Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Not really. Night Elf Male Hunters still have the stereotype to me of being Noobs. Also nothing amazing happens with the Alliance in game, and the Horde has Lor'themar Theron. Nothing that appealing to be Alliance beyond you can play as Human Also I get to kill Goblins, and I personally despise them more than Gnomes.
    Even after 5.2 I don't find Lor'themar lore or blood elves all that interesting.

That being said: OP, no not really. You still have Varian, and he's kindof a cheesy character (cheesier imo than Lor'themar).

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Nope, they're still the faction with the Gnomes. I like Gnomes, but being associated with them seems to be a sin in most gaming groups.
    >.< I love gnomes!

The Horde are still the faction with the "FOR THE HORDE" warcry, while the Alliance is still stuck with no actual awesome warcry. I think most go with "NOT THE FACE!".
    That's just mean D: Even if true, sometimes...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    give you that, but really, it just means the draenei are the only humble race within the alliance, that and perhaps the worgen.
    It also means the horde go against the very thing you claim makes them humble since they are the ones who did this to the Draenei and the Worgen. I fail to see any meaningful distinction in your statements.

give you that, but really, it just means the draenei are the only humble race within the alliance, that and perhaps the worgen.
    The humans aren't? Orcs raze everything to the ground, they come back rebuild a kingdom, leader gets enslaved, becomes a badass, and now are rebuilding the whole eastern kingdoms one kingdom at a time while fighting off the now most dangerous army the new scourge err I mean Forsaken.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I feel like saying "For the Horde!" is the same thing is saying " 'Murica!" these days. It meant something at one point, now its mostly a mockery of itself.

I don't get the hate for Gnomes besides everyone and their grandma uses a mohawk/anime hair look (only complaint I have about them). If the Alliance didn't have a lot of crappy zones til the 30-40+ range, I'd have one at 90 with my Horde guys.

Warcraft isn't black and white with the Alliance and Horde (Some Worgen are gung-ho ass-holes like Ivan/that guy from SFK). You still have some crappy Alliance characters making things lousy for everybody.

Out of their NPC leaders, I only like the Dwarf leaders because they hated each other until Moira finally killed Frostmane trolls with King Rage-a-holic. Anduinn is pretty cool because he isn't a twit like his Dad. They need to do something with the Dreanei and Worgen other than being yes men at this point (Worgen got shafted in Cataclysm).

Alliance isnt the underdog never was never tried to be.

Horde isnt the underdog aswell, if you go by ACTUAL lorewise and population number noone can consider them to be underdogs, anyone that says otherwise its just nostalgic fool trying to protect the status quo

No. Not the underdogs. You have to be the lesser faction to be the underdogs. Trassk the fact you're serious on these posts makes me lol

Deleted
    As far as stereotypes go, I've always pictured the average horde player as a guy (or girl) who needs to be part of the "bad guys" to feel different and cool.

This is of course my perspective, I'm sure Horde players have similar feelings towards the Alliance.

No, Alliance still suck.

no, they are still the faction of holier than thou chaste church boys wearing gold, whose best NPC representative is Major Payne. just because they have been losing doesn't mean they are cool now.

/love the alliance
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    ya it has absolutely nothing to do with min/maxers going after the vastly superior horde racials for raiding

But the Alliance has had to deal with massive amounts of hardship that trump the Horde's hardshipsn many the Horde brought upon themselves really. One of the Alliance's major hardships was fighting off the Horde whose common goal was to steal their resources, defile their land, throw them into slave camps and then when that failed, kill them all in genocide. Don't trump the Horde up as some band of survivors.
    It's Trassk, what do you expect?

no.

until your faction has been thrown into slave camps, forced to live in its own shit, able to build up a city from nothing but desert, and find a common goal with races that otherwise wouldn't have a common goal, then alliance are just... average, generic, and wannabes.
    That's very funny, especially considering that it's Blizzard that writes the lore and controls the narrative.
    So if one faction is largely considered 'super awesome' it's because they made it that way.
    So take your own conclusions as who really is the underdog here.

10+ Year Old Account
    its all just pixels
    its take an elitest jerk to make it something it is not
    pixels and attitude

Deleted
    Alliance is undoubtedly the underdog faction. Gnome...

10+ Year Old Account
    while the Alliance is still stuck with no actual awesome warcry. I think most go with "NOT THE FACE!".
    Quite inaccurate statement, i'd say. "For the Alliance" has been accepted as the standard Alliance battlecry long ago... don't let fanboyism cloud your judgement.

But the Alliance has had to deal with massive amounts of hardship that trump the Horde's hardshipsn many the Horde brought upon themselves really. One of the Alliance's major hardships was fighting off the Horde whose common goal was to steal their resources, defile their land, throw them into slave camps and then when that failed, kill them all in genocide. Don't trump the Horde up as some band of survivors.
    The Alliance today is not the Alliance that first faced the orcs. The Horde and the Scourge saw to that. Stormwind is the only one of the seven human kingdoms of the Alliance of Lorderon to recover its standing in the world (though Dalaran has now come back into the fold). Two members of the old Alliance, Lorderon and Quel'thalas, are now Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    No, Alliance still suck.
    Contrary to this post, which was meaningful and necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya it has absolutely nothing to do with min/maxers going after the vastly superior horde racials for raiding
    Which goes to show that Alliance players who haven't jumped ship yet would accept mediocrity (including myself) instead of going to the winning side which is strictly better, a decision that I regretted after the 1/2 off faction change sale past.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Contrary to this post, which was meaningful and necessary.
    I was asked a question and I gave an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we aren't, and I'd rather not be. Sadly as it stands the Alliance seems more like a bunch of inept idiots (lore wise) who don't really...do...anything...
    Underdogs however, we are not, and if we were, we definitely wouldn't be after SoO anyhow so this thread is somewhat pointless.