Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Playerbase should form some anti-tox squad ganing people ingame for months after someone reports them.
    And then there should be some anti-anti squad who declares war against all players who dare to judge others.
    Then there should be some kind of tyrant who has enough power to crush all those groups together.

And then after no one is left, because in the end nobody was capable enough to find the absolute truth we can finally start to play the game again with all the toxic people, the justice people, the bad people, the good people and normal people which have a total membership of zero people. We are not. I am. You might be. That's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    1. They don't have ban immunity. It's that every time YOU initiate a votekick, your right to do it again becomes more distant. The bigger the butthurt kicker you are, the rarer will you be allowed to kick people. This isn't to protect trolls, this is to curb the tendency of elitist whores to kick ppl simply because they don't have OVER 9000 ilevel in dungeon.
    I've had people that it said I can't kick them for 30 min, yet they were kicked just fine by other members of the group.
    2. Yes Blizzard should allow you to ignore total strangers that didn't even say anything, just because you don't like their mog or their gems or something.
    5. You can report such players and they will be infracted. Hell, I would LIKE one to harass me so I can give him a ban.
    6. Take screenshots before reporting ? Also, the GM have all the info on log, they don't need your evidence.
    7. Ninja looting in randoms is acceptable. It's not acceptable in pug raids when the leader clearly stated the loot rules before hand. So make sure you ask the leader the loot rules before starting and leave if you don't like them.
    8. The odds for the same kicked player to be able to join the same group through the LFG are very slim. But I do agree that kicked players should get a deserter debuff, just like players being kicked from battlegrounds.
    1. There is a dual system of both, I rarely kick (only offline) and have come back from a 6 month break and seen this.
    2. Cant ignore a ninja puller or an afker wanting a carry if they don't say something.
    5. Infraction control is in the eyes of a blizz employee/bot who only is concerned with t&c not QoL.
    6. Screenshots are needed for reporting to guilds directly either my own or another (if their behaviour warrants it) No nee for the few to make the rest look bad
    7. Stealing the healers trinket while you are tanking is perfectly fine.
    8. while you are leveling this is more obvious than @90 and the queues are longer, I dont want to wait an hour+ to meet the same douchebag again.

Alot of your arguments are just putting words into my mouth, as I recall you are not me. I am surprised at what you consider to viable arguments for these. New players are to be guided, trash is to be ignored, I'm not an elitist I've spent my 9 years of wow in the same casual guild having fun with my wow family. get off you high horse.

The number of toxic players skyrocketed after implementing features that increased the already present anonymity of players by a lot (e.g. LFD/LFR).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    With WoW its a little different, unless they do something specifically against the ToS(IE botting, hacking, etc), nothing can really be done to these so called 'toxic' players, especially since its player's money you are dealing with.
    1. Blizzard can shut down any account at any given time, totally at their own leisure. And that's how the TOU reflects or translates.
    2. The other argument, Blizzard can't and won't punish players, since those players pay subs..
    This argument is as wrong as it possibly gets, since if 1 toxic player pisses off only 2 non toxic players enough for them to quit, then right there Blizzard is better off to drop the toxic player.
    So the fact of the matter is, that WOW or any other sub based game can be easier and quicker cleaned up than F2P games.
    I am pretty sure that in most cases it will be enough to just punish at all. What would have to change in WOW would be real time consequences. Jerks would probably come faster to reason and decent behavior if there was a possibility that it makes CLICK only minutes after they've got reported. I am also sure it's not nearly as fun as making other players game shitty, when one gets kicked off the game in the middle of a Dungeon, BG. Arena, or Raid.. The most effective way to teach someone a lesson is when you effect their own game as negative as they do it to others.
    Now from the (rather save) assumption that most jerks are actually cowards irl anyway, who only use the online world as a shield where they can act an do as they would never dare to irl, because they are too scared someone would kick their ass for their behavior.
    It would be already enough to know that such mechanisms are in place to cut the behavior back dramatically. Cowards remain just that, even behind the screen and keyboard once they know they can and eventually will be caught.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Someone already linked the Toxic Avenger? Damn, well I guess I have no purpose here.

As long as they keep paying, they will be seen as customers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    These people introduce increase entropy into the system though. This is bad for -all- of us whether you're aware of the concept of entropy or not.
    I havent got the slightest clue what you mean by that term in relationship to a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    I havent got the slightest clue what you mean by that term in relationship to a game.
    He sounds like a philosopher or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in tbc my guild was runing a site that checked every player on the server if he done something wrong or not.
    It was like this:
    *If toxic player ninjaed a guild member they were on black list. (or any1 else)
    *If toxic player was talking bad abauth some1 (guild or any1 else) we made sure he was not invited to any raids (pug) and if he started to make his own group we pretty much attacked him till he transvered off the server. (we wanted to make server as healty as posible)
    *If toxic player was wiping ppl on purpose (kazzak pulls) he got reported by whole server.
    *If toxic player scammed some1, all the screenshots of his scam were on a site. (very helpfull even to other players that were not part of guild as a protection against scammers)
    *If toxic player was stealing from other guilds (bank) or disabanded guild he was blacklisted (before banks we were using lvl 1 alts too store stuff...usualy a gm of guild did that)
    *Bots were also on the list

So we were pretty much server police back in the days. But when they added crosserver LFG/LFR it was kinda pointless to blacklist offserver ppl.

So if comunity goes against toxic players you can fix a thing or two. Its all posible.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    What is a toxic player? At what point is a player cross the toxic line?
    You can tell because a toxic player radiates green light, has evil eyes, and you get ill if you get too near.

OT; how did LoL clear up those players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You can tell because a toxic player radiates green light, has evil eyes, and you get ill if you get too near.

OT; how did LoL clear up those players?
    http://gdcvault.com/play/1017940/The...Shaping-Player

thats them explaining everything in detail, it's very interesting, the only counterargument is that as previously stated they only removed it for lvl30 players as those banned will go back to lvl1.

Deleted
    People seem to forget that playing games is also making you work towards things. People can go with the ''LOL IS FREE HE CAN JUST MAKE NEW ACCOUNT'' arguement all they want, when you have taken your account up to level 30, bought champions, skins, name it, people don't really want to get banned.

Sure he can make a new account all they want, but hell how boring it will be for him to continue being an arse and get all his work scratched and back to zero.

Same with WoW. Subscription based game, you have worked shitloads on your characters, gotten a lot of achievements and whatnot, you start to bot because you have been safe so far, and you get banned, not the greatest feeling ever I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    What will Blizzard do about toxic players?
    Nothing, they pretty much created perfect environment for them and they'll just maintain it.
    Blizzard devolved from douchebag tolerant to douchebag centered company. Currently assholes are their most valued customers and they'll continue catering to them. Until subs tank even more, then perhaps Blizzard might consider pulling their head out of their ass and think about approach that won't favor douchebags above anyone else. We are nowhere close to that point yet.

Deleted
    Toxic players are all players that annoy me

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blizzard has been ineffectual in dealing with the negative elements in the game culture.
    usually because people do not report them. On my realm a raiding 90 was perma banned for harassing someone - they do act but.. most people will just not report - they much prefer to cry in here and blame Blizzard, who if the are not given evidence of continual bad behaviour will do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    usually because people do not report them. On my realm a raiding 90 was perma banned for harassing someone - they do act but.. most people will just not report - they much prefer to cry in here and blame Blizzard, who if the are not given evidence of continual bad behaviour will do nothing.
    Do you expect the playerbase to change their reporting behaviour, so that they report more often? Does Blizzard expect them to? No, it's unrealistic. Of course it would be the easiest solution, but it just won't happen, not matter how much you want it. So a different solution has to be found, what you suggested is not effective/realistic.

Either Blizzard has to do something that the right players get reported more often or they have to find a different solution altogether. Just sitting around saying "But they all just have to report them!" doesn't help anyone.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2013-06-16 at 02:12 PM.

Before Blizzard added features that promote and increase the number of toxic players drastically, it was entirely possible to solve some issues like that.

Nowadays it's impossible. Neither the players reporting nor the GMs themselves can cope with the sheer amount of toxic players nowadays.
    Also a lot of toxic players try to go very close to the line where it's still accepted by GMs (because they can not do anything about it) but they don't cross it, so both the players suffering from the toxic player and the GMs know that he deserves life-long pain but no one can do anything about it.

If the majority of the participants of a system suffer hard and no one can solve it entirely, the only solution is to change the system back to what it was (e.g. remove at least some anonymity).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you got a point there..

Yesterday I've done Oondasta on an alt. So I stand there waiting, and observing the scenery. There were a bunch of douches who kept pulling all the mobs into the raid, to have the raid kill it for them. That alone is already a jerk move, but the icing was, how they proceeded doing so when Oondasta was already pulled. It caused 2 wipes. Dealing with the boss and a whole herd of raptors (at some point there were 3 big ones in the middle of the raid) is barely doable.
    I reported 2 jerks, but I am not so sure if anyone else reported them at all. Most were just busy bitching about the trash, but that's all.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted

Blizzard aren't going to lose those subs over a little griefing.