Many players are challenging Blizzard to come up with a solution to "button bloat" AKA too many spells, too many gimmicks in a class.. Why??

Isn't the core, defining aspect of the classic RPG (Of which WoW, the MMO, takes root from) making a character stronger, wiser, more able to perform a wide arrange of cool spells and epic swordplays? Why are people deliberately asking Blizzard to REMOVE spells from their spellbook? You DO NOT have to have every ability, food item, mount and emote macro dragged onto your interface to be efficient at the game, why hassle Blizzard to remove power from your character? I understand reasons for wanting to remove abilities that are unflashy, uncool and share animations and gimmicks with another spell (Read: Slam/Colossus Smash) but that to me is the bottom line. Why remove any ability that is flashy and fun? Why remove any ability that adds flavor without power? (Sentry Totem, Mind Vision, Eyes of the Beast) Really makes as much sense to me as removing items from the game with a unique look, or even removing mounts to a more extreme extent.