Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yes, all you needed was "luck" to kill Illidan or Kil'jaeden consistently when they were current. Those bosses and the ones preceding them were definitely as easy as LFR is now.
    Uh...no they arent, unless you mean by nerfed and you overpoweringit then, yes. But I bet you anything that a scaled up version of kael would crush any LFR group. Those bosses used to end guilds....

Deleted
    Players who dont raid other than LFR are "left out" if blizzard doesnt give them the newest legendaries.
    I would not want LFR to grant a legendary but knowing how blizzard changes things so that u can obtain them playing only 2h a week they will make a LFR legendary sure.
    It will suck balls tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    The solo quest for cloak is joke aswell, so yes, running LFR does grant you the 600ilvl cloak. I dont think LFR should have legendary. heck they shouldnt even have tier. They should just give offset items.
    Clearly, it's not a "joke" for the average player. There are a not insignificant number of threads on this website where people are asking for help with the quest because they are struggling. You're a Heroic raider, you're in the top percentile of players, far above the majority of people who only do LFR. Of course the quest seems like a joke to you and me, but it doesn't to the majority of the people who only do LFR and are in barely 502 average ilvl. If you're not actively raiding outside of LFR, the quest is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY harder simply by merit of your lesser gear.

People who ONLY raid LFR will struggle with that quest. If they can complete the quest for the 600 cloak in only LFR gear, then kudos to them, they deserve it. But it's not "granted" to you solely for running LFR. You cannot AFK your way to the cloak, and I doubt you'll be able to AFK your way to the Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    My favorite part of this thread is all the "raiders" who are crying about someone else being able to get their toy too, absolutely delicious.

OT: Don't like it? Too bad! It's gonna happen
    If only I had a bag of popcorn to watch all the QQ being posted.

In response to the OP, I sure hope so. If for no other reason that the sheer joy I will feel knowing that there are a bunch of people getting their panties in a twist over it.

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    Just keep legendaries for for heroic modes? Legendary weapons have never been "heroic-only," they've always been obtainable in normal modes. Personally, I don't care, I very much doubt that if there are in fact legendary weapons, that the LFR raider's weapon will be as powerful as the normal or heroic raider's weapon; my guess is that each one will be substantially more powerful than the weapons that drop in the corresponding difficulty, but not as powerful as the next difficulty up. For example, SoO LFR items will be ilvl 528, the legendary might be ilvl 540; normal ilvl will be ilvl 548; legendary might be ilvl 560. Considerable more powerful than corresponding weapons but not as good as say, a normal epic weapon drop from the difficulty above, with perhaps the exception of LFR Legendary weapon vs Flex Weapons, and even there there'd only be a 4 ilvl difference. But as someone who is 12/12 in ToT on my main and has a few ToT normal kills on alts but mostly does LFR with them, but has taken the time to do the legendary questline on them, I'd be frustrated if all the time I put in on them didn't amount to some kind of reward in the end, even though most of them will be LFR/Flex toons only, with my main only full clearing normals and downing some heroic bosses.
    So basically you want a "kind of legendary" a "sort of legendary" a "almost legendary" and then a "real legendary". Look people- a Legendary is a Legendary and there should only be 1 ilvl of it. So what if people from LFR get a legendary, odds are it will take them longer to get it and its not like someone with a legendary but the rest of there gear is substantially lower then yours is all of a sudden going to be topping meters. Get over yourselves already...

As a guy who used to do Heroic raiding, but is now stuck in PuGs and LFR due to work. (expletive) casuals. Legendary's should take hardwork and dedication, not afking while 20 people carry you. If they wanna give LFR people legendaries, they better add solo scenarios and bosses that literally cause eyes to bleed from the difficulty.

Really, the heroic raiders should be begging for the legendary to be available to LFR raiders. Heroic raiders are a minority within a minority. Guess who pays for all the time that goes into making large raids and even heroic-only encounters ? Because it's sure not a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

My money is on it being about a 0% chance they will not give it to LFR, it's so casual now everyone demands to get and see everything or they throw their toys out.

Maybe they will put in a "hard" solo scenario, but I would't put allot of money on it being i.e like the Hunter epic bow q was in vanilla, if they did, forums would overflow with tears of people not understanding why the boss does't bend over and just hand over the legendary like LFR bosses do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, yes. Yes, it will.

let LFR players get it but make it have like 1/3 the droprate in LFR. so by the time 40k LFR heroes are getting there legendaries heroic raiders will be 14/14 heroic and logging on once a week waiting for the next expansion. I don't even care if flex drops it the same as heroic. Cause atleast people who do flex will have some brains. I Just don't wanna see a fully ungemmed 40k lfr hero with a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon?
    Does it hurt you that much that people can play the game they want?

So many people have all the past expansion Legendaries it's a joke. They should have to run that raid (say Molten Core) at level 60, with no gear greater than that obtainable for their current progression, and never have raid interaction or carries higher levels.

Would that make you feel better too?

I just don't get how people can see hundreds of people running around with Legendaries, the hardest item in the game to obtain, and say thats perfectly fine...

When have legendaries actually been legendary ?
    Take the glaives, bow, and even to a large extent any collection quests.
    RNG reliant, where someone can progress way quicker or slower irrespective of their skill or results.
    One lucky kill for someone brought in last minute could nab them a legendary while someone there 10 or 100 times might not see it.
    The solo fight is what I would describe as about the only part worthy of it being a legendary.

LFR is used by the traditional raiding community to boost their progress, so it sure as hell should not be denied to us when they can use the content meant for us to cheat it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-17 at 10:53 PM.

I hope they do just to piss of all the people who will throw a fit "BUT THESE LFR SCRUBS CAN HAVE THE SAME ORANGE WEAPON THAT I CAN!!!!11111".

That despair will be quite delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorperior View Post
    I just don't get how people can see hundreds of people running around with Legendaries, the hardest item in the game to obtain, and say thats perfectly fine...
    It's not the hardest to obtain. The worst thing they did was put Orange letters on it. It's a Lore quest involving the entire expansion. Get over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    obviously it will be available, not sure if you've been following the trend in wow...
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll steal one from Chen:

"Perhaps, there is a better question."

Instead of WILL we be getting one, how about WHY are we getting one? You know Blizzard is already working on the next expac, just what is in store for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Not only is fulfillment a subjective concept, but this is patently wrong. Video games can offer a certain type of fulfillment. Even before the advent of MMORPGs, why do you think people held value in "mastering" a video game? MMORPGs are even more about fulfillment than the preceding genres. The carrot hanging by the end of the stick is the fulfillment and everyone is after it, it's the entire business model that keeps people playing.

I'd argue that if you aren't looking for SOME TYPE of fulfillment in a video game, then you misunderstand the entire point of MMORPGs and shouldn't be playing them. I can't imagine the type of person that can pay 15 bucks a month and spend several hours a day/week playing this game and have no particular direction or goals in the game, but I know from reading these forums that they apparently exist in massive numbers.
    Touche. Perhaps I took his comment on fulfillment too literally.

Legendaries quit being legends when 10 mans were able to get them. Thank Firelands for the fall of legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    So basically you want a "kind of legendary" a "sort of legendary" a "almost legendary" and then a "real legendary". Look people- a Legendary is a Legendary and there should only be 1 ilvl of it. So what if people from LFR get a legendary, odds are it will take them longer to get it and its not like someone with a legendary but the rest of there gear is substantially lower then yours is all of a sudden going to be topping meters. Get over yourselves already...
    I'm not sure what about my post so inflamed you that you thought I was full of myself, but I can assure you that that isn't the case. It was simply a guess on my part as to how Blizzard might address the issue of having legendary weapons in the next tier. I don't see them making a legendary weapon that can be obtainable by people who just do LFR that would be good enough for a Heroic raider to eschew it in favor of a Heroic weapon... that would completely mess up the whole concept of "character progression through gear upgrades" because if you can get a weapon from doing LFR and a few solo scenarios that is better than a Heroic raid weapon, it kind of defeats the purpose. I made it clear in my post that I am not, for the most part, a Heroic raider... I'm just a casual who enjoys raiding with some guildies and our group happens to be good enough to full clear normals and some heroic bosses before the next tier. I'm not and I don't consider myself leet or anybody special. If Blizzard deigned to make an ilvl 600 legendary weapon (for example) available for everyone from LFR raiders on up, I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't really care, to be honest... but I'd be doing my damndest to get my hands on it. However, I don't feel like that would be fair to Heroic raiders, and as I've stated previously, I'm not a Heroic raider so it's not a case of me being like "I'm more leet and special than you, therefore only people as good or better than I am should have access to this Legendary weapon." You completely misunderstood me and took me out of context. Next time you might want to think before you respond. And one more thing... Blizzard stated that the Sha-Touched weapons in T14 were "legendary weapons" when gemmed with the legendary gem... and as I recall, there were three separate ilvls of each of those weapons, upgrades notwithstanding... so maybe in the past legendaries were legendaries and only one ilvl, but that is simply not the case any longer.