Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "but Blizzard said..." just reminds me of all the official denials of Into Darkness being about Khan or Marion Cotillard playing Talia al Ghul in Dark Knight Rises. They denied it over and over again, turns out they lied.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case with Garrosh. But you can't dismiss the possibility just because Blizzard said so.

Old gods don't take control of all their 'gifted'. Look at the Naga, not controlled by the Old Gods based on lady vashj
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I really hate it when people state fan theories as canon.
    What? Fan made theory? That is in game, spoken by the tribunal of ages.

Brann Bronzebeard yells: Old Gods eh? So they zapped the Earthen with this Curse of Flesh. And then what?
    Kaddrak yells: Accessing. Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host--
    Brann Bronzebeard yells: If they killed the Old Gods Azeroth would have been destroyed.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2013-06-22 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    I have always had a problem with Garrosh, the Lore behind this and many of the elements in this next raid is honestly making me VERY happy! I hope it will be as awesome as I hope!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Old gods don't take control of all their 'gifted'. Look at the Naga, not controlled by the Old Gods based on lady vashj
    Loken. Basically all of Ulduar.

Irrelevant here though, since the said Old God is dead - at least we think he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The ironic thing? Garrosh tells Thrall he is no longer an orc, to insult him, what with Garrosh believing his ideal for the orcs is the only thing that exists now, and then Garrosh himself becomes something that you can't honestly call an orc anymore.
    Garrosh's sound files prove once and for all that Garrosh's "inconcistencies" are part of his character. The fact that he continue to look at warlocks and demonic magic with such a disgusted view while using in the SAME TIME one of the darkest powers imaginable prove that Garrosh is "inconsistent" because is full of hypocrisy and bigotry, like Lor'themar suggested in the 5.1.

Demonic magic is not worst than Old God's power, but since fel magic is the bad thing that corrupted the orcs and made them slaves, he bash it endlessly, while Sha/Old God powers that are able to strengthen the orcs and Garrosh himself in unstoppable war machines, it's all OK. Same for the undead and the necromancy, he's just "disgusted" because is "unnatural", while in reality is just a power that he cannot control and cannot use. But the top is when he thinks to respect all the true orcish ways by depending so much in good old shamanism, but using it in a twisted and depraved way that make dark shamans look far worse than warlocks.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-22 at 10:35 PM.

*points to Cho'Gall*

Powered up up an old god, eyeballs up the wazoo, but still in control of his own actions. He served the old gods yes, but he also served them before he was empowered in the comics. If Cho'Gall can be powered up and in control, so can Garrosh.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The way I see it.

He is not using the power of the Sha. The Sha of Pride is a separate raid boss in a separate raid instance. He is using the residual power of an Old God - who BTW is dead as a door nail.

Using such a dangerous source of power has ... side effects. Kind of like steroids and roid rage.
    He's not harnessing the 'sha' directly as entities, but rather, harnessing the source of sha energy itself. Whether or not the Heart of Y'shaarj is actually the source of the seven sha, or just the heart of the god that made them, the sha energy we know still comes from Y'shaarj, so imo it makes sense that he would get sha like powers from drawing from it.

As for 'corruption,'

Physical changes != corruption. Sure, you can play games with semantics and say this is 'physical corruption' but that is entirely separate from the "more than mind control" corruption or 'driven to madness' that the old gods are known for. His body changing does not mean he's not in control.

Visions do not mean he's corrupted. It means he's seen visions. This doesn't mean the visions have magical sway over his actions, that his reactions to the visions are not legitimately his own, or that his wrongdoings are retroactively blamed on this heart he only got his hands on just now.

What we see in his voice files is simply Garrosh's megalomania running its full course after building up all this time. Yes, there's a hint of fear in his voice when mentions some of the visions, but that doesn't mean he didn't master them or is being controlled by them.

Let's also take into account that Kosak, who is working on this story even now, has more than once confirmed that Garrosh IS in control of his actions. His word trumps ours. This is not past lore he's not remembering right, or something subjective like what counts as an alliance fist bump moment. It's a cold, current, fact. He also even states that, while Garrosh resurrects the Heart with the waters of the Vale, this does not revive the entire old god.

Now, it's quite possible that, with enough time, the Heart eventually WOULD corrupt Garrosh, just as Nerzhul was eventually corrupted by the skull of gul'dan in Beyond the Dark Portal, but that doesn't mean he's the pawn of the Heart of Y'shaarj NOW. Nor, honestly, do I think he would be. Kosak's tweets say that HE is mastering and weaponizing the Heart, not the other way around, and for me the voice files only back that up rather than make me think he's lost control to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
    Where did I say I didn't like him? He's a good character, but he's corrupt in his state of mind.
    IRL Corrupt and Game Corrupt isn't the same thing... If we meant corrupt like in real life then it wouldn't be worth mentioning because it's so common...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    And you don't know what kind of corruption people are talking about here. We are talking about the kind of corruption that influence your decision or control you. Sargeras,Illidan and Garrosh have none of that. Physically corrupted is the same thing as weaponized. When Dave Kosak said Garrosh is not corrupted he means Garrosh is not influenced by Old god. He weaponized Old God's power. It will change him physically. You could say he is corrupted if you want but it's not in the same sense as DW and Arthas. Sargeras mental and physical also was not change by anyone but himself. I,Kosak and many people here are talking about the same thing but you don't. That's why you don't understand what Kosak said and think he's lying.
    And apparently you can't read. Sargeras was the most noble of the Titans originally, which is why he was sent ALONE to deal with demons while the rest of the Pantheon reshaped worlds, I explained how his mental state became corrupted from dealing with so many demons over the eons ALONE. Illdian, I EXPLAINED how the Skull AND feeding off the magic from demons + isolation corrupted his mental state, of course isolation did the bigger number there than the demon magic feeding.
    Now, as apparently most people are starting to come to the same conclusion, that given time Garrosh would be corrupted mentally from taking in the power of the heart...since he's freaking hearing voices in his head on what to do, which will result in exterminating everything not Orc. In truth, it depends on what you define Garrosh's corruption, if you are talking about over time aka BC to Wrath to Cata to now...the corruption of his standards and morals has been degrading starting in Cataclysm:
    Step 1: use Mannoroth's skull as body armor, where it has been proven in several places that demonic remains corrupt the area around it if left unattended.
    Step 2: from the time that Garrosh demoted and REMOVED the orc general in Stonetalon Mountains for using a giant bomb and later Garrosh uses a BIGGER bomb contradicting his earlier standards of honor.
    Step 3: The Blackrock Orc that shows up the Dark Heart of Pandaria, which is the same orc in the Tides of War novel, was HEAVILY influencing Garrosh's decisions.
    Step 4: add Old God + time
    Step 5: SUPER CRAZED NUT JOB, when compared to Wrath Garrosh is CORRUPTED (at least then he acknowledged that he needed the rest of the horde for spells, healing, etc, not to mention he actually appreciated the Tauren.)
    Of course since we are invading Orgimmar before Garrosh has some more quality time with the Ysarraj's heart and go insane, we go and kill him...

Now...side note: new short story on community site that gave insight into the future if Garrosh is left unattended...Burning Legion kicks down defense at the Dark Portal and kills off anything left (of course this isn't till like the end of the story does it mention this).