Deleted

Computer crashing while playing.

Hey.

When I'm playing newer computer games like WoW, Mass Effect (1,2,3), Portal, Battlefield 3 etc. they tend to crash either by Windows shutting down normally working process or causing blue screen (MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION *** STOP: 0x0000009c (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF880009F5B70, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)).

Sometimes I can play hours without crashing occurring but sometimes it can happen multiple times in couple minutes. Problem doesn't seem to occur when I play older 2D games like Stronghold or when I use computer to anything else but gaming. Computer's heat seems to stay in normal perimeters (around 50 celsius) and I've tested that fault is not in RAM (removed both RAMs one at a time). Also games have been installed to both of my hard disks without difference in crashing. I also have latest graphic drivers installed.

I've Intel i5 3570k 3,4 GHz processor, ASUS Geforce GTX 660 TI-DC2-2GD5 GPU, ASUS P8Z77-V XL motherboard, 2x Patriot Viper 4 GB 1600 MHz RAM, Corsair CX600 power supply, 120GB Kingston SSD and 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 6GB/s HDD and my operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit).

Could there be some driver or system incompatibilities that causes system to crash when playing? Or could there be mechanical fault in parts?

Thank you.

Try this

Get in your bios, go advanced mode > AI tweaker > scroll down > Set vccsa voltage to 1.10V. Should fix it.

Deleted
    Thank you from your advise but my problem didn't get fixed. Games still crash by Windows and I also got one PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD and two unspesified BSODs.

Quote Originally Posted by JWolfie View Post
    Thank you from your advise but my problem didn't get fixed. Games still crash by Windows and I also got one PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD and two unspesified BSODs.
    Try to load an xmp profile, this way

Deleted
    any overclocks going on? (or perhaps a factory overclock on the gpu?)

Deleted
    XMP profile didn't help. Didn't get any BOSDs so far... (tested couple hours) but games still keep crashing infrequently.
    And no there's not any overclockings.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    0x0000009c is generally a CPU overclocking issue. Even if you're not overclocking, the issue stems from:

"0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances"

I had these BSODs while overclocking. Fixed it by increasing my vcore by increments of 0.05v until it was stable.

EDIT: Considering that you're not overclocked, and it is a voltage issue, you might have a bad/too small of a power supply. Given it's a 600W, which should be plenty for your system, I'd try another PSU if you have one available.
    Last edited by Annoying; 2013-06-13 at 10:00 PM.

Edit: Nevermind
    Last edited by Faithh; 2013-06-13 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    I'll test that vcore. Could there be fault in CPU itself? I think that I will test formating my computer somewhere down the line if none of these seem to help in case there is some software that would affect this.

I'll test that vcore. Could there be fault in CPU itself? I think that I will test formating my computer somewhere down the line if none of these seem to help in case there is some software that would affect this.
    Could you give a few details about: "Windows shutting normally down?" The pc just reboots, right?

Deleted
    No I meant Windows shuts down the game that I'm playing giving "Windows shut down normally working process" message.

No I meant Windows shuts down the game that I'm playing giving "Windows shut down normally working process" message.
    You can check the voltage rails of the psu with HWmonitor, 12V & 5V & 3.3V are them.

Deleted
    12V & 5V & 3.3V seemed stable and fine, staying at 12V, 5V and 3.3V or slightly above. Still need to test that vcore thought. Been testing nvidia's customer supports driver and control panel changes. For now I've not encountered any BOSDs but they've been rarer also to begin with. Games still crash time to time.

12V & 5V & 3.3V seemed stable and fine, staying at 12V, 5V and 3.3V or slightly above. Still need to test that vcore thought. Been testing nvidia's customer supports driver and control panel changes. For now I've not encountered any BOSDs but they've been rarer also to begin with. Games still crash time to time.
    The new driver 320.18 causes a lot of crash issues and killing cards, there's a thread going on OCN.net. Try to revert to 314.22

Deleted
    Yeah. Already did that amongst first acts.

If you still have issues, reinstall 314.22 again, take custom installation and make sure to select "clean install".

Deleted
    I did it just like that as I was advised. I think that crashing doesn't happen now as so often, but not completely sure because of their infrequent nature. And still no BSODs so far.