUMBAHZ' are doesn't mean everyone is like that. Plus, to not see the difference would require you to either: 1) need a new pair of glasses. 2) stop walking backwards in WoW.

Deleted
    Entirely your own problem if you choose to play like that.