Deleted
    Also a Witchers body is far above human, as stated countless times during the games. Strength, speed, reflexes and ofc stamina are all far above normal humans, also Geralt is regarded as a phenomenal swordsmen even among Witchers, if i recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Also a Witchers body is far above human, as stated countless times during the games. Strength, speed, reflexes and ofc stamina are all far above normal humans, also Geralt is regarded as a phenomenal swordsmen even among Witchers, if i recall correctly.
    Yeah, but I like that by "far above human" in the witcher universe mean you are still incredibly human. In the books, monster hunting is not easy task for Geralt. He has to research and prepare. Geralt had extremely hard time fighting against mages in the past. Before the story of the witcher 1 began Geralt was "killed" by being pierced by a pitchfork from some noname boy....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Mostly the mages waving staves around ... first time I saw that I was like what is the character doing, is he a mage or a gymnast or. Mage casting in DA2:

Im sort of inclined to agree with it but in it's defense, its still much better than the weapon or staff disappearing and mages always using their hands to cast spells. They should just tone it down a notch in DA3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Yeah, but I like that by "far above human" in the witcher universe mean you are still incredibly human. In the books, monster hunting is not easy task for Geralt. He has to research and prepare. Geralt had extremely hard time fighting against mages in the past. Before the story of the witcher 1 began Geralt was "killed" by being pierced by a pitchfork from some noname boy....
    So they managed to create a character that is human yet superhuman and not a huge piece of shit.
    Superheromovie writes should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So they managed to create a character that is human yet superhuman and not a huge piece of shit.
    I think they target different audience. Geralt is not superhero. He is kinda grey character that we can relate to.

Deleted
    I agree. He is strong, very strong, but still not even close to invincible. This keeps him and the story as interesting as it gets. You will be all like "Hot damn, this dude is a badas", but without the feeling of "meh, no matter what, he cant loose", which would make it boring again. But of course he will be displayed a bit different in the books. Books are still superior to games and movies in the sense of details and such, you cant hold the action in a movie to describe how the character feels and thinks etc., while the issue is a bit better in videogames, it still has nothing on an actual book. They are still the superior medium to me.

Long story short, he is as close to perfect as it gets in the games, as he is in the books. But hey, thats just my opinion, if someone likes some differences more or less, its totally ok right?

Deleted
    I think they target different audience. Geralt is not superhero. He is kinda grey character that we can relate to.
    A superhero is a type of stock character possessing "extraordinary or superhuman powers" and dedicated to protecting the public.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys are done fapping to Geralt, back to the topic of the thread!

Combat, will it be improved? Will the Dragon Age 1 craptical tacitcal system be back. Will Bioware manage to make the leap in combat quality from DA2 to DA3 that they did from ME2 to ME3.

The number one issue I have with Dragon Age and it's sequel is the combat is total shit. The first game was the worst combat I've played through in an rpg. I'd rather have to physically roll dice then to deal with those stupid tactics and switching characters and pausing... My own character gets a whole what 3-4 abilities with very long cooldowns and otherwise just autoattacks; so I can go play the healer to keep people alive which makes the game trivial, yet if you want to play the game on your actual character without switching its stupidly difficult because the retarded npcs keep dying.

Then the second game, I dont have to keep switching characters to get the dumb bitch to heal instead of die, but it just plays like total shit. What the fuck is with that targeting system. Either let me click on the guy and hit the ability and have it work, or let me just point myself at the guy and hit the ability and have it work. It is not that fucking hard.

But to Bioware's credit, Mass Effect combat was bad, Mass Effect 2 was mediocre, so when they said ME3 was going to have multiplayer I laughed at it, but the combat in ME3 works so well it's fun, and i've played at least 50 hrs of ME3 multiplayer by now. It's responsive, the weapons all have a good feel to them, the abilities are varied and fun, and it is punishing yet easy to learn. I am not one for CO-OP multiplayer, but the combat was done so well I just have such a blast running around as a Krogan Vanguard, charging into people and smashing them, that I lose myself in it.

And that is what I want from Dragon Age 3, combat that is so good just playing without story, without exploration, without character building is fun.

Wish list for DA3 combat:
    No targeting.
    Super Responsive.
    Multiple abilities, strong in their own way and fun to use, bound to specialization for a class, with each class having more then one specialization.
    Combat rolls, or dodging, real time avoidance, not computer dice.
    Jumping. Ducking. Prone.
    Independent capable squad mates.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Stern is now just a Qunari title
    It was always a title, even in DA:O. If you gain enough influence with Sten you can learn this through conversations with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    It was always a title, even in DA:O. If you gain enough influence with Sten you can learn this through conversations with him.
    All of qunari "names" are just titles/positions apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Show some respect, punk.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of qunari "names" are just titles/positions apparently.

Show some respect, punk.
    Respect for a 3rd rate video game character... hah. The Witcher 2, a game that made Dragon Age 2's combat seem semi competent.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

damn you...

Combat, will it be improved? Will the Dragon Age 1 craptical tacitcal system be back. Will Bioware manage to make the leap in combat quality from DA2 to DA3 that they did from ME2 to ME3.
    I like DA:O's combat. This strategic and tactical combat is kinda signature of the game. Super fast paced combat from action game is the last thing I want in DA:I.

Deleted
    Respect for a 3rd rate video game character... hah. The Witcher 2, a game that made Dragon Age 2's combat seem semi competent.
    Shoo shoo troll, go back to your cave.

Witcher 2:
    Review scores
    Publication Score
    Eurogamer 9/10
    Game Informer 9.5/10
    GameSpot 9/10
    GamesRadar 10/10
    GameTrailers 9.4/10
    IGN 9/10

DA:O
    Review scores
    Publication Score
    Eurogamer 6/10
    8/10
    Game Informer 9/10
    8/10
    GameSpot 9.5/10
    GamesRadar 9/10
    IGN 8.7/10
    Official Xbox Magazine (UK) 8/10
    PC Gamer (UK) 94%
    PC Gamer (US) 92%
    RPGFan 95%
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-08-03 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn you...

I like DA:O's combat. This strategic and tactical combat is kinda signature of the game. Super fast paced combat from action game is the last thing I want in DA:I.
    Really. I didnt find any real strategy to it. Set the dps to attack, get on the healer, heal. You win. I think it works better when you dont control the other characters, and their competency in combat, their abilities becomes a part of their character. I think it detracts from the roleplaying element.

That way the npcs actions will fit their character, and you can have one more risk taking that you have to watch out for, or with mages ones more willing to heal and others just constantly rushing up to blast someone. Pausing the game, taking control, breaks immersion.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-08-03 at 05:06 PM.

Really. I didnt find any real strategy to it. Set the dps to attack, get on the healer, heal. You win. I think it works better when you dont control the other characters, and their competency in combat, their abilities becomes a part of their character. I think it detracts from the roleplaying element.

That way the npcs actions will fit their character, and you can have one more risk taking that you have to watch out for, or with mages ones more willing to heal and others just constantly rushing up to blast someone. Pausing the game, taking control, breaks immersion.
    Playing on highest difficulty, you have to use terrain to your advantage,position your companion well,pre set up their tactics is also part of strategy. It makes you think about how your party will synergy well with each other. Maybe it's personal thing but i don't find constantly pausing to be immersion breaker at all. It kinda forces you to resposition and think constantly.

Didn't really find DA:O combat that enticing either. I liked the faster combat of DA2 more.

I wouldn't mind if they used a turn based squad tactical combat like X-Comm for DA3. I think it could work well there.

I don't understand how people can say DA:2 combat was better than DA:O. Opinions are opinions I guess.

A middle road (slightly Origin favoured) for DA:I will be ideal I think. Let's hope they nail it.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I don't understand how people can say DA:2 combat was better than DA:O. Opinions are opinions I guess.
    I don't understand how people can like chocolate ice cream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I know right? The only good ice cream is lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I just think you're weird now.