Deleted

How to connect 12 monitors on 2 cards?

Alright so I have 3 monitors at the moment and I want to get 12.

Are there any adapters for 6 outputs or should I buy another card or two? I don't know if I can fit two more of the same card because they're huge.

Deleted
    12...?
    I think there really isn't a way to do that. At least I've never heard of one.

What the hell do you need 12 monitors for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    What the hell do you need 12 monitors for?
    EVE Online :P Don't NEED 12, but I want 12 because I very often have 12 clients open.

there are vga splitters that you can get, splitting 1 into 4 so w/ two outputs on each card you could essentially have 16 monitors running.here is an example
    Last edited by Deatheryn; 2013-07-07 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    there are vga splitters that you can get, splitting 1 into 4 so w/ two outputs on each card you could essentially have 16 monitors running.
    Doesn't this 'duplicate' the image into the second monitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    there are vga splitters that you can get, splitting 1 into 4 so w/ two outputs on each card you could essentially have 16 monitors running.
    Thanks!

/10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    That's my understanding - I imagine for proper communication each monitor would need its own port, and no video card that I know of has 6 outputs.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Now that I think about it you are probably right. I've never used a splitter but just remember seeing them while looking for cables. Sorry for being misleading James T. Kirk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using 8 monitor system at work, and I find it as maximal number you can use realy efectively.

And if memory is right, Matrox company was the one, which have made it for us.
    Last edited by Deffry; 2013-07-07 at 04:09 PM.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think certain cards exist that have more than usual ports, I think you will have to just purchase extra video cards...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    That's my understanding - I imagine for proper communication each monitor would need its own port, and no video card that I know of has 6 outputs.
    The problem is at a hardware level - the video card needs to know where to send the image, and there is no way to force it to send 4 output signals to one port, and not even that would work without extensive modification at a level far beyond me.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    From reading around I think you can get fancy daisy chain action with the display port but it is not widely available technology. 1 display port should be able to do 4 monitors, so maybe this is possible with 2 cards.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1671260 post 9 is chatting about this topic.

������������������������������
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2018-07-22 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    You might want to take a look at this;
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...th2go/digital/

10+ Year Old Account
    Having run 8-15 clients in the past on two monitors without a hitch, I'd say it's both a waste of money, and complexity. I'm assuming you're doing mining, since fleet combat would seem nigh-impossible with that many.

That said, if you REALLY want to (and blow about $1700 on playing eve in the process). You could get a board that supports 3 or 4 way SLI @ 16x each, and get 3 650ti Boost cards, that support 4 monitors (I imagine DVI, DVI, HDMI, Displayport). The cards themselves are only about $150 or so, and the board (An Extreme6 I think has it) would be 130 or so. So you're about 600 in, and then the monitors.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Having run 8-15 clients in the past on two monitors without a hitch, I'd say it's both a waste of money, and complexity. I'm assuming you're doing mining, since fleet combat would seem nigh-impossible with that many.

That said, if you REALLY want to (and blow about $1700 on playing eve in the process). You could get a board that supports 3 or 4 way SLI @ 16x each, and get 3 650ti Boost cards, that support 4 monitors (I imagine DVI, DVI, HDMI, Displayport). The cards themselves are only about $150 or so, and the board (An Extreme6 I think has it) would be 130 or so. So you're about 600 in, and then the monitors.
    I was actually going to suggest something similar.

It would be a cheaper option to go with an ATX mobo with 3-way crossfire and 3 7790s.

As someone else said, though, more than 8 monitors would be almost impossible to manage from a desk standpoint.