Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    How many times people have to repeat the same thing, that the Old God in question is DEAD?
    You have done the newest scenario right? The one with Y'Shaarj's heart? The one in which Y'Shaarj says "I only sleep".
    Last edited by Ryken; 2013-06-18 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So......... he, a jarhead, somehow managed to do what not even Deathwing motherfucking aspect of the earth, could do. Control the powers of the Old Gods without being controlled himself.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit.
    well.. if someone kept whispering stuff into your ear for millenia you would go batshit aswell, Garrosh however have had no one whispering maddening stuff into his ear.. and even if he had, it wouldn't matter because his ideology is pretty close to what the old god ( provided he was actually alive ) would have otherwise manipulated him into believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You have done the newest scenario right? The one with Y'Shaaj's heart? The one in which Y'Shaaj says "I only sleep".
    You mean the Echo of Y'Shaarj? The Old Gods continue to spread influence in power even after their death. Weak willed individuals (like the Goblin in the scenario) are still totally susceptible even in the presence of an echo of that power... But Y'Shaarj is dead. Perhaps not 'dead' as in inactive and gone for eternity, but at the very least dead like how C'thun was post-AQ raid. The heart of Y'Shaarj is basically a great big battery of power, and Garrosh is going to channel that power and, just as the dev himself says, use it like a warhammer to smash his enemies.

Deathwing, on the other hand, was being controlled by N'Zoth subtly for thousands of years, an Old God who is still very much alive and ferociously powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    How many times people have to repeat the same thing, that the Old God in question is DEAD?
    you haven't read the comics where its directly shown that even dead old gods can still drive people to madness. The dead shell of C'tchun is still causing havok in the ruins of An'quiraj on the wowcomic. Same goes for the Heart of the newest god.

So yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you haven't read the comics where its directly shown that even dead old gods can still drive people to madness. The dead shell of C'tchun is still causing havok in the ruins of An'quiraj on the wowcomic. Same goes for the Heart of the newest god.

The fucking developer of the lore of w/e even confirmed hes just a dick / a bad apple so you try to contest with that.

Consider the Heart's proximity to the nexus of Pandaran culture, directly beneath the vale. The Heart itself never corrupted anybody in all its time there until the goblin in the scenario practically reached out to touch it. Of course, this may have to do with the containment box it was suspended within as well, but still.

15+ Year Old Account
    so mumbling demonic tongue to the skull of gul'dan all alone at the top of the black temple is in control you think? i think you mean he was in control but now he's like fuck it i'll take it all, how bad could it get anyway? lol

Deleted

Correction, Cho'gall made it possible for C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by timbo117 View Post
    so mumbling demonic tongue to the skull of gul'dan all alone at the top of the black temple is in control you think? i think you mean he was in control but now he's like fuck it i'll take it all, how bad could it get anyway? lol
    Illidan probably went more insane from being imprisoned in solitary confinement for ten thousand years than he did from using the skull. Most folks start to lose their minds after about a week of solitary, think of how it was for him!

Deleted
    Personally I'm inclined to go with it's a bit of both. Hellscream is in full control of himself and the power although (under the assumption Y'Shaarj still has any form of sentience left) I think the Old God is LETTING him.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    He's in control up until he hits Phase 3, at which point Y'shaarj takes over.

So you cannot blame Y'shaarj for Theramore, for Gilneas, for Southshore, for Karasang, for Stonetalon, for Ashenvale, for Orgrimmar, for Durotar, for the Barrens, or for the Vale.
    I am glad you read the fight lots of people seem to miss that part. It is in the raid notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    The fucking developer of the lore of w/e even confirmed hes just a dick / a bad apple so you try to contest with that.
    Its not the first time the developers of lore have said something stupid, or being wrong about something (Remember metzen at blizzcon saying "wait........ wasn't Fastad dead?). And before you go "ohhh but metzen is metzen he only cares about horde characters" Even kosak himself has been wrong before.

He wrote the Short story of Sylvannas "in the heart of night" where it shows Garrosh spearheading the assault on gilneas, even though the comic Curse of the Worgen clearly established that he's never been to Silverpine, and the horde quest "The Warchief Cometh" also states that this is his first visit to Silverpine.

So yeah, once more. Calling bullshit.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

They might say hes in control, but really the whole thing reeks of corruption. Just saying he isnt corrupted doesnt change the fact that his arc and behavior still follow that same storyline.

Mad with power, corrupt, insane with rage. Whats the difference? Dynamic villains usually have some kind of conflict in their character. Look at arthas or illidan. You could empathize with their path to destruction. Garrosh? Not even a little. He's less dynamic than deathwing.

Deleted
    Its not the first time the developers of lore have said something stupid, or being wrong about something (Remember metzen at blizzcon saying "wait........ wasn't Fastad dead?). And before you go "ohhh but metzen is metzen he only cares about horde characters" Even kosak himself has been wrong before.
    How can Kosak be wrong of something that he is writing? This is not about past lore, it's being written right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    How can Kosak be wrong of something that he is writing? This is not about past lore, it's being written right now.
    Until we get the audio files Kosak's word is the best we have. I don't get why people are disputing what he's saying when there's no evidence to the contrary.

He does not say anything about being corrupted by an old god. Only the sha.He is wielding the sha...but the actual old god? I don't think he could control that.

Quote Originally Posted by dave214 View Post
    He does not say anything about being corrupted by an old god. Only the sha.He is wielding the sha...but the actual old god? I don't think he could control that.
    He's using the heart of Y'Shaarj, which is right there in his throne room. You can see it on the video of the raid on the front page.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    Mad with power, corrupt, insane with rage. Whats the difference? Dynamic villains usually have some kind of conflict in their character. Look at arthas or illidan. You could empathize with their path to destruction. Garrosh? Not even a little. He's less dynamic than deathwing.
    People bitched ENDLESSLY when they learned that Deathwing was never in control of his own actions. They bitched about it being a huge story copout on Blizzard's part, because it completely cheapens him as a villain and makes everything he's ever done just pointless. And they were right. Having Deathwing be the ultimate villain of anything, when he was never the one in control at all, was badly done.

Garrosh is in control of his own actions and desires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

Except that Y'shaarj has been killed by the Titans. You know what this mean? That this Old God is the ONLY officially dead one that we have in Warcraft lore. And stop bitching this bullshit that the Old Gods have an overpowering will that no entity in the world can resist them, this is false. Strong-willed individuals with no doubts and no uncertainty can resist them, because the Old Gods delight in the mortal fears and doubts for break their wills.

And before you bring to the battle "the motherfucking aspect of earth has been corrupted", has been stated that his very role as Earth-Warder has been the cause of his madness by the whispers of the Old Gods, Neltharion was unique, because his unique tie with the world and its "deepest caverns and secrets" brought him to be an almost powerless victim of N'zoth, a burden that no other mortal, and no other dragon either, ever had.
    I find amusing how people never wonder to themselves why Deathwing has been the only Aspect literally bombarded of Old Gods whispers, shit that didn't happen to the other four.

The only bullshit here is the stubborn persistence of people bitching about this matter.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You have done the newest scenario right? The one with Y'Shaarj's heart? The one in which Y'Shaarj says "I only sleep".
    You read how the goblin was called, an ECHO of Y'shaarj, its not the Old God itself, it's a shadow of what remained of it.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-18 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    People bitched ENDLESSLY when they learned that Deathwing was never in control of his own actions. They bitched about it being a huge story copout on Blizzard's part, because it completely cheapens him as a villain and makes everything he's ever done just pointless. And they were right. Having Deathwing be the ultimate villain of anything, when he was never the one in control at all, was badly done.

Garrosh is in control of his own actions and desires.
    Right, but why? Because he is just plain evil? He's not a tormented soul, he has no greater cause he is sacrificing himself for, he's just a mean bad man. Theres no context to his character. He's just BAD. Thats just as deep and interesting as just being corrupt. The words are different but the lack of depth is still there.

I think for many players it comes down to this: "If I see one more friggin tentacle, I'm done."

We get that the Old Gods are a common story-thread, but it's also a damn tired story-thread. It's so blatantly Lovecraftian that it's dull at this point. We want something fresh, or fairly-fresh... not cribbed from another author's prominent work.