Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Would you play Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK if Blizzard would offer separate servers for it?

Hi, I'm not sure If it's just me, but after Cata WoW seems to be losing it and painfully it goes nowhere.. And I'm thinking of why Blizzard does not offer separate servers for particular expansion only, such as TBC/WOTLK or Vanilla as it would definitely bring them profit from my perspective, would you guys choose to play older expansion over MoP ? I love WoW, I do.. and it's worth last penny, however I'm getting desperate here as I miss to much of TBC or even Vanilla and now even thinking of switching to some private server and it's not due to financial reasons..

Oh and forgot to ask, I hope this is not inappropriate.. I was checking WoW servers top list <snip> do you know which of these private servers are decent ?

Moderator edit: It is very inappropriate. Please do not do this again. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-21 at 10:44 AM.

nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

I think they have a chance to turn it around in WoD after the lackluster expansions that were Cata and MoP. In regards to your question, I would definitely play those servers and the people who get on here and say Blizzard wouldn't make a profit are kidding themselves.

Sure, I play on private servers now to play them when I'm in the mood though.

Nostalgia sells! Except for Vanilla where people would be in and out of there after 15 minutes :3

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
    You dont know the half of it.

...not really. As much as I miss the old talent trees, the Ahn Qijarj event, the old community, I feel the present game is by far better than the old. I am happy now.

Unless someone mentions starting over from day one vanilla, in which case I would pay twenty bucks a month to play on that server!

Deleted
    In the end it would do more damage to the game then it would do good. What is fun about a game that will never change or evolve? You would stop playing it once you beat it. What I would like to see is rather that wod will be more like vanilla/tbc, than seeing realms featuring old expansions go live. Old realms would take the focus away from the real game.

i go back to wotlk, yup. actually wish i could until WoD comes out. 6+ more months of SoO makes me want to cry/unsub. but alas, not many good new games out lately that take longer then 10-20 hrs to beat. would love a good old fashion ulduar run that wasnt retarded overkill. or a naxx run with good ol' 200ilvl gears. number squish will be nice...
    WTB gw2 old content scaling.

Deleted
    Nope. Not the right person for nostalgia fuel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xib View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure If it's just me, but after Cata WoW seems to be losing it and painfully it goes nowhere.. And I'm thinking of why Blizzard does not offer separate servers for particular expansion only, such as TBC/WOTLK or Vanilla as it would definitely bring them profit from my perspective, would you guys choose to play older expansion over MoP ? I love WoW, I do.. and it's worth last penny, however I'm getting desperate here as I miss to much of TBC or even Vanilla and now even thinking of switching to some private server and it's not due to financial reasons..
    Whether we would or would not play on one of those servers is irrelevant... Blizzard has emphatically stated that they will NOT be offering those kind of servers.

You probably should examine one of the other dozen threads in the past about this as well.

Simply put, regardless of what you want, it isn't going to happen... Blizzard has stated the financial cost and the time investment versus the potential income isn't worth it to them, in addition, they have said that they are looking forward, not willing to go backwards.

Personally, if you are 'that' desperate to play vanilla/TBC/LK and ONLY that, then I highly recommend you make that move to the private servers.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    I would definitely pay for nostalgia Give me proper 40 man raids of vanilla, TBC or WOTLK arena PVP and you got my money..

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm pretty sure it'd be something that players would enjoy for a very short time and then get bored. the true problem lies in splitting the population. some would play each expansion leaving each server to feel really empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Whether we would or would not play on one of those servers is irrelevant... Blizzard has emphatically stated that they will NOT be offering those kind of servers.

You probably should examine one of the other dozen threads in the past about this as well.

Simply put, regardless of what you want, it isn't going to happen... the financial cost and the time investment versus the potential income isn't worth it to them, in addition, they have said that they are looking forward, not willing to go backwards.

Personally, if you are 'that' desperate to play vanilla/TBC/LK and ONLY that, then I highly recommend you make that move to the private servers.
    There are still a such thing as private servers? I thought they closed down after Blizzard sent all of those cease and desist notes in 2010

yep like in every topic like this there is bunch off ppl without any arguments only nostalgia, log out after 15 min phrases how can you even say something like this its not like you know every player way of thinking right? i belive 1.12 srv would be huge succes and if did on separate pack with some disscount for ppl alerdy subbed cost would be minimal with potentialy big income, and keep ppl still subbed to wow. I dont rly belive its makes big difference to to them for what version are we paying till we keep keep doing it :P

Deleted
    Vanilla yeah, it was a good game, very different from what we have now, and I enjoyed it a lot (I do enjoy what we have now too)... I'd love to rereun old instances that take 3/4 hours to complete and required good communication... do some raids (I didnt do much raids besides UBRS back then) and AV!

Absolutely not. There's not enough replayability for me to shell out money for it. There's nowhere near the profit in it that nostalgia junkies think there is. As in blizzard would lose money on the deal. If you miss vanilla, nothing is keeping you from killing thousands of the same mob over and over and over again.

Deleted
    If blizzard is to make a separated servers for that old expansion - Short answer No! Long Answer NOOOOOOO!

Been there. Done that. I dont wanna repeat any of the grinds/raids anymore... i had done them enough times :}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    There are still a such thing as private servers? I thought they closed down after Blizzard sent all of those cease and desist notes in 2010
    I dont know if there are or not... I was under that same impression that all the private (or the majority of them) closed down with the cease and desist letters as well.. but, who knows.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Not me, no. I prefer where things are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xib View Post
    I would definitely pay for nostalgia Give me proper 40 man raids of vanilla, TBC or WOTLK arena PVP and you got my money..
    YOU might be willing to pay, but I highly doubt that YOU would be willing to pay long enough to make it profitable for Blizzard to do.